Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Criptoe.Com Physical Coin thread  (Read 6347 times)
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:31:13 PM

Hi fuse,
I just made a video, a friend of mine is now editing it for me. In the video i have printed the QR code and placed it under the hologram sticker, afterwards i showed people how to access the address... when the video is finished, i will send it to you so that you can judge if it is good enough!.

Meije

My man!

If everything looks good, it's your choice on reward.  Funds can be sent tonight when I get home, or I can put coins in the mail with the next shipment, which will most likely the one big shipment to LTEX with the rest of the coins.  Just shoot me a PM with the video link when you're done, and let me know what you want as the bounty.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

Hi fuse,
I just made a video, a friend of mine is now editing it for me. In the video i have printed the QR code and placed it under the hologram sticker, afterwards i showed people how to access the address... when the video is finished, i will send it to you so that you can judge if it is good enough!.

Meije

My man!

If everything looks good, it's your choice on reward.  Funds can be sent tonight when I get home, or I can put coins in the mail with the next shipment, which will most likely the one big shipment to LTEX with the rest of the coins.  Just shoot me a PM with the video link when you're done, and let me know what you want as the bounty.

-Fuse

Where can I find the video guys?

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:16:51 AM

Video can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRfMifiyukw

I don't know Dutch, so I can't comment on what is said in the video, but the video goes through the whole process of creating the wallet, attaching it with the hologram, and checking the balance.  All in all it's exactly what I needed, so I've confirmed with Meije that the bounty is his.  Like a true gentleman, he has declined the bounty.  I told him I would put the 100k NLG towards the dev fund donation I was going to make, in his name.  I will be contacting the devs to let them know.

Last shipment update:

The coins that are still in transit, including the dev coins, that everyone has been waiting for cleared customs yesterday at 5:30pm, I believe local NL time.  They should be getting to LTEX in the next couple days.

Additionally, I will be shipping the remaining coins out sometime this week, en masse.  I have discussed it with LTEX, and we both agree it will be easier to distribute coins in a faster manner if we cut out the travel time from the US to NL.

I'll make a post when the package is shipped.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:18:07 AM

Video can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRfMifiyukw

I don't know Dutch, so I can't comment on what is said in the video, but the video goes through the whole process of creating the wallet, attaching it with the hologram, and checking the balance.  All in all it's exactly what I needed, so I've confirmed with Meije that the bounty is his.  Like a true gentleman, he has declined the bounty.  I told him I would put the 100k NLG towards the dev fund donation I was going to make, in his name.  I will be contacting the devs to let them know.

Last shipment update:

The coins that are still in transit, including the dev coins, that everyone has been waiting for cleared customs yesterday at 5:30pm, I believe local NL time.  They should be getting to LTEX in the next couple days.

Additionally, I will be shipping the remaining coins out sometime this week, en masse.  I have discussed it with LTEX, and we both agree it will be easier to distribute coins in a faster manner if we cut out the travel time from the US to NL.

I'll make a post when the package is shipped.

-Fuse

Thanks a lot, a bit long, because he explains also the basics on crypto and addresses and such, but a nice video, thx!!

Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:25:09 AM

I found the problem! I don't wanna use an online wallet generator, it's even safer to generate a new .dat file on a clean computer offline by starting the client and then exporting private keys and such.

Sadly the quality of the qrcode generated by the client is too low to resize it. When I resize the qrcode from the online wallet generator, it works. But I don't feel comfortable to generate an private address online, that means it's not COLD storage.

Still struggling Smiley

Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:43:26 AM

I found the problem! I don't wanna use an online wallet generator, it's even safer to generate a new .dat file on a clean computer offline by starting the client and then exporting private keys and such.

Sadly the quality of the qrcode generated by the client is too low to resize it. When I resize the qrcode from the online wallet generator, it works. But I don't feel comfortable to generate an private address online, that means it's not COLD storage.

Still struggling Smiley
Have you tried to generate a new QR code online or with QR-code generating software with the exported wallet keys?
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:47:21 AM

Still struggling Smiley
Have you tried to generate a new QR code online or with QR-code generating software with the exported wallet keys?

No not online, because I don't think that's fullproof. But I guess quality is to low then, you see the blurring wehen resizing.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:37:04 PM

Still struggling Smiley

No not online, because I don't think that's fullproof. But I guess quality is to low then, you see the blurring wehen resizing.

Did you try the QRcodify website I posted earlier?  They let you create a 0.5" QR code.  Also, what program are you using to create the document when you're printing, and what kind of printer are you using?  You shouldn't really need to resize that far, so the quality shouldn't get too distorted.

Also, you could print the QR code for the wallet address, but not the private key.  That you could keep as the letters and numbers and just print it out and store it somewhere safe.

If the QR code method is the way to go, there are some tutorials here that I've seen at one point where people created paper wallets offline using the source code for the wallet generators.  I think they may even provide the QR code in the process.  Might be worth a search if that's what you really want to shoot for.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:03:59 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 09:22:12 PM by veertje

Nice video, Meije + Fuse. Thanks.

I just made my first coin ready with private key. Smiley

@Furio: The wallet generator can be downloaded and then with offline computer you can safely generate the public and private key.
https://github.com/MichaelMure/PaperWallet/archive/master.zip

(From https://walletgenerator.net/?currency=Guldencoin# step 0)
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:40:14 PM

It was all Meije.  I can't claim any credit for that one.  He did a great job!

I would have sneezed and coughed the whole time through with this cold that I can't get over, so I am really thankful he was able to help me with this one. lol

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:53:34 AM

I just made my first coin ready with private key. Smiley

@Furio: The wallet generator can be downloaded and then with offline computer you can safely generate the public and private key.
https://github.com/MichaelMure/PaperWallet/archive/master.zip

(From https://walletgenerator.net/?currency=Guldencoin# step 0)

Veertje, heel erg bedankt, dat zat ik dus te zoeken. Hopelijk blijft de kwaliteit van de QR via de tool hetzelfde, kan ik eindelijk gaan knutselen Wink. Heb er speciaal een offline computer voor die simpelweg altijd uitstaat, behalve ff om wallets te generaten, OFFLINE Smiley

Furio
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:44:19 AM

I found airtight capsules exactly right for the Criptoe Guldencoin. You need to make the hole in the rubber a little bit bigger, but than you'll have an pretty show and protective case.

I want to order them, but maybe there are more peeps in the NLG community who want one.

It's €2,50 per capsule, I wish to ship them all to my address and from there distibute them further. In order to keep the price as low as possible, the more the marrier Smiley

Please PM me with quantity if interested! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: