Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:54:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine the pop when Amazon finally relents...  (Read 4605 times)
FatherBob

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:21:02 AM

Don't underestimate my knowledge of the basic English language please.

I'm not trying to evaluate, nor do I care about, your mad English skillz.  You simply don't know what an analogy is.  Your typings left me with no other plausible alternative.

And don't start again with "new."  It was new 5 years ago, it's old now.  Bitcoin is too slow for real-time transactions, ruinously expensive (currently way over 10% of its market cap) to maintain, with disastrously conceived block reward scheme, lacking the anonymity essential to its primary demographic, and, after 5 years of development, just starting to kludge its way into becoming crypto 2.0 with sidechains.

@smoothie:  The technology can't be called "new" after 5 years.  Sure, it is currently used & therefore "current."
I used the word "old" in the sense of "not new" rather than "obsolete" or "defunct"--those come later.
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:24:31 AM

Don't underestimate my knowledge of the basic English language please.

I'm not trying to evaluate, nor do I care about, your mad English skillz.  You simply don't know what an analogy is.  Your typings left me with no other plausible alternative.

And don't start again with "new."  It was new 5 years ago, it's old now.  Bitcoin is too slow for real-time transactions, ruinously expensive (currently way over 10% of its market cap) to maintain, with disastrously conceived block reward scheme, lacking the anonymity essential to its primary demographic, and, after 5 years of development, just starting to kludge its way into becoming crypto 2.0 with sidechains.

@smoothie:  The technology can't be called "new" after 5 years.  Sure, it is currently used & therefore "current."
I used the word "old" in the sense of "not new" rather than "obsolete" or "defunct"--those come later.

You've logged into the wrong socko account, "FatherBob".
FatherBob

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:29:21 AM

You've logged into the wrong socko account, "FatherBob".

You cursed brat!  Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:58:05 AM

Alibaba, Amazon, ebay, Apple, etc would be big.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

I already spotted fatherbob was a trollchop alt and ignored him yesterday.

I suppose trollchop knows his account is near a ban threshold!
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 05:48:18 AM

Yea....... A big drop! LMFAO! Imagine when your beloved bitcoin drops down in price all year... Oh wait, that's already happening!
JimDowJones

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:57:12 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 12:23:01 AM by JimDowJones

Re: Imagine the pop when Amazon finally is replaced by a DAC with bitcoin as its reserve currency....
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:42:54 PM

I already spotted fatherbob was a trollchop alt and ignored him yesterday.

I suppose trollchop knows his account is near a ban threshold!

Alt accounts are approved by this forum, it's the Bitcoin way.  Everyone who's anyone here has one. 
You must have purchased your senior account--you sound new.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:34:20 PM

Yea....... A big drop! LMFAO! Imagine when your beloved bitcoin drops down in price all year... Oh wait, that's already happening!
What's your point? The immediate price isn't as important in these situation. The effect of adoption in the long run my major corporations will increase the demand and use for a limited supply object. I hope they pay you well to keep spreading sh1t all over this forum. Someone who uses so much energy to talk down Bitcoin either has absolutely no life (I'm sorry if you don't), or deep down inside believe in Bitcoin, but just want to take advantage of a market correction from a spike in price and try to get people to keep selling, so you can short. You will get burned one day.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

^Impossible for me to get burned since my initial investment is already withdrawn & I keep making ROI everyweek!
You idiots can keep buying! This ensures I can continue to safely cash out my investment!!! Thanks!!!

You idiots are falling for the same things that make Michael Jordan shoes expensive... or rather lets go with the beanie baby example
It's sad you guys fall for the same scam your entire life!!! When will you learn?!
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:25:04 PM

The strangest things happen with the Bitcoin market. The phenomenon is that with adoption does not come increases in price and if there is an increase in price it is often shortlived.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:02:45 PM

I'd like to see a youtube tip integration with or like changetip for bitcoin as much as amazon.  Works so much better to micro tip people versus thumbs up, perhaps youtube could make a thumbs up to = a tip option.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

I'd like to see a youtube tip integration with or like changetip for bitcoin as much as amazon.  Works so much better to micro tip people versus thumbs up, perhaps youtube could make a thumbs up to = a tip option.

Do you mean something like changetip Tongue.

https://www.changetip.com/how-to-send-tips/ lists youtube as a supported site.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

A lot of people still are uncomfortable using their credit cards for online shopping as they should be!!!!  Bitcoin provides the secure transaction that online retail has needed for years.
Dude believe me when I say Microsoft has been one of our biggest aliest yet. Ive noticed a lot of friends noticing bitcoin today. Cant wait when amazon jumps in.
Arv1e

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:59:00 PM

I doubt it. Many retailers accept Bitcoin right now and the value is still dropping.

IF anything it will cause BTC to crash because everybody will sell BTC to buy goods on AMAZON

Please, there are two reasons to own Bitcoin

1 To spend

2 To invest in looking for growth.

So if every merchant accpeted Bitcoin tomorrow it would have zero affect on 'investment' bitcoin.

why would anyone convert their FIAT into BTC to spend... They wouldnt at present.

So only people receiving BTC will spend it.. This is exponential but a slow process HOWEVER its not all doom and gloom because it doesnt take much activity for the price to rise...

When this hapens the "Investors" dump their FIAT in looking for High growth and it is THIS action which will suddenly elevate the price...

Most on here are either investors or short term traders.. Very few are converting their FIAT into BTC and then spending it!!!

DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:02:37 AM

The reason retailers like Bitcoin is because they can avoid fraud. Bitcoin has an advantage vs credit card in that there cannot be a chargeback.

Merchants benefit quite a bit from this and will prefer to receive funds in Bitcoin which they dump immediately to FIAT anyways. We can expect various other retailers to start accepting Bitcoin.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:44:12 PM

Do you mean something like changetip Tongue.

https://www.changetip.com/how-to-send-tips/ lists youtube as a supported site.

No i know changetip has youtube capability but without the authenticity of coming from the host site most people are dubious about clicking the tip link.  Maybe this will change as changetip gets more recognized but even bitcoin itself is still viewed by a certain % of main streamers who know about it as a little dodgy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: