Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use Digital Ocean and other VPS to CPU Mine  (Read 6568 times)
Convicted2008 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Is it possible to mine CPU through VPS such as DigitalOcean? I pretty sure it is possible. Does anybody know how to do it?

jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:25:08 PM

Click the link to find a step by step tutorial (even a linux-noob like me got it working with it) and also a great CPU coin that you can mine Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=848697.msg9453655#msg9453655

Thank me later  Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:31:53 AM

Do some ROI most VPS it cost more then you make.

Also it could have stopped but DO was pretty anti-miner.  If they saw heavy cpu usage you had to submit all kinds of info so they knew who you were.  Not sure if they got better or not.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:08:12 AM

Yes you can but you will pay more for the VPS monthly then you will make revenue mining.
 Even with a fast CPU.

Plus most VPS are shared and you cant use 100% CPU usage.
jawitech

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

Mining Magi with VPS worked, but Digital Ocean after short time cut down the ressources and I got way less hashrate than before. Vultr.com still works fine and gives even a bit more power than DO.

Mining is not only about ROI. If you only believe in short time ROI, better give up. Or mine a coin you believe in and make profit when value goes up.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:33:31 PM

Mining Magi with VPS worked, but Digital Ocean after short time cut down the ressources and I got way less hashrate than before. Vultr.com still works fine and gives even a bit more power than DO.

Mining is not only about ROI. If you only believe in short time ROI, better give up. Or mine a coin you believe in and make profit when value goes up.

What CPU coin are you mining?  I just have not seen one in a while that make sense to mine.   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:57:56 PM

never had that problem, with Do it was all working fine

but i tried with scrypt mining only
jawitech

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:09:22 PM

What CPU coin are you mining?  I just have not seen one in a while that make sense to mine.   

The coin is called Magi (XMG), CPU only mining, listed at several exchanges (including Bittrex and Polo), big community, honest dev (7 star rating). A coin for everyone.

Check it out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0

VPS minig guide:
jawitech

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:10:10 PM

never had that problem, with Do it was all working fine

but i tried with scrypt mining only

I'm more than happy to invite you mining Magi via VPS

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: