Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine the pop when Amazon finally relents...  (Read 4605 times)
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:27:58 PM

I am excited about Open Bazaar too, but will they have the inventory of items that Amazon has?  And Amazon is what mainstream people use, they will probably not trust OPen Bazaar.

Open Bazaar will have no inventory.  It's a decentralized platform for users to connect p2p and trade with each other.  It's basically a decentralized ebay.  Just as individual users on ebay maintain their own inventory and distribution networks, users on open bazaar will do the same.  The platform is just used for buyers and sellers to connect.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:57:39 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 05:24:49 PM by Tzupy

If I was a criminal, I would prefer to deal in US dollars personally.  There is NO TRAIL, if someone gives you cash.  Ask Ross Ulbricht if Bitcoin is anonymous.

If someone gives you cash, the same fellow may give you some lead. SR and clones made such trades much safer.
And DPR wasn't caught because he used bitcoin, but because he was sloppy. There may come a future when feds track bitcoin to catch dealers, but not yet.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:02:02 PM

I am excited about Open Bazaar too, but will they have the inventory of items that Amazon has?  And Amazon is what mainstream people use, they will probably not trust OPen Bazaar.

Bitcoin is not for mainstream people, but for people who want to evade laws and regulations. It can be used with mainstream online merchants, but this is just a gimmick.

Oh please
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:04:45 PM

I doubt it. Many retailers accept Bitcoin right now and the value is still dropping.

IF anything it will cause BTC to crash because everybody will sell BTC to buy goods on AMAZON

who would have thought, bitcoin acts as money more and more each day.  screw speculation.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:15:04 PM

because no big companies actually accept bitcoin, they are all accepting USD from bitpay/coinbase
it's just this simple

Just because they use Bitpay, doesn't mean they are converting 100% of their bitcoins into USD. Last time I looked, Bitpay gives you the option to convert any fraction, from 0% to 100% into fiat.   I think Overstock is on record for saying they are keeping 10% as bitcoin.

How do you know that other companies aren't doing the same?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:21:21 PM

^
Overstock CEO never claimed to keep 10% of sales, see here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888361.msg9801761#msg9801761
Regarding your not knowing:  You also don't know if other companies aren't investing their profits in BTCeanie BTCabies Undecided
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:24:54 PM

because no big companies actually accept bitcoin, they are all accepting USD from bitpay/coinbase
it's just this simple

Just because they use Bitpay, doesn't mean they are converting 100% of their bitcoins into USD. Last time I looked, Bitpay gives you the option to convert any fraction, from 0% to 100% into fiat.   I think Overstock is on record for saying they are keeping 10% as bitcoin.

How do you know that other companies aren't doing the same?

'BitPay employee here. Around 50% of our merchants actually accept some or all of their settlement in Bitcoin.'

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8733510
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:30:23 PM

If Amazon starts accepting bitcoin, that will trigger a massive rally.  You can buy everything on Amazon.  I email Jeff Bezos twice a week and I suggest all of you do too.

I sent him a list of stuff I bought at Overstock and other places. They were all items he could have profited from if he had accepted BTC. In fact I have not used my Amazon account for almost a year. I would use it if they had something I could not find for bitcoin, but that is becoming very rare now.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

A lot of people still are uncomfortable using their credit cards for online shopping as they should be!!!!  Bitcoin provides the secure transaction that online retail has needed for years.

The people on this forum have the strangest logic. I mean, you honestly think people who have the means to use a credit card, but don't because they're too paranoid, are going to provide their bank account to a third party such as coinbase, or trust someone on localbitcoins? (and that's just to buy them).

And then -- this same person who is scared of credit cards, even though the banks always reimburse cardholders in cases of fraud -- is willing to store all their wealth on their PC or a third party site, where it can be lost to hardware failures or theft or natural disaster?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Maybe falllling was right about you guys lol

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
riiiiising

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:58:12 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 06:09:06 PM by riiiiising

Waiting for Amazon or other huge retailers to accept bitcoin is so 2013. Wake up people... nobody cares anymore about merchant adoption.

Granted, if Amazon were to accept bitcoin, and actually hold bitcoin instead of using third party processors like coinbase or bitpay to offload instantly to USD... then it would be a big deal. But that won't happen. No legitimate business is going to take that risk.

People won't be excited about bitcoin again until the community can come up with a real world usage case for it. What we need is for someone like PokerStars to accept it. See, that would actually make sense, because it would allow American players to evade government banking controls and play online poker again.

What you need to get through your heads is: nobody is going to buy bitcoins to use them on Amazon or Pets.com or whatever! They already have credit cards and they're much easier and beneficial to use!

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
truetalkci

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:05:45 PM

Waiting for Amazon or other huge retailers to accept bitcoin is so 2013. Wake up people... nobody cares anymore about merchant adoption.

Granted, if Amazon were to accept bitcoin, and actually hold bitcoin instead of using third party processors like coinbase or bitpay to offload instantly to USD... then it would be a big deal. But that won't happen. No legitimate business is going to take that risk.

People won't be excited about bitcoin again until the community can come up with a real word usage case for it. What we need is for someone like PokerStars to accept it. See, that would actually make sense, because it would allow American players to evade government banking controls and play online poker again.

What you need to get through your heads is: nobody is going to buy bitcoins to use them on Amazon or Pets.com or whatever! They already have credit cards and they're much easier and beneficial to use!

true story
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:24:17 PM

Bitcoin is not for mainstream people, but for people who want to evade laws and regulations. It can be used with mainstream online merchants, but this is just a gimmick.

Yeah, everyone posting here is atleast a tier 5 don of some international drug or human trafficking cartell.

Back to reality dont you think btc would have easily broken the 10.000$ if that would be the case   Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:34:34 PM

^
Who said anything about cartels?  This forum's mostly the liber lunatic fringe--poor, paranoid, ignorant, daddy issues with the government.

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:40:10 PM

If Amazon starts accepting bitcoin, that will trigger a massive rally.  You can buy everything on Amazon.  I email Jeff Bezos twice a week and I suggest all of you do too.

Microsoft rally was worth a pop from 340 to 360.  Only 6% pop.

Amazon rally might be worth a 15% pop, ie. 340 to 390.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:44:28 PM

I dunno riiiising, It the only thing I care about and measure. And I don't care if they sell them right away, I would not expect a sensible business to expose themselves to naked volatility. They should be processing the payment with BTC but not holding them. If they did and I was a stock holder I would complain.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

I emailed Amazon a couple days ago and got a semi-canned response:

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding Bitcoin as payment method.

We don't accept Bitcoin as a payment method on our website at this time.

We accept credit cards, debit cards, payment from U.S. checking accounts, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Payments Stored Balance, and the Amazon.com Store Card. Here are the credit cards we accept:

-- American Express
-- Diner's Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
-- Discover
-- MasterCard
-- Visa, Visa Electron, and Visa Check Cards
-- Eurocard
-- JCB
-- NYCE
-- STAR
-- China UnionPay (credit card only)

You can learn more about these payment methods on our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=513058

We'll consider your feedback to implement in future plans.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:51:02 PM

Yeah, everyone posting here is atleast a tier 5 don of some international drug or human trafficking cartell.

Back to reality dont you think btc would have easily broken the 10.000$ if that would be the case   Roll Eyes

Why do you think we hit $1,100+ & are still dropping over 90%!! Cartels comes in all forms, all different colors, shapes w/e Don't be so closed minded!
http://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/
riiiiising

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:56:46 PM

I emailed Amazon a couple days ago and got a semi-canned response:

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding Bitcoin as payment method.

We don't accept Bitcoin as a payment method on our website at this time.

We accept credit cards, debit cards, payment from U.S. checking accounts, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Payments Stored Balance, and the Amazon.com Store Card. Here are the credit cards we accept:

-- American Express
-- Diner's Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
-- Discover
-- MasterCard
-- Visa, Visa Electron, and Visa Check Cards
-- Eurocard
-- JCB
-- NYCE
-- STAR
-- China UnionPay (credit card only)

You can learn more about these payment methods on our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=513058

We'll consider your feedback to implement in future plans.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amazon -- who accepts payments from NYCE, STAR, and China UnionPay (whatever the hell they are) -- has considered bitcoin, and still doesn't even see it as worth the time or effort to implement. I think that tells you everything you need to know about the scalability and demand for it.

kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:08:04 AM

It would be huge for Amazon too.  Bitcoin is exactly what Amazon needs to essentially take over retail.  I cant believe they haven't jumped on it yet.

Why would Bitcoin change their position in retail?
Why is Bitcoin exactly what they need to do so?

I can see that Amazon accepting Bitcoin is a step forward for Bitcoin, but Bitcoin changes nothing for Amazon.

The amount of business the BTC economy will bring to Amazon would be a game changer.
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:59:51 AM

People won't be excited about bitcoin again until the community can come up with a real world usage case for it. What we need is for someone like PokerStars to accept it.

Looks like you just may get your wiiiiish.

According to Online Poker Report and other sources, PokerStars, the largest online poker room in the world, is preparing to accept Bitcoin.

Gambling Compliance was the first to report that “PokerStars and major Asian-facing operators are among those pushing for Bitcoin’s acceptance.” Shortly thereafter, sources confirmed to Online Poker Report’s Chris Grove that the global market share leader is in the “advanced stages of developing the internal infrastructure necessary to integrate BTC into the platform.”

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: