Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: please help. hope i didnt brick my s3......... :(  (Read 934 times)
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:11:07 AM

Okay well I'm guessing this is an easy fix but everything i google has the word brick in it  Sad

basically my s3 wasnt hashing optimum (new unit just opened today)i ws showing like 63 gh?

so i pushed the reset button wait for light to go out and power down bring back up and now I am getting...

blininking red light on back on unit and no hashing.

I am able to see the unit on the network using the default ip .99

the network is also clear of any other device with .99

i have tried resetting the device a few times and am still getting the same result.

I have 10 more s3's and 1 c1 all hashing properly minus this unit. 12 units total,

help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:28:55 AM

Did you power-cycle after resetting? I know it was required on the S1. You'll probably also have to redo the pool configs.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:41:25 AM

yes i power cycled.

I waited for lights to go off. Unplug unit for about 30s-2m and then plug back in. Pool settings are already configured Sad Sad

no fans, no hashing Sad Sad Sad

at least i have 11 more running  Huh
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:34:11 AM

fixed?HuhHuhHuh??

just let it sit a whie and fired it up... works fine now ...whatevs
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:48:45 AM

nvm just cut out on me again trying another factory reset and let sit for a bit..... was hasing now nothing again Roll Eyes
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:17:45 AM

ok after further testing it seem that this unit is not liking anypool except the default antpools it is setup with.

No matter what pool that I attempt to connect to it will not hash unless its the default antpool..

additionally i tried linking it to my antpool account (which I have never used..) and when I try to add worker and click save it is not letting me save a worker on every browser i try with?..

regardless it only seems to want to hash on default antpool.. Help
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:33:02 AM

just reset again. now getting solid red light even on default antpool. Dont know what else to try.
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:36:18 AM

ok i just reboot twice after reset just to try extra reboot.... now red light is gone hashing on stratum bitmain default.
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:02:20 AM

now after series of resets it is saying it is mining server side but not showing on reward etc pool side. But any pool I use (after I reboot only) it says it is mining. If i try to change to any different pool without rebooting it will not hash (miner side)

using this reboot sequence.no matter what pool i use it is showing miner not pool side. Huh

thats about the best info i think.

Would a home router have a limit to how many connections can be attached? I have 17 devices attached via eternet and switches to 4 routerports
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:04:54 AM

it quit hashing again wth it was just wrking fine a few hrs ago..
sdjernes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

now after series of resets it is saying it is mining server side but not showing on reward etc pool side. But any pool I use (after I reboot only) it says it is mining. If i try to change to any different pool without rebooting it will not hash (miner side)

using this reboot sequence.no matter what pool i use it is showing miner not pool side. Huh

Would a home router have a limit to how many connections can be attached? I have 17 devices attached via eternet and switches to 4 routerports

First thing I would just try a reboot on your router.  If you do DHCP for your miners, try moving them to static IPs in your subnet.  Make sure those static IPs are not in the "Dynamic Space" that your router assigns as some other device on your network may be taking the address.  IP networking works mostly by a who responds first method, so if you have two devices that somehow get the same IP (should not happen with DHCP, but depending on the software in the router it can), the faster guy wins and a PC, Tablet, Phone etc... which are designed to be more real time will almost always win.

If your router supports it (and you can find it), look at the connected devices page. See what MAC address it says for the IP you have assigned to the miner.  Compare that with the info from the minor info screen.

It is rare, but some older home router firmware (or broken firmware) will not have a good NAT (Network Address Translation) table that will make is so something that connects gets dropped.  This most often only happens with things like VoIP and Gaming but can happen with other protocols.  If you can, I would find a "High Quality" not "High Priced" router, and better yet try a custom firmware load like DD-WRT or OpenWRT if you have the willingness to go that far.

I run an older Netgear WNDR3700 v3 with DD-WRT with over 25+ devices doing both outbound and inbound connections.
Deagle21

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:46:44 PM

First thing I would just try a reboot on your router.  If you do DHCP for your miners, try moving them to static IPs in your subnet.  Make sure those static IPs are not in the "Dynamic Space" that your router assigns as some other device on your network may be taking the address.  IP networking works mostly by a who responds first method, so if you have two devices that somehow get the same IP (should not happen with DHCP, but depending on the software in the router it can), the faster guy wins and a PC, Tablet, Phone etc... which are designed to be more real time will almost always win.

If your router supports it (and you can find it), look at the connected devices page. See what MAC address it says for the IP you have assigned to the miner.  Compare that with the info from the minor info screen.

It is rare, but some older home router firmware (or broken firmware) will not have a good NAT (Network Address Translation) table that will make is so something that connects gets dropped.  This most often only happens with things like VoIP and Gaming but can happen with other protocols.  If you can, I would find a "High Quality" not "High Priced" router, and better yet try a custom firmware load like DD-WRT or OpenWRT if you have the willingness to go that far.

I run an older Netgear WNDR3700 v3 with DD-WRT with over 25+ devices doing both outbound and inbound connections.

I was just going to suggest this.  Every time one of my S3s stops hashing, its the damn router causing it and a reboot of the router fixes it. 
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:13:18 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 06:25:15 PM by ChineseSavior

could it be possible I have to many connections going into my router? Huh

It just did it again after hashing for a few minutes. Sad

i tried all of these things and its still doing the same stuff.. Grr..

Bitmain says to plug 1 blade in at a time and see what happens. I will try that last time it fixed my c1. Maybe it is a rail issue who knows.

any other suggestions would help.

i have this router

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320168&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Wireless+Routers-_-N82E16833320168&gclid=CjwKEAiA-5-kBRDylPG5096R8mASJABqEdm4w_3e9YXO_d3oAInnQfqNgJ9ueI5Ci_gZDewo2MbmWBoCuDXw_wcB

would flashing the s3 help? I really feel like something got corrupted when I was trying to factory reset one time. IF this is a possible solution lmk but of course I dont want to make matters worse not sure how much worse the unit could be though until it's actually happening.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: