Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this is how Satoshi disappeared?  (Read 2535 times)
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:32:37 PM

Imagine if after creating bitcoin, seeing it succeed, you lost all your private keys in a HDD crash, had no backups, your brain wallets got brute-forced by rainbow tables attacks, and the rest was deposited at MtGox.

Would you still wish to come out? Just asking.  Wink

Yes I would still come out because BTC was not a get rich scheme for me  Wink
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

Hey

First of all Im not sure if this is the right place to post this so mods feel free to move Smiley

Now, I have seen a lot of theories to what happened and why Satoshi left BTC suddenly. But, I haven't come across this pretty simple theory which I just thought about.

What if Satoshi was just sick and not well. Maybe his health was deteriorating and hence he decided to gradually handover his great creation. Isn't this a possible scenario?

Let me know your thoughts Smiley

the scenario of could satoshi be hal finney, who had health issues that were getting worse, has been thought about before. along side theories of satoshi being a separate person with his own health issues too

there are no signs of satoshi complaining about bad health or inability to do things due to health. and it has been established that satoshi is/was/ will not be hal finney..

so any theory around hal finney links are false, and any theory that satoshi as a separate person moving off the scene due to health has little to no evidence and thus idle speculation

I wasn't pointing out at hal finney when I spoke a bout the health issues. Other than that I think the way he left BTC, i.e. gradually not suddenly one day could be some evidence about health issues. Maybe he wasn't able to give a lot of time to BTC because of it. Hard to think that he got busy with something more important!

I read somewhere that Hal Finny is cryogenically frozen until the day scientific medicine has advanced enough that he can come back. If Satoshi was Hall Finny, then some time in the future he would end up getting revived and everyone pays in Satoshi's and he has trillions of dollars in capital at his disposal. That would make a really great movie!
LordSonjai

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:54:59 AM

how do you know he left bitcoin when you don't even know who he is?
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 06:24:34 AM

MAybe, who knows, lots of conspiracy and allegations, what to believe?

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:11:00 AM

More or less started with this story:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.0

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:34:24 AM

It's hard to predict how he's disappeared because we don't know about Satoshi.

But i think he don't want to become popular & taking responbility if he's got arrested.
Or he's got some accident  Sad

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:46:57 AM

Hey

First of all Im not sure if this is the right place to post this so mods feel free to move Smiley

Now, I have seen a lot of theories to what happened and why Satoshi left BTC suddenly. But, I haven't come across this pretty simple theory which I just thought about.

What if Satoshi was just sick and not well. Maybe his health was deteriorating and hence he decided to gradually handover his great creation. Isn't this a possible scenario?

the scenario of could satoshi be hal finney, who had health issues that were getting worse, has been thought about before. along side theories of satoshi being a separate person with his own health issues too

there are no signs of satoshi complaining about bad health or inability to do things due to health. and it has been established that satoshi is/was/ will not be hal finney..

so any theory around hal finney links are false, and any theory that satoshi as a separate person moving off the scene due to health has little to no evidence and thus idle speculation

Franky, Satoshi was Hal.
And Hal is gone now unfortunately.
So is Satoshi.
Let's leave it at that shall we Wink
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:51:34 PM

how do you know he left bitcoin when you don't even know who he is?

That's an educated guess. Nobody sees why he would go anonymous while still being involved in bitcoins.
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:55:34 PM

It's hard to predict how he's disappeared because we don't know about Satoshi.

But i think he don't want to become popular & taking responbility if he's got arrested.
Or he's got some accident  Sad

Yeah makes me sad on the thought that he might be afraid of becoming popular as the creator of BTC and get into troubles. If I was at his place I would probably never be afraid of that. Saying that, I personally don't think this is the reason for his disappearance.
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:56:32 PM

Hey

Franky, Satoshi was Hal.
And Hal is gone now unfortunately.
So is Satoshi.
Let's leave it at that shall we Wink

Do you have any proof to back up your statement here? Most people would believe otherwise!
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:53:43 PM

We still don't know who is satoshi nakamoto
So, how can we know satoshi nakamoto gone ?

Usually, if a person suddenly gone
The person got an accident  Sad
Or suddenly died just like that

But, there are chance he just disappear because he don't want his identity revealed.

It just shows that Bitcoin is truly pseudonymous in nature. Smiley
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 10:24:57 AM

He could probably be hiding. As what some others put it he maybe waiting for the right time to reveal himself. Nobody knows the main reason but probably waiting for bitcoin to be accepted, legalized, goes into mainstream adoption or maybe for his own security reason.

LordSonjai

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:23:56 AM

Hiding where?in Plain site? I feel as if I am socializing with 15 year olds. You don't know who he is why would he be hiding?
thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

well he could even die in car crush.. we never know

i can rent this1
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

If he doesn't reveal himself till the very end, it would be a shame.
A great genius, having an ordinary funeral....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: