Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basket of Decentralised Market Focused Altcoins  (Read 841 times)
the_eraserhead (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:55:00 AM

So yea Im new here. I found my way here from a mention of Openbaazar and Bitbay in regards to a market on the I2P network. No secret that decentralized marketplaces are needed. The question is who will win the day. In light of the trainwrecks/fud/dox'n going on here I dont need to say this is risk capital only and maybe a bit looney....

Im looking to set up a basket of altcoins to put in my portfolio. Im not interested in "daytrading", been there done that with Q's, Spyders and the 4 horseman during the dotcom days.... So Im looking for serious suggestions to research. The reading here is like reading the yahoo stock forums back in the dotcom heyday...weeding thru the BS is work....

Observations, many of the coins listed here seems to have the same web developer/templates, just running basic whois research on domain names, nameservers and hosts makes for interesting reading. In reality OpenBazaar is the only one NOT pushing a coin so my personal bet is on them BUT Im a speculator and looks like my best 'bet' is putting a basket together..... soooo suggest away....

Cheers
Eraserhead
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:34:20 AM

So yea Im new here. I found my way here from a mention of Openbaazar and Bitbay in regards to a market on the I2P network. No secret that decentralized marketplaces are needed. The question is who will win the day. In light of the trainwrecks/fud/dox'n going on here I dont need to say this is risk capital only and maybe a bit looney....

Im looking to set up a basket of altcoins to put in my portfolio. Im not interested in "daytrading", been there done that with Q's, Spyders and the 4 horseman during the dotcom days.... So Im looking for serious suggestions to research. The reading here is like reading the yahoo stock forums back in the dotcom heyday...weeding thru the BS is work....

Observations, many of the coins listed here seems to have the same web developer/templates, just running basic whois research on domain names, nameservers and hosts makes for interesting reading. In reality OpenBazaar is the only one NOT pushing a coin so my personal bet is on them BUT Im a speculator and looks like my best 'bet' is putting a basket together..... soooo suggest away....

Cheers
Eraserhead

Are you looking for some advice on how to choose altcoins, or specific coin recommendations?  If you are looking for specific recommendations, take every word posted with a grain of salt, because everyone promotes their own coin.  There are a few threads here (listed below) that have been discussing investing in value holding coins, etc.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

So how exactly do I know what altcoin is better? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888972.0

What makes a good coin? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=883401.0

Cryptos that Actually Hold Value - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=884215.0

Good Luck!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
the_eraserhead (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:28:52 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 03:06:27 AM by the_eraserhead

Are you looking for some advice on how to choose altcoins, or specific coin recommendations?  If you are looking for specific recommendations, take every word posted with a grain of salt, because everyone promotes their own [Suspicious link removed]d Luck!

Thanks for the links Im looking for specific coins/devs working on decentralized markets, thats where the future is .. but from what Ive read here theres a ton of BS in this arena...bitbay comes to mind but this technology is going to change things....a basket of these is the safest way to play this, at least for me....

cheers
Eraserhead
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:23:16 AM

Are you looking for some advice on how to choose altcoins, or specific coin recommendations?  If you are looking for specific recommendations, take every word posted with a grain of salt, because everyone promotes their own [Suspicious link removed]d Luck!

Thanks for the links Im looking for specific coins/devs working on decentralized markets, thats where the future is .. but from what Ive read here theres a ton of BS in this arena...bitbay comes to mind but this technology is going to change things....a basket of these is the safest way to play this, at least for me....

cheers
Eraserhead

"decentralized" is just a buzzword for >>>> 90% of the crypto here...
Even supposed "anon" coins like Monero are running a Celebrity Circus when they are not running a Nazi witchhunt...
And most coins have a single point of failure in the Dev... or the single, US registered exchange they trade on.

Plus this place is an NSA playground for many years...
I'll bet many "Hero Members" are NSA employees.

NXT is just about the only Gen 2.0 platform that takes decentralization/anon seriously...
You would have to take down > 1000 globally dispersed servers to take down NXT...
And it gets way better soon with anon BTCD and SuperNET... plus the Monetary System for roll-your-own alts.

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:06:06 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 02:16:25 PM by sadface

nxt has two decentralized markets: nxt marketplace and freemarket. first is a nxt core feature, the later a third party app (afaik not open source yet) build on the nxt blockchain. it's not the main focus of nxt, since its aim is to be a complete platform. both are under active development and still lacking some features.

web view by third parties:
https://freemarketlite.com/
http://jnxt.org/market/

edit: don't forget to visit https://nxtforum.org/ to find out more
Pastafarian

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

Sativacoin (STV) Development Team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Please join the Sativacoin (STV) community Smiley we aim to become the trusted and valuable coin for the mj sector. There has been a community takeover, and together we are progressing quickly!

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions and please visit our new thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874071

Thanks,
Arnel
Pastafarian

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
moffer5

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 10:10:23 PM

And it gets way better soon with anon BTCD and SuperNET... plus the Monetary System for roll-your-own alts.

How soon until the Monetary System is released?

speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:14:52 PM

Check Saffron coin.
SFRDirect will be released soon. And decentralized exchange too.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:00:37 AM

cheers
Eraserhead

Well cheers to you too but the idea that decentralized markets is where the future is is so absurd that it actually means the exact opposite since, by their own nature, decentralized market are going to be taken down by aw enforcement, anywhere and everywhere, in all significant cases, no exceptions... with jail time for those responsible and seizure of ALL coins. This is not theory but corroborated facts, along with the publiclyu expressed determination of the law enforcement agencies across the globe behind it, so the future of decentralized market was, as a matter of fact, yesterday.

But cheers again to you anyway.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:05:05 AM

Check Saffron coin.

You have got to be kidding me... Saffron, the one whose market cap is $33,000? That one?

Come on, let's at least attempt to be serious, ok?
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:25:09 AM

Check Saffron coin.

You have got to be kidding me... Saffron, the one whose market cap is $33,000? That one?

Come on, let's at least attempt to be serious, ok?

Actual marketcap is $ 39,502. (it will rise don´t worry)
Saffron is not an IPO or ICO shit. (Fair distribution)
Dev always delivers.
So yes, it is serious.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: