Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting theymos to remove CanaryInTheMine from DefaultTrust  (Read 15739 times)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:11:00 AM

You can give neutral feedback instead. Thats why its there.

I didn't want to leave neutral feedback. Like I said earlier, when leaving negative feedback it states.

Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

I'm using the system as intended.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:11:36 AM

Accounts in default trust get sold all the time. For instance https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890434.0

smart enough to use a throw away to sell the account worth more though.

Anybody willing to buy a legendary, default trusted account will be doing so to scam.

To any potential buyers, there is a good chance that you will be easily caught so be careful.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:13:58 AM

The trust should be removed in my opinion for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, his trust is a conflict of interest. If he owns shares of a competing cloud mining service then his trust will result in potential customers to not want to invest in the competition which will result in them buying the shares of the service he owns. This will result in his shares becoming more valuable. If he has a valid reason these users/companies should have negative trust then he should present evidence to someone else without this conflict.

der_troll -6: -1 / +0(0)   2014-12-11   0.00000000   Reference
Abuses Trust system by giving negative trust to all cloud mining services while promoting AMHash.

His trust is a conflict of interest. If he owns shares of a competing cloud mining service then his trust will result in potential customers to not want to invest in the competition which will result in them buying the shares of the service he owns. This will result in his shares becoming more valuable. If he has a valid reason these users/companies should have negative trust then he should present evidence to someone else without this conflict.

November 20, 2014, 06:04:19 AM - malaimult - password changed

I would sell it for the right price, couple of bitcoins would do I guess Smiley

SpanishSoldier (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:16:40 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 11:53:07 AM by SpanishSoldier

Default trust doesn't give anyone on it an "advantage" its a huge responsibility. Being on the default trust list means you give others appropriate feedback, it doesnt mean that you are without a doubt trustworthy. How trustworthy someone is should be a huge consideration when adding someone to the default trust list, but its about who you can trust to leave accurate feedback for others.

If I add someone to my trust list who is a jackwagon, its my responsibility. That sure is a pretty good motivator not to mess up the default trust list. If I add someone to my trust list who I don't have complete faith in, and they add someone who is a jerk, once again I'm held responsible. I'm not going to stake my own reputation so a friend of a friend of a friend can go on a perceived power trip. They get cut, and the system corrects itself.

If you want a system without default trust, all you have to do is look at "untrusted" and "trusted" feedback with the same weight. I don't give trusted feedback any weight unless its from personally someone I trust. If I see Badbear is trusted by Dingus, Doofus, and Dingleoid and I dont trust them even though they are on the default trust list, I dont value their feedback anymore than untrusted feedback. If Badbear is trusted by someone I trust default trustlist or not, that carries the most amount of weight.

What is your take about the situation described in the OP ? Mabsark is trusted by the DefaultTrust member CanaryInTheMine. Do u think any of the following acts done by Mabsark is correct ?

1. Leaving -ve feedback on businesses that has not scammed anyone, but competing a company, where he is a shareholder.

2. Leaving -ve trust on people talking against HaveLock, because he is a shareholder over there.

3. Did not leave -ve trust on Hashie, though they were doing everything same the others are accused of, except that they started to resell the hash power of a company, where he is a shareholder.

I'd rather not involve myself. What I can add constructively though, is if people think that what Mabsark has done is wrong, and Mabsark is not willing to change their feedback, you then ask CanaryInTheMine to reconsider their trust of Mabsark's. If Mabsark can't be trusted to give accurate feedback, the pressure is then on CanaryInTheMine to decide whether they want Mabsark's actions to represent them.

Mabsark negative trusting exclusively rivals does look as serving his own interest.

CanaryInTheMine is active and have taken action by removing der_troll and putting a new trust on Mabsark. Now the responsibility lies with him. If it feels to the other trusted members or Theymos that Mabsark is abusing his privilege then CanaryInTheMine will be held responsible and would likely lose his status.

I think the trust system works fine, would like to monitor this and see how it ends.

OP updated. Awaiting to hear from theymos.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:16:44 AM

The trust should be removed in my opinion for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, his trust is a conflict of interest. If he owns shares of a competing cloud mining service then his trust will result in potential customers to not want to invest in the competition which will result in them buying the shares of the service he owns. This will result in his shares becoming more valuable. If he has a valid reason these users/companies should have negative trust then he should present evidence to someone else without this conflict.

der_troll -6: -1 / +0(0)   2014-12-11   0.00000000   Reference
Abuses Trust system by giving negative trust to all cloud mining services while promoting AMHash.

His trust is a conflict of interest. If he owns shares of a competing cloud mining service then his trust will result in potential customers to not want to invest in the competition which will result in them buying the shares of the service he owns. This will result in his shares becoming more valuable. If he has a valid reason these users/companies should have negative trust then he should present evidence to someone else without this conflict.

November 20, 2014, 06:04:19 AM - malaimult - password changed

I would urge you to use the seclog tool with caution. Its extremely useful as a warning, but you shouldn't use it to try and connect anybody who has some opinion.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:19:07 AM

I would urge you to use the seclog tool with caution. Its extremely useful as a warning, but you shouldn't use it to try and connect anybody who has some opinion.

The feedback left by der_troll is word for word what malaimult wrote in this thread one day prior to the feedback being left.
My guess is Der_troll and Malaimult are one int he same.
peligro

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

You can give neutral feedback instead. Thats why its there.

I didn't want to leave neutral feedback. Like I said earlier, when leaving negative feedback it states.

Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

I'm using the system as intended.

I am not defending you or der_troll. Personally, I feel you've a vested interest, but I don't have conviction or the power to influence anything.

It would be an interesting case to see how the trust system works.
peligro

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:21:05 AM

The feedback left by der_troll is word for word what malaimult wrote in this thread one day prior to the feedback being left.

That does make it suspicious. Still, its a big accusation and I would urge you to show restraint. One of them may not be a good writer or lazy and copied it.

Once an accusation is made publicly it sticks even if it is later found out to be incorrect.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:21:42 AM

malaimult is not default trust. der_troll is. malaimult used his alt to leave feedback as his alt is on default trust but he is not. connecting the dots is fun speculation.

peligro

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:25:36 AM

malaimult is not default trust. der_troll is. malaimult used his alt to leave feedback as his alt is on default trust but he is not. connecting the dots is fun speculation.

What is fun speculation for you may incorrectly ruin some one else's reputation. Hence I said you should judge carefully and be reasonably confident before making any kind of accusations.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:38:22 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 01:25:24 PM by elasticband

What is fun speculation for you may incorrectly ruin some one else's reputation. Hence I said you should judge carefully and be reasonably confident before making any kind of accusations.

I am not judging or accusing, i am merely speculating on small pieces of information gathered. There is no conclusive evidence but there are some dots linking the two if you like to speculate.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:42:12 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 01:13:16 PM by Mabsark

I am not defending you or der_troll. Personally, I feel you've a vested interest, but I don't have conviction or the power to influence anything.

Oh, I got that. I was just pointing out that I was using the trust system as intended. I've also just removed negative feedback from one service like I said I would if they could just provide a shred of evidence.

I do have a vested interest, as does der_troll. My interest lies with customers choosing an unquestionably legitimate service. Der_troll's interest lies with customers choosing an almost certain cloud mining ponzi. Also, given that I used the Trust system how it's meant to be used based on the descriptions of the options, his negative feedback complaining about me abusing the trust system is hypocritical. That would be the actual abuse of the system given that I'm not a scammer and he has no reason to suspect me of being a scammer.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:12:04 PM

Copy/paste, why? Because it was all well put by malaimult. What's the point of rewriting it?

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:14:38 PM

this thread is becoming ridiculous.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:16:07 PM

This thread is ... awesome ! It is not ridiculous, it will be helpful for theymos  because I think we will need a new trust system in the *new* forum software.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:24:23 PM

My comment in off topic. Because of this Canary removed me from his trusted list. That post of mine was more a joke then anything serious, if serious then you would be able to find same kind of post in buying/selling accounts threads. As for the "right price", how many users here wouldn't sell it for the right price if they were offered 10-20BTC for their account? Yes there are ones that wouldn't but 95% members would accept this offer...but I'm a bad guy who needs to be removed from Canary default trust because of that comment. And as pointed by member here my password did not change and my account is still mine....

This is just ridiculous where this forum is heading.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:36:54 PM

My comment in off topic. Because of this Canary removed me from his trusted list. That post of mine was more a joke then anything serious, if serious then you would be able to find same kind of post in buying/selling accounts threads. As for the "right price", how many users here wouldn't sell it for the right price if they were offered 10-20BTC for their account? Yes there are ones that wouldn't but 95% members would accept this offer...but I'm a bad guy who needs to be removed from Canary default trust because of that comment. And as pointed by member here my password did not change and my account is still mine....

This is just ridiculous where this forum is heading.

A global mode was offered much higher (>=5x) but he declined. 95% isn't right, you may want to lower it. According to your post, you may sell it if you are offered a good price. So, Canary removed you from DT. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:49:21 PM

Nah, I don't think so.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:30:10 PM

it's fun though..... Amazed at the title change, remove CITM from deault trust..... madness.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:33:25 PM

My comment in off topic. Because of this Canary removed me from his trusted list. That post of mine was more a joke then anything serious, if serious then you would be able to find same kind of post in buying/selling accounts threads. As for the "right price", how many users here wouldn't sell it for the right price if they were offered 10-20BTC for their account? Yes there are ones that wouldn't but 95% members would accept this offer...

No way would i sell my account or 50btc+, i value my reputation and honor more than that, the fact that again you have openly said you would sell your account is valid reason enough for CITM not to trust you. he does not want to trust someone willing to sell their account then that is his prerogative.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: