Dear Bitcoin community,
As part of our on going development, Bitstamp has added free support for two-factor authentication with instant setup. Details are included below.
We would also like to thank our customers and the Bitcoin community for making Bitstamp’s outstanding growth a reality. Bitstamp now regularly ranks as the 3rd largest USD Bitcoin exchange, by 30 day volume, according to http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
.For those unfamiliar with Bitstamp:
- Bitstamp has been serving Europe and the world since August 2011.
- Our website features a proprietary simple and easy to use user interface.
- We offer free SEPA deposits and fixed 0.90€ SEPA withdrawals. Most transfers happen overnight.
- We provide excellent and responsive customer support.
- We actively develop Bitstamp to improve its services.
For more details, including our low fees and our volume discount program, please visit our site: https://www.bitstamp.net Two-factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication better protects your account. Instead of just relying on a password to access your account, to access your account with two-factor authentication you will need your password and a particular device such as your mobile phone. Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator is a free mobile application that allows you to generate 2-step verification codes on your smartphone without a network connection. Supported Devices
Enabling Google Authenticator
- Android version 2.1 or later
- BlackBerry OS 4.5 - 6.0
- iPhone iOS 3.1.3 or later
How to login with two-factor authentication enabled
- Login your Bitstamp account and go to the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click on Enable two-factor authentication.
- Scan QR code with your device to setup.
- Insert 6 digit authentication code from your device and click Enable two-factor authentication.
What if I lose my phone
- Login as usual: Enter your client ID and password.
- Enter the 6 digit code displayed in your mobile Google authenticator
- Click Authenticate.
When setting up your two-factor authentication on your mobile phone you must note and safely store the provided 16 character code. With that code you can install authenticator to other devices if yours breaks down or gets lost. Without that code Bitstamp cannot grant you access to your account. Questions, Comments, and Support
If you have any questions, comments, or require additional support please contact us at: email@example.com
CEO, Nejc Kodrič