Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:09:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP Litecoin ticker for Opensource Exchange  (Read 900 times)
IamAGentleman (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:53:31 AM

Okay I am looking to buy a custom-made litecoin ticker for this project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=885845, not one that relies on other websites and no copy-pasta. Offering 1 btc
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:55:09 AM

If not on external sites, where would such a ticker actually determine the speculative price of Litecoin compared to some fiat currency or bitcoin? Or do you want the ticker to display the exchange rate from your exchange itself?

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
IamAGentleman (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:58:10 AM

If not on external sites, where would such a ticker actually determine the speculative price of Litecoin compared to some fiat currency or bitcoin? Or do you want the ticker to display the exchange rate from your exchange itself?

If the script uses 3rd part api's to get prices then if those websites are comprimised then the ticker will be and people could purchase coins for cheap. So want a custom-made one and they will have to decide how to generate the prices.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:15:11 AM

OK, that makes sense then. I'm unfortunately not enough of a PHP-guru, but I can see this happening with some sort of interface and a bunch of implementations.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:05:45 PM

Then it would be very hard to determine the price.
If I were you, I would take rate from few pages (for example 5 APIs or more) and if any price is different for more than n% (n could be various - about 5%), then don't use that rate in your calculation. Or calculate statistical model (again from a few APIs) and don't use rates that has too high deviation.

Edit: now I see that this is for exchange. So why you then need ticker? Just take rates from your exchange.
IamAGentleman (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:19:14 PM

Then it would be very hard to determine the price.
If I were you, I would take rate from few pages (for example 5 APIs or more) and if any price is different for more than n% (n could be various - about 5%), then don't use that rate in your calculation. Or calculate statistical model (again from a few APIs) and don't use rates that has too high deviation.

Edit: now I see that this is for exchange. So why you then need ticker? Just take rates from your exchange.

I'll be using the ticker to determine the prices for the exchange. It doesn't exist at the moment so I have to use blockchain to debug on all coins LOL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: