Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft does NOT accept Bitcoin! Price downtrend continues  (Read 4868 times)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:14:11 PM

New account trolling bitcoin positive news badly.

This place is going to be a sea of schadenfreude when you lot get caught short. Lambchop will take his haughty unemployed attitude and evaporate into thin air.

I hope you pathetic creatures cash out a few pennies 'trading' this bear market before you get run over by the inevitable approach of the coming steamroller.

Another day, another of the biggest companies in the world giving bitcoin the nod of legitimacy.

No one is trolling about bitcoin news but perma bulls do, i am just telling the truth story behind fake news

Trolls going to troll.
https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/Help/Right?helppagename=CSV_BitcoinHowTo.htm

What you really mean is microsoft are not accepting bitcoin, they accept bitpay/bitpal, one of the central authorities of processing bitcoin transactions for merchants.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:21:42 PM

The target market for Bitcoin use by Microsoft is XBox gamers, many of whom are under 18 years of age.  This demographic doesn't have credit cards.  Bitcoin will become the defacto savings and payment method for this demographic.  Cash doesn't do them any good, as they can't spend it online.  Bitcoin is the answer.

Microsoft has capitalized on something big here.  The under-18 demographic has no way to legally spend fiat online.  Now they can spend Bitcoin.  Soon the under-18 demographic will begin keeping their funds in Bitcoin, as it's trapped in unusable form when left as fiat.  Bitcoin will grow from this.  Add to this the powerful educational effect of indoctrination at an early age, and we have a very bullish long-term effect for Bitcoin.

Interesting, until you think it through:

BTC is not spent directly--it must be added to your MS account.
BTC must be purchased--why would a kid steal mom's credit card to shop for BTC @ circle.com, when he could fund his account directly?
finally, what's wrong with conventional way of doing things?

Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:25:36 PM

The target market for Bitcoin use by Microsoft is XBox gamers, many of whom are under 18 years of age.  This demographic doesn't have credit cards.  Bitcoin will become the defacto savings and payment method for this demographic.  Cash doesn't do them any good, as they can't spend it online.  Bitcoin is the answer.

Microsoft has capitalized on something big here.  The under-18 demographic has no way to legally spend fiat online.  Now they can spend Bitcoin.  Soon the under-18 demographic will begin keeping their funds in Bitcoin, as it's trapped in unusable form when left as fiat.  Bitcoin will grow from this.  Add to this the powerful educational effect of indoctrination at an early age, and we have a very bullish long-term effect for Bitcoin.

BTC must be purchased--why would a kid steal mom's credit card to shop for BTC @ circle.com, when he could fund his account directly?

Your assumption that kids steal their parents credit cards to fund their activities is flawed.  Many kids have cash and don't want to ask their parents every time they wish to spend it online.  A simple trip to a Bitcoin ATM will convert it to a form that can be spent in many places online.  They won't keep it all in a Microsoft account, since that cannot be withdrawn.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:26:22 PM

It pisses me off that it's USA only. Fuck the kids in America (Whoa), try one of the countries where paypal and mastercard don't operate in most households. Also whats wrong with going down the local store and picking up a redeemable voucher for cash, probably easier than going to the ATM machine, buying your BTC at a 5% mark up and then waiting for  confirmations before you can then buy your redeemable digital gift voucher, which can then be used to buy a digital product.
Raystonn

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

It pisses me off that it's USA only. Fuck the kids in America (Whoa), try one of the countries where paypal and mastercard don't operate in most households.

Paypal doesn't accept cash deposits.  Kids can't use paypal or mastercard themselves.  Bitcoin provides a solution.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:30:57 PM

It pisses me off that it's USA only. Fuck the kids in America (Whoa), try one of the countries where paypal and mastercard don't operate in most households.

Microsoft is a US company.  When Somalisoft starts accepting Bitcoin, Somali kids will be first in line.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Microsoft has capitalized on something big here.  The under-18 demographic has no way to legally spend fiat online.  Now they can spend Bitcoin.  Soon the under-18 demographic will begin keeping their funds in Bitcoin, as it's trapped in unusable form when left as fiat.  Bitcoin will grow from this.  Add to this the powerful educational effect of indoctrination at an early age, and we have a very bullish long-term effect for Bitcoin.

Your assumption that kids steal their parents credit cards to fund their activities is flawed.  Many kids have cash and don't want to ask their parents every time they wish to spend it online.  A simple trip to a Bitcoin ATM will convert it to a form that can be spent in many places online.  They won't keep it all in a Microsoft account, since that cannot be withdrawn.

A simple trip to a store would get them a cash card/prepaid CC.  Those can be spent in more places on and offline Smiley  Or, you know, just get xbox card.
Re: "won't keep it all in a Microsoft account, since that cannot be withdrawn":  They have to fund their MS account to use BTC.  That's the only way MS accepts BTC.
Raystonn

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:46:45 PM

Your assumption that kids steal their parents credit cards to fund their activities is flawed.  Many kids have cash and don't want to ask their parents every time they wish to spend it online.  A simple trip to a Bitcoin ATM will convert it to a form that can be spent in many places online.  They won't keep it all in a Microsoft account, since that cannot be withdrawn.

A simple trip to a store would get them a cash card/prepaid CC.  Those can be spent in more places on and offline Smiley  Or, you know, just get xbox card.
Re: "won't keep it all in a Microsoft account, since that cannot be withdrawn":  They have to fund their MS account to use BTC.  That's the only way MS accepts BTC.

That could work for those with cash.  But you can avoid the trip to the store after receiving Bitcoin online if you just use the Bitcoin directly.  That implies the target demographic is truly those who earn Bitcoin, such as through tips or providing online services in exchange for Bitcoin.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:01:43 PM

That could work for those with cash. ...

So we can forget about that Bitcoin ATM, huh?
K.  We've narrowed our target demographic to under-18 gamer kids, without cash, who make Bitcoin online.  That's pretty specific.
How many do you suppose that is?  
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:08:27 PM

That could work for those with cash. ...

So we can forget about that Bitcoin ATM, huh?
K.  We've narrowed our target demographic to under-18 gamer kids, without cash, who make Bitcoin online.  That's pretty specific.
How many do you suppose that is?  
At least 1, as you are paid in bitcoins for trolling.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

No bro, IRL I'm a door-to-door Bitcoin salesman.
I hope I'm not intruding, but have you considered investing in BTCeanie BTCabies I mean Bitcoin?

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:33:32 PM

More good news! It's like a waterfall every week now. I just got off the phone with a guy I know who works there. They are accepting bitcoin for payments!

Good times.  Smiley

EDIT: I'm going to fly out there in the spring for some meetings. Let's push for on-demand movie purchases and skype time. and... What else?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

Microsoft: "You can’t use Bitcoin to purchase Microsoft products and services directly at this time." Microsoft is using Bitcoin for the things that used to be sold for Microsoft Points - in-app purchases, game items, and other junk. Those are low-risk items for Microsoft - they cost little or nothing to make, and have no resale value.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:51:43 PM

Microsoft: "You can’t use Bitcoin to purchase Microsoft products and services directly at this time." Microsoft is using Bitcoin for the things that used to be sold for Microsoft Points - in-app purchases, game items, and other junk. Those are low-risk items for Microsoft - they cost little or nothing to make, and have no resale value.

I love the fact that you failed to buy bitcoin in 2011, failed to get rich despite being on the scene in the early years when bitcoins cost pennies.

To be so spectacularly wrong and still keep posting negative crap about btc when the second biggest company in the world embraces bitcoin shows a particular brand of stupidity like no other.

How much are you dying to say, 'see I told you so!'? Ha.

truetalkci (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:52:37 PM

I love the fact that you failed to buy bitcoin in 2011, failed to get rich despite being on the scene in the early years when bitcoins cost pennies.

To be so spectacularly wrong and still keep posting negative crap about btc when the second biggest company in the world embraces bitcoin shows a particular brand of stupidity like no other.

enjoy your 70% and keep dropping investment!
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:58:40 PM

Pretty sure that won't be his last words on deathbed, I feel sorry for the shorts.

solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Microsoft recently add one more way to accept USD from bitpay company, however many fake news about "it is accepting bitcoin" came out and some of us buy this troll,

The bitcoin price is going to crash even harder after this "delay" caused by fake news same as PayPal made their announcement, you know what happened about the price crash

Microsoft does not accept bitcoin
Microsoft does not hold any bitcoins you pay to bitpay company
Crash incoming!

Chaim pls go, you have more funny money to print...

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:46:21 PM

i got into BTC when years ago it first hit $32.    then i watched it plummet down to around $3 or $4.  so %80 drops are not unusual.  if you have no faith in BTC why are you even here?    is your life so pathetic that you have to try to crap on everyone else's parade with your claims of scam and ponzi scheme?  we don't need your warnings.  we've been through these dips before.  ciao. 
truetalkci (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:10:32 PM

i got into BTC when years ago it first hit $32.    then i watched it plummet down to around $3 or $4.  so %80 drops are not unusual.  if you have no faith in BTC why are you even here?    is your life so pathetic that you have to try to crap on everyone else's parade with your claims of scam and ponzi scheme?  we don't need your warnings.  we've been through these dips before.  ciao.  

history doesn't have to happen again, this time might be the end of bitcoin, ready to lose everything in this periodically dropping market? or
face the reality?
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:29:30 AM

Cheesy  ... really hope your sweet dream comes true
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: