Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox Euro bank problems  (Read 3220 times)
Grouver (BtcBalance) (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 09:22:44 AM

Removed the [URGENT] tag.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 03:28:52 PM

Same thing with some large German bank. Someone wanted to buy some bitcoins and I told him to send EUR to that Polish account, then his bank told him that they wouldnt know that Polish account. (?!)

I hope MtGox gets a new one soon!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 03:59:52 PM

Removed the [URGENT] tag.  Roll Eyes

Replace it with a [FRAUDSTERS] tag  Wink
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:32:43 PM

SEPA debit transactions cannot be reversed either.

And what happens in the cases were fradulent transactions have taken place ? Will the banks reinstate the unlucky consumer from their own pocket, or will the bank of the orginating transaction make a reversal of the transaction ?

Ie. what happens in real life, when we have a situation like this ? Anyone with experience they'd like to share ?
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:52:32 PM

And what happens in the cases were fradulent transactions have taken place ? Will the banks reinstate the unlucky consumer from their own pocket, or will the bank of the orginating transaction make a reversal of the transaction ?

Ie. what happens in real life, when we have a situation like this ? Anyone with experience they'd like to share ?
They can't be automatically reversed, not even by the bank. The sending bank can ask the receiving bank for their money back. It's probably up to the receiving bank to honor that request or not. I know of one instance where the receiving bank asked the account holder about it, and the account holder convinced the bank that it wasn't fraudulent, so the receiving bank didn't give the money back. The sending bank may have insurance against these cases. The sending bank may then be pissed about it, and maybe won't send money to the receiving bank anymore.

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:07:11 PM

They can't be automatically reversed, not even by the bank. The sending bank can ask the receiving bank for their money back. It's probably up to the receiving bank to honor that request or not. I know of one instance where the receiving bank asked the account holder about it, and the account holder convinced the bank that it wasn't fraudulent, so the receiving bank didn't give the money back. The sending bank may have insurance against these cases. The sending bank may then be pissed about it, and maybe won't send money to the receiving bank anymore.

Thanks for the explanation. I will see if I can find any whitepapers about SEPA to learn more about it.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 08:49:44 AM

Hello,

18 June 2012 I transfered 100 euros to my Mtgox EUR account.
Today I got a letter from my bank wich said that I recently made a transaction of 100 euros to a foreign Polish bank account which has been blocked. The made payment to the blocked account will be transferred back to my account in a short period of time.

Here is the proof:  (in dutch though)

https://i.imgur.com/y4aoI.jpg

I too have had an absolutely miserable time doing SEPA with MtGox.  It simply does not work.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
punin

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 07:28:47 PM

Made a transfer on 29th of june. Still hasn't appeared on my account.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:01:28 PM

Made a transfer on 29th of june. Still hasn't appeared on my account.
Same thing here. Even the same transfer date. And "surprisingly" they aren't answering support ticket messages. Would be nice to know what's causing the delay and some estimate about when the funds should be on my account. Hell, it would be even nice to know that they're still (actively) working on it. "We will check and update you on the status". Bullshit.

How long other forum members have had to wait in a worst-case?
punin

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 08:34:24 AM

I was informed that there was an AML (anti money laundering) issue taking place. I was asked to send scanned copies of my transfer to them?! They're definitely not communicating enough regarding this. It's been 8 days now since my transfer, and I still have no idea where my money is and when is it going to appear on my account.

If they have problems with the authorities, why not state that on their site? Why not warn people not to transfer money, if it will get frozen by the investigation? What are they thinking of achieving by this conduct?

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 05:34:55 PM

Received my funds yesterday - didn't expect that to happen on saturday.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: