Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2017, 09:04:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Possibly Explains What Motivates Bitcoin Developers (And Others)  (Read 934 times)
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1397

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 06:09:17 PM

RSA Animate - Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc&feature=em-share_video_user
Creating a Bitcoin client that fully implements the network protocol is extremely difficult. Bitcoin-Qt is the only known safe implementation of a full node. Some other projects attempt to compete, but it is not recommended to use such software for anything serious. (Lightweight clients like Electrum and MultiBit are OK.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:48:55 AM

Very good video, thank you very much for linking it.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:47:51 AM

Very Maslowian.  Grin

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
genjix
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:16:58 PM

Nice. I was expecting another braindead "selfish" explanation of earning more money, bitches or fame. Simple fact is that I think people like to create, and feel inspired. I don't like pouring the precious hours of my life into a blackhole that will disappear in a few years time. It's nice to write things people will use to bring more wealthy, happiness and benefit to their lives rather than software which causes misery and vendor-lockin. Our job as coders is not to imprison people but to set their minds free.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.