Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOCKCHAIN.INFO  (Read 2193 times)
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:15:52 AM

Please tell me its not so....

Surely blockchain and friends must figure out a way to repay us similar to the same way sr2 did...

lost about 0.36 coin all mining funds on blockchain.com.... bummer...

whats the solution blockchain? I'm sure you people are busy and I did email you. Please for the love of satoshi lets get a repay plan going
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HrN

Activity: 339

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:32:04 AM

Surely blockchain and friends must figure out a way to repay us similar to the same way sr2 did...

whats the solution blockchain? I'm sure you people are busy and I did email you. Please for the love of satoshi lets get a repay plan going
Hm... I lost 2.2 BTC 1 week ago with blockchain. I don't know how.

.()_().
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:19:16 AM

Hm... I lost 2.2 BTC 1 week ago with blockchain. I don't know how.

did you contact them what happened?

@otherguy yes we lost funds on blockchain.info wallet. And has anyone seen blockchain.com? its like a shady .info clone.. i got confused and didnt know who was real blockchain or if both were for a minute wth?

blockchain.info

blockchain.com (lol)
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:39:00 AM

OP should provide more prove about why blockchain.info is responsible for his loss. Was it due to malware?

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:42:25 AM

Did you create an account, or sent a transaction on Dec 8th? There was a flaw that day which left private keys compromised everytime the address was used.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:06:39 AM

Did you create an account, or sent a transaction on Dec 8th? There was a flaw that day which left private keys compromised everytime the address was used.
I made a lot of transactions that day, but my wallet is still safe. Can you please link to any article that can provide some concrete info on this issue?

@Op as far as I know blockchain.info is a legitimate site and they also do not require you to store your private key with them. If you want you can export ypur wallet, delete it from the site and use on your computer. You can also put a watch only address on blockchain and store the private key on your pc. These guys give so many options to you to keep your funds safe so i dont think that they'll run away with your money.
goosoodude

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:12:57 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 11:57:38 AM by goosoodude

I made a lot of transactions that day, but my wallet is still safe. Can you please link to any article that can provide some concrete info on this issue?

If that is the case you should have got a mail from Blcokchain.info

If your coins were lost due to that they are very likely in the hands of Blockchain, and they have stated they will refund anybody who lost due to the hack.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:14:54 AM

If that is the case you should have got a mail from Blcokchain.info

If yuor coins were lost due to that they are very likely in the hands of Blockchain, and they have stated they will refund anybody who lost due to the hack.
I remember an article too, that for 2 hours, there were some issues, and someone lost over 20 coins, but as refunded by them.

goosoodude

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:02:07 PM

Can you please link to any article that can provide some concrete info on this issue?

Check to see if your address is in the list.

Hello,

there were a large bunch of new broken addresses today (several 100s in one day).  I took the liberty of saving some funds before they got swiped by others.  If you can convince me that they belong to you (signing a message with the address is obviously not enough; the private key is already known),  I will send the funds back.

Look into the file http://johoe.mooo.com/bitcoin/broken.txt, to see whether your address was broken.

If it is there youre in luck and Blockchain will refund you fully.

yenzae0215

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:14:27 PM

is this because of the email from that came from the blockchain.info(based on the title of the email) that your account was closing? and if you clicked the link there you will redirected to a website that looks like blockchain and will ask you to put your identifier and password? Huh

Banned**
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

still waiting for replys from blockchain.....

got a reply from "jade"

"Hello,

I'd like to look into this matter for you further, but first I'll need a little more information. Can you send me a screenshot of the error message? What is the bitcoin address contained in your wallet that may be causing the issue? Any other related additional details you can provide may prove useful. Thanks."

Sent all screens in except the screen where it flashes security error. Unable to capture screen for unkown reasons.

going to wait until monday evening to email them again since it's the weekend............
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:33:41 PM

is this because of the email from that came from the blockchain.info(based on the title of the email) that your account was closing? and if you clicked the link there you will redirected to a website that looks like blockchain and will ask you to put your identifier and password? Huh

i didnt get an email at all from blockchain which is kinda crazy if theres a sec situation but okay..

regardless does anyone have a good method to do offline bitcoin wallet?

This method seems okay.... If you burn the computer you did the process on. In theory even though there are airgaps in this guys method. At least to me it seems that if the terminal you did the wallet on EVER touches the network again that it has now been compromised.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_secure_offline_savings_wallet

caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:38:43 PM

There is also a thread on here, by a user who posted about the potential flaw on Blockchain.
Might be worth checking, if your address in on the list.

waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:45:07 AM

so blockchain isn't that really safe -_-

Coz I cant download the wallet it just takes too much space in my computer.
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:30:46 AM

well i still havent heard anything from them today. It will be a amaizing if i get these lost funds back.. It is friday though so who really knows. Time to just play the waiting game. Pretty sure we are all familar with that. Cheesy
Levitron

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:23:50 AM

so blockchain isn't that really safe -_-

Coz I cant download the wallet it just takes too much space in my computer.

Then why dont you download the light version wallets?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 12:32:36 PM

blockchain.info is very safe but only keep pocket change in your hot wallet. for greater sums use:

http://www.coindesk.com/ledger-launches-usb-bitcoin-wallet-bank-grade-security/

you also need a good antivirus and antimaleware.

goosoodude

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:41:15 PM

well i still havent heard anything from them today. It will be a amaizing if i get these lost funds back.. It is friday though so who really knows. Time to just play the waiting game. Pretty sure we are all familar with that. Cheesy

Did you check and see if your wallet was on the list of broken addresses?

ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

best way to sec btc is air gap procedure then burn the comp u airgap on or NEVER let it touch the network again
leesin

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

#feelthebern

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:15:38 AM

if you went to .com then thats not really blochchain. but imma assume its the .info

as for some people mentioning its secure, im not so sure.. i found this thread having a lot of peoples btc missing only w. blockchain info wallets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nkias/this_is_a_list_of_rbitcoin_users_who_had_their/

thats a whole list, and they all had their 2fa up, and everything.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: