Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal.com | very old cryptocurrency | discussion thread (moved from alt cryptos)  (Read 1443 times)
Blazr (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:27:52 PM

This thread will serve as a discussion thread for PayPal.com - an alternative cryptocurrency (altcoin).

Paypal is a service that uses cryptography (SSL) to authenticate payments of many different fiat currencies. It is one of the oldest altcoins around.

All PayPal.com discussion may go here.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:35:21 PM

No its not.... please go away with your nonsense

No PayPal is most definitely a cryptocurrency. Please explain why I am wrong.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

You are long enough on bitcointalk to know that to earn the name Cryptocurrency, you will need you to get a decentral way which can't be shutoff or destroyed with one mouse click.

So please take your Paypal and stick it up your arse.

But Ripple is centralized (distributed) so if as you say cryptocurrencies need to be decentralized, how come Ripple is a cryptocurrency? Smiley

And how about some altcoins such as inncoin which has a central issuing authority becuase it is backed by gold? how come that is a cryptocurrency?

Lastly, BitcoinEXpress can 51% attack many altcoins with one click, temporarily shutting them down, and he/she has done so many times in the past.

The word "cryptocurrency" means a currency that uses cryptography. Has nothing to do with decentralization, Satoshi was quite clear that Bitcoin was a "decentralized cryptocurrency".

I'm just making a point, PayPal is a cryptocurrency.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:01:22 PM

Ripple is not a cryptocurrency its a payment protocol. Don't just believe any newbie in here just because he has a big number underneath his avatar, they are all just here for cash and thats it.

What are you talking about? Ripple has its own currency, XRP.

And I most definitely am not a "newbie". I am just making a point.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:07:16 PM

Ripple (payment protocol)
Ripple is a payment system, currency exchange and remittance network by Ripple Labs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_%28payment_protocol%29

They them self even tell this to people, its just greedy pumpers are trying to fool people and telling them lies.

From that same page:

XRP

XRP is the native currency of the Ripple network. It only exists within the Ripple system. XRP are currently divisible to 6 decimal places. The smallest unit is called a drop with 1 million drops equaling 1 XRP.[27] The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs.

XRP is a currency issued by a central authority, Ripple Labs. It is a cryptocurrency and it is not decentralized, similar to PayPal.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:11:37 PM

XRP are just token nothing more, You can call "rocks" or useless paper also currency if you like.

If they want they can create even more XRP this is what you guys don't understand  there is no marketcap.

You're right, they can. But this thread isn't about Ripple, it is about PayPal.com, so stay on topic please.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:18:22 PM

Yes and like Paypal they are thief's and lairs.. so you support them ?

These guys that fight against people freedom ? Who have frozen multiple accounts of journalist and donation transfer to people who do real work ?
If this the case here, then i really advice you to go to Ripple Forum because these guys like to see giving full control to a group or one person.

No actually I don't like PayPal, some older members here will know I was sued by PayPal/eBay for $30,000. Just because I want to discuss something doesn't mean I particularly like it.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:21:01 PM

They can sue me every time they want... if its that what you are saying.

Wow. The altcoin section is weird. You seem to think I'm a Ripple and PayPal shill just because I talked about them.

SHA255

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:26:04 PM

Paypal is a service that uses cryptography (SSL) to authenticate payments of many different fiat currencies. It is one of the oldest altcoins around.

Okay so paypal uses cryptography, what now? lol I think we were all well aware of this mister
Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:27:09 PM

Okay so paypal uses cryptography, what now? lol I think we were all well aware of this mister

I didn't see any theads discussing this altcoin, so I decided to make one since it is very popular.

SHA255

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:32:17 PM

I didn't see any theads discussing this altcoin, so I decided to make one since it is very popular.

I hear ya

Probably the worlds most scammy altcoin too LOOL. at least our devs can't freeze our funds whenever they feel like
Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

I hear ya

Probably the worlds most scammy altcoin too LOOL. at least our devs can't freeze our funds whenever they feel like

Well, there have been altcoin devs which have put trojans, such as wallet stealers and keyloggers into their altcoins, allowing the dev's to straight up take the funds and also take anything else they can access from your PC.

Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

So you are saying that Bitcoin has a Trojaner and Keylogger embedded in the wallet ?

Umm.... no, I have not found a Trojan in Bitcoin Core or any other bitcoin client. I have found them in some other altcoin clients though.

hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:44:56 PM

[deleted mistaken off-topic post]

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

No. XRP cannot be frozen and has no counterparty.  

He was talking about the PayPal.com altcoin.

Freezing accounts for a max of 6 months in cases where they suspect money laundering is required by regulation. (at least in the EU)

hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:47:24 PM

No. XRP cannot be frozen and has no counterparty.  

He was talking about the PayPal.com altcoin.

My mistake, apologies.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:50:11 PM

PayPal is not a coin but an IOU

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Blazr (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:53:21 PM

PayPal is not a coin but an IOU

A currency is something that is used as a medium of exchange. It can be anything, even IOU's. Animal furs were once used as a medium exchange. PayPal funds are often used as a medium of exchange, thus they are currency.

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:07:20 PM

OP is high.
Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:53:19 AM

I actually haven't seen anything funnier in awhile

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: