Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:21:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Criptoe.Com Physical Coin thread  (Read 6347 times)
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:28:16 PM

If needed, I can post a video of how I do it when I get home tonight.

Would be nice  Smiley Also the two-factor key, how that can be done.

Thanks for the great coins! They look fantastic.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

If needed, I can post a video of how I do it when I get home tonight.

Would be nice  Smiley Also the two-factor key, how that can be done.

Thanks for the great coins! They look fantastic.

I'll work on the video as soon as I get home.

As far as the two-factor key goes, I just mean using any security measure that allows you to not have to store the private key with the wallet address.  That could be a brain wallet mnemonic, or an encrypted key, or even a split key pair(half the key with the coin, and the other half in a secure location).  It's an added level of security to the cold storage options.

Additionally, it looks like cryptolife has changed recently.  You can create a keypair at https://walletgenerator.net/ as well.  You can also do it via the wallet console.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:18:25 PM

I'll work on the video as soon as I get home.

Take your time. No hurry  Wink
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

Recieved my coin today, very pleased!

biscayne

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:02:02 PM

Fuse, good to see you moved to PrestaShop.
If you're interested in in cryptocurrency module for PrestaShop let me know by PM.
Rgds,
biscayne

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

A few questions about private key's. I generated a public walletaddress and a private key on guldencoinpage of https://walletgenerator.net/ as a test.

When I want to use the private key is that acting like a normal walletaddress and acting for sending coins from the public address? It has way more numbers than the normal addresses. And how to import it in the windows client. Maybe silly questions, never worked with private keys  Grin

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:14:28 AM

A few questions about private key's. I generated a public walletaddress and a private key on guldencoinpage of https://walletgenerator.net/ as a test.

When I want to use the private key is that acting like a normal walletaddress and acting for sending coins from the public address? It has way more numbers than the normal addresses. And how to import it in the windows client. Maybe silly questions, never worked with private keys  Grin

Each address you generate has a public address and a private key.  The private key is what is used to import the public address into the wallet program.

I would recommend doing this on another computer or using a live linux CD.  You don't want to muck up your main wallet with additional addresses.  Additionally, in terms of security, it's better to do this on a system that can't be comprised.  When you open the wallet, you click on help->console.  In the console you type the following:

importprivkey [the private key] [wallet label]

For instance, this would be an example:

importprivkey 6a7pr11YST2obTrYe7kY2TTURuaQUKBFXwoCbWECBmfmejVDbZT MyCoinWallet

That will add that wallet and allow you to check the funds or spend them.  However, you don't need to load the key into the wallet program to add funds to the wallet.  You can generate an key pair, then send the coins to the public key.  However, I would recommend practicing with generating and adding keys to a wallet first.  One day you'll probably want to be able to pull the coins out or sell them, so you'll want to be able to get to them in the wallet program.  If you ever lose the private key, you can't access the wallet, and those coins will be lost on the chain.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:22:17 AM

Each address you generate has a public address and a private key.  The private key is what is used to import the public address into the wallet program.

I would recommend doing this on another computer or using a live linux CD.  You don't want to muck up your main wallet with additional addresses.  Additionally, in terms of security, it's better to do this on a system that can't be comprised.  When you open the wallet, you click on help->console.  In the console you type the following:

importprivkey [the private key] [wallet label]

For instance, this would be an example:

importprivkey 6a7pr11YST2obTrYe7kY2TTURuaQUKBFXwoCbWECBmfmejVDbZT MyCoinWallet

That will add that wallet and allow you to check the funds or spend them.  However, you don't need to load the key into the wallet program to add funds to the wallet.  You can generate an key pair, then send the coins to the public key.  However, I would recommend practicing with generating and adding keys to a wallet first.  One day you'll probably want to be able to pull the coins out or sell them, so you'll want to be able to get to them in the wallet program.  If you ever lose the private key, you can't access the wallet, and those coins will be lost on the chain.

-Fuse

Thanks for explaining this. Learned something new here.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:10:33 AM

Thanks for explaining this. Learned something new here.

No problem, mate.  I'm glad I could help.

I wasn't able to complete the hologram video tonight.  The night just got away from me with the baby.  I will bring a coin to work tomorrow and see if I can't do it there.  I have better camera hardware/software there anyway.  I'm sorry, mate.

Fuse, good to see you moved to PrestaShop.
If you're interested in in cryptocurrency module for PrestaShop let me know by PM.
Rgds,
biscayne

PM incoming.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:45:15 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew the exact scaling when printing the QR code for the physical guldencoin by criptoe? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Could save me a ton of paper Grin

bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:11:24 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew the exact scaling when printing the QR code for the physical guldencoin by criptoe? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Could save me a ton of paper Grin

same here
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:43:25 PM

Would be nice to see a how-to video as Fuse suggested a few days ago. Also good for later buyers of the coin and info in the shop.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:51:03 PM

Would be nice to see a how-to video as Fuse suggested a few days ago. Also good for later buyers of the coin and info in the shop.

I know, mate... I've been slacking on this.  I'm sorry.  The whole family has been sick for the last few days, so I haven't had a chance to put aside some time to do it.  I'll try today, though.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

I know, mate... I've been slacking on this.  I'm sorry.  The whole family has been sick for the last few days, so I haven't had a chance to put aside some time to do it.  I'll try today, though.

-Fuse

Take your time, family first. No hurry for this. Great if you want to do this next couple of days or so.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:02:13 PM

I know, mate... I've been slacking on this.  I'm sorry.  The whole family has been sick for the last few days, so I haven't had a chance to put aside some time to do it.  I'll try today, though.

-Fuse

Take your time, family first. No hurry for this. Great if you want to do this next couple of days or so.

I just can't seem to manage to get the QR so small to fit, office, paint and others won't let me srink it enough Sad, anyone any tips?

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:06:18 PM

I just can't seem to manage to get the QR so small to fit, office, paint and others won't let me srink it enough Sad, anyone any tips?

I used Adobe Illustrator when I created the QR code wallets.  I was able to scale the image down without much loss of quality.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:45:53 AM

So I really want to apologize for my extreme procrastination on the hologram video.  I know I said I would get it done, but I've been swamped with life right now.  Between the baby, the whole family being sick now, the crypto project I'm currently running behind on, and numerous projects at work... I have just not been able to get to it.  I just can't find the time in the day.  In fact, I'm writing this as I'm in the middle of cooking dinner right now.

That being said, the one thing I have more than time right now is NLG.  So...

I am offering your choice of either 100,000NLG or 3 physical Criptoe Series 1 coins(consecutive numbers of my chosing) as a bounty for anyone that can make a short, decent looking DIY video for the whole coin loading process.

The video must contain the following 3 crucial pieces of information:

• Creating the wallet key pair using either an online paper wallet creation program, or the a coin wallet, and printing the paper wallet.
  • Attaching the paper wallet to the physical coin using the hologram sticker.
  • Loading the wallet and checking it's balance.
  • Bonus: If you can do the video voice-over in Dutch and subtitle it in English, I'll include an added bounty.

If you're interested in doing this video, PM me and let me know how long it will take.  Obviously, the sooner the better.  It doesn't need to be an IMAX cinema experience, but please no shaky cell phone videos either.

Cheers,

Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:57:05 AM

So I really want to apologize for my extreme procrastination on the hologram video.  I know I said I would get it done, but I've been swamped with life right now.  Between the baby, the whole family being sick now, the crypto project I'm currently running behind on, and numerous projects at work... I have just not been able to get to it.  I just can't find the time in the day.  In fact, I'm writing this as I'm in the middle of cooking dinner right now.

That being said, the one thing I have more than time right now is NLG.  So...

I am offering your choice of either 100,000NLG or 3 physical Criptoe Series 1 coins(consecutive numbers of my chosing) as a bounty for anyone that can make a short, decent looking DIY video for the whole coin loading process.

The video must contain the following 3 crucial pieces of information:

• Creating the wallet key pair using either an online paper wallet creation program, or the a coin wallet, and printing the paper wallet.
  • Attaching the paper wallet to the physical coin using the hologram sticker.
  • Loading the wallet and checking it's balance.
  • Bonus: If you can do the video voice-over in Dutch and subtitle it in English, I'll include an added bounty.

If you're interested in doing this video, PM me and let me know how long it will take.  Obviously, the sooner the better.  It doesn't need to be an IMAX cinema experience, but please no shaky cell phone videos either.

Cheers,

Fuse

Have no video skills, but a good Dutch voice Wink, was wondering where Coin #85 is at. Should be arriving soon Smiley. I just can't seem to get the QR-code small enough to fit in the coin. Also the folding of the private key is a bit difficult, it gets thicker then the ingraving, so I have a little bump on my coin, so still strugling Smiley

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:03:27 PM

Have no video skills, but a good Dutch voice Wink, was wondering where Coin #85 is at. Should be arriving soon Smiley. I just can't seem to get the QR-code small enough to fit in the coin. Also the folding of the private key is a bit difficult, it gets thicker then the ingraving, so I have a little bump on my coin, so still strugling Smiley

The last shipment, including coin 085, should be making it to LTEX soon.  I have spoken with him, and I will be sending the remaining coins to him in one bulk package to save on the shipping time.  I originally didn't want to do this, but I'm thinking it's foolish not to now.  People want their coins!

As far as the paper wallet goes, I found a 12.7mm x 38.1mm piece of standard printer paper works perfectly for the indent when folded in thirds.  If you use a fingernail or similar to press the folds down to make them "sharper" it helps keep the thickness of the paper at a minimum.

With regards to the QR code, I used the web service http://www.qrcodify.com/ to generate the QR code.  They will let you select a 0.5" QR code size, and then download the file.  I  opened that file in Illustrator and added it to the paper wallet layout that I made.  Small scaling was required to get it to fit, but it worked fine when I scanned it with my phone.

As seen in Illustrator:

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:07:31 PM

Hi fuse,
I just made a video, a friend of mine is now editing it for me. In the video i have printed the QR code and placed it under the hologram sticker, afterwards i showed people how to access the address... when the video is finished, i will send it to you so that you can judge if it is good enough!.

Meije
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: