Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with website translation validation - Peercoin.net  (Read 2371 times)
GLock (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:09:00 PM

Hi everyone, sorry to speak in english in your Portuguese forum but I am here for some help from native Portuguese speakers.

I am part of the Peercoin community and I am seeking help validating translations for our peercoin.net website.

I need  to check that this few randomly selected paragraph; translated from our fellow Peercoin portuguese translator are correct and clearly understandable for native Portuguese speakers. It is a routine check to ensure the quality of the translations.

I would like if you could just quote each paragraph and if correct for you just write under it VALID if clearly understandable for you.
I will write the Portuguese translation followed by the english original text.

A tip of 5 PPC will be donated to the first one that will reply to this post for the validation.

Number 1

Peercoin é a única e verdadeira moeda alternativa. Apesar do seu código ser baseado na Bitcoin, Peercoin é a primeira moeda a introduzir a Prova de Propriedade com o intuito de controlar a rede. A Prova de Trabalho também é utilizada na Peercoon, com o objectivo de promover a justa repartição de moedas, embora não seja necessária para controlar a rede.

Peercoin is one of the truly unique alternative coins. Although its code is based on Bitcoin, Peercoin is the first coin to introduce Proof of Stake to secure the network. Proof of Work is also used in Peercoin, to promote fair coin distribution, but is not necessary for the security of the network.

Number 2

A maior parte das criptomoedas requer hardware especializado, mas para criar peercoins só precisa de um computador. A criação é eficiente a nível energético, pois é feita com base nas peercoins que detém, em vez da capacidade de processamento que tem disponível.

Most cryptocoin mining requires specialized hardware, but Peercoin minting can be done on any computer. Minting is energy-efficient, because it is based on the Peercoins you hold, rather than on your processing power.

Number 3

Tome posse das suas peercoins, enviando-as para uma morada gerada pela carteira, protegendo assim caso a Bolsa encerre com as suas moedas.

Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors while your money is inside.

Thank you, GLock
Googlulinks
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

O problema não é a tradução, mas a moeda em si. Gostaria de saber se isso realmente existe, pois até hoje não consegui nenhuma fração de peercoin com stake. Minhas peercoins nunca ficam "maduras"... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Googlulinks
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:10:06 PM

Quanto a tradução, parece que está ok...
GLock (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:34:22 AM

O problema não é a tradução, mas a moeda em si. Gostaria de saber se isso realmente existe, pois até hoje não consegui nenhuma fração de peercoin com stake. Minhas peercoins nunca ficam "maduras"... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

thank you for your feedback! could you please reply in english, unfortunately I am not a portuguese speaker Smiley
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:24:20 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 11:04:24 AM by raganius

Hi everyone, sorry to speak in english in your Portuguese forum but I am here for some help from native Portuguese speakers.

I am part of the Peercoin community and I am seeking help validating translations for our peercoin.net website.

I need  to check that this few randomly selected paragraph; translated from our fellow Peercoin portuguese translator are correct and clearly understandable for native Portuguese speakers. It is a routine check to ensure the quality of the translations.

I would like if you could just quote each paragraph and if correct for you just write under it VALID if clearly understandable for you.

A tip of 5 PPC will be donated to the first one that will reply to this post for the validation.

IMO, the translations are fine. I would only do it a little differently for the "Number 1" because it alters a little the original message:

Peercoin é uma das moedas alternativas verdadeiramente únicas. Apesar do seu código ser baseado na Bitcoin, Peercoin é a primeira moeda a introduzir a Prova de Propriedade com o intuito de dar segurança a rede. A Prova de Trabalho também é utilizada na Peercoon, com o objectivo de promover a justa repartição de moedas, embora não seja necessária para a segurança da rede.

Peercoin is one of the truly unique alternative coins. Although its code is based on Bitcoin, Peercoin is the first coin to introduce Proof of Stake to secure the network. Proof of Work is also used in Peercoin, to promote fair coin distribution, but is not necessary for the security of the network.

(While: "Peercoin é a única e verdadeira moeda alternativa" translates as: "Peercoin is the only, and true, alternative coin")

I would also not translate the (technical) expressions "Proof of Stake" and "Proof of Work", because there's no need: they are technical and recognised (but I am a Brazilian Portuguese speaker, and the translator seems to be an European Portuguese speaker, and I believe in Portugal the use of foreign expressions are not as accepted as they are in Brazil).

You're welcome Smiley

EbonHawk

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:47:17 AM

My suggetions:

Number 2

A maior parte das criptomoedas requer hardware especializado, mas para criar peercoins só precisa de um computador. A criação é eficiente a nível energético, pois é feita com base nas peercoins que detém, em vez da capacidade de processamento que tem disponível.

Most cryptocoin mining requires specialized hardware, but Peercoin minting can be done on any computer. Minting is energy-efficient, because it is based on the Peercoins you hold, rather than on your processing power.

Suggestion for number 2:

A maior parte das criptomoedas requer hardware especializado para serem mineradas, mas o processo de cunhagem (minting) pode ser feito em qualquer computador. O minting de peercoins é um processo sustentável no que se refere ao consumo de energia elétrica, pois é feito com base nas peercoins que você possui, ao invés da capacidade de processamento de seu computador.

Number 3

Tome posse das suas peercoins, enviando-as para uma morada gerada pela carteira, protegendo assim caso a Bolsa encerre com as suas moedas.

Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors while your money is inside.

Suggestion for number 3:

Tome posse de suas peercoins enviando-as para um endereço gerado pela carteira, isso irá protegê-lo de um eventual transtorno; por exemplo, perder um depósito de moedas por conta do fechamento de uma exchange.

Smiley

"Se você não achar uma forma de ganhar dinheiro enquanto dorme, você vai trabalhar até morrer" - Warren Buffett
GLock (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:52:08 PM

Thank you very much for your suggestions raganius and EbonHawk, could you please PM me for an explanation on how to collect your tip?

Can I ask you to give me an hand once again to validate our whitepaper translation?

As before I need  to check that this few randomly selected paragraph; translated from our fellow Peercoin portuguese translator are correct and clearly understandable for native Portuguese speakers. It is a routine check to ensure the quality of the translations.

Number 1

Descobrimos de forma independente ambos os conceitos (Proof-Of-Stake e idade da moeda) em Outubro de 2011, altura em que nos apercebemos que o proof-of-stake pode substituir a maioria das funções de proof-of-work, com um redesenho mais aperfeiçoado da criação e modelo de segurança da Bitcoin.

We independently discovered the concept of proof-of-stake and the concept of coin age in October 2011, whereby we realized that proof-of-stake can indeed replace most proof-of-work’s functions with careful redesign of Bitcoin’s minting and security model.

Number 2

No nosso desenho, os objetos do hash de proof-of-work e proof-of-stake são ajustados constantemente, ao invés do que ocorre na Bitcoin, que acontece a cada duas semanas, por forma a evitar alterações bruscas da taxa de geração na rede.

In our design both proof-of-work hash target and proof-of-stake hash target are adjusted continuously rather than Bitcoin’s two-week adjustment interval, to avoid sudden jump in network generation rate.

Number 3

Um novo processo de criação de moeda é introduzido pelos blocos proof-of-stake para além dos blocos de criação de moeda proof-of-work da Bitcoin. O bloco proof-of-stake cria moedas com base na idade da moeda consumidas na transação de coinstake. A criação de moeda à taxa de 1 cêntimo da moeda por ano-moeda consumida é escolhida para dar origem a uma baixa taxa de inflação no futuro.

A new minting process is introduced for proof-of stake blocks in addition to Bitcoin’s proof-of-work minting. Proof-of-stake block mints coins based on the consumed coin agein the coinstake transaction. A mint rate of 1 cent per coin-year consumed is chosen to give rise to a low future inflation rate.

Thank you, again GLock! Smiley
raganius

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:50:43 AM

Hey there,

In my opinion the translations brought in these sample paragraphs are great and clearly understandable for me as a Portuguese speaker.

Number 1

Descobrimos de forma independente ambos os conceitos (Proof-Of-Stake e idade da moeda) em Outubro de 2011, altura em que nos apercebemos que o proof-of-stake pode substituir a maioria das funções de proof-of-work, com um redesenho mais aperfeiçoado da criação e modelo de segurança da Bitcoin.

We independently discovered the concept of proof-of-stake and the concept of coin age in October 2011, whereby we realized that proof-of-stake can indeed replace most proof-of-work’s functions with careful redesign of Bitcoin’s minting and security model.

VALID

Number 2

No nosso desenho, os objetos do hash de proof-of-work e proof-of-stake são ajustados constantemente, ao invés do que ocorre na Bitcoin, que acontece a cada duas semanas, por forma a evitar alterações bruscas da taxa de geração na rede.

In our design both proof-of-work hash target and proof-of-stake hash target are adjusted continuously rather than Bitcoin’s two-week adjustment interval, to avoid sudden jump in network generation rate.

VALID

Number 3

Um novo processo de criação de moeda é introduzido pelos blocos proof-of-stake para além dos blocos de criação de moeda proof-of-work da Bitcoin. O bloco proof-of-stake cria moedas com base na idade da moeda consumidas na transação de coinstake. A criação de moeda à taxa de 1 cêntimo da moeda por ano-moeda consumida é escolhida para dar origem a uma baixa taxa de inflação no futuro.

A new minting process is introduced for proof-of stake blocks in addition to Bitcoin’s proof-of-work minting. Proof-of-stake block mints coins based on the consumed coin agein the coinstake transaction. A mint rate of 1 cent per coin-year consumed is chosen to give rise to a low future inflation rate.

VALID

Cheers.

GLock (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:52:01 PM

Raganius, thank you once again for your help
raganius

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:32:19 AM

Raganius, thank you once again for your help

You're welcome, GLock,

Here is my PPCoin address for the tip: PCm9ZCgVzVRjoUodsyJfkxN7bFGx2n5vdK

Hi raganius, thank you for your help!

To receive your tip you have to register to our project website on peer4commit. Just follows these simple steps to get rewarded:

1) go to http://peer4commit.com/users/sign_up and sign up
2) after login go to this page http://peer4commit.com/users/edit
3) note your identifier

Please reply with your identifier on this post

As required, here is my identifier: TDT36r3GMfXf

Thank you.

GLock (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:13:59 PM

As required, here is my identifier: TDT36r3GMfXf