Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:45:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously ... whats your buy price?  (Read 2750 times)
alumar (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 03:29:25 AM

I have been watching the market for a while now looking for a good time to buy more Bitcoin. Over the past several months I have spent a total of 9.27 bitcoin on random gear, gift cards and general use ... doing my part in helping the ecosystem. I am looking for a good price to buy back in and honestly would be a heavy buyer in the low 200's, high 100's.

I am just curious what the price point needs to be for the "no kidding" people on the fence or just hanging on are buying at.

I have asked this question to several friends and family that have been following bitcoin and their price too seems to be the 180-200 mark, in that they would feel very compelled to buy.

Dont know what it is, 350-390 just doesnt feel right! Maybe im crazy and call me out if so...

Carter - Host of BitsBeTrippin
Original Cryptomining Channel on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/bitsbetrippin
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:01:16 AM

This should probably go in the speculation forum. My buy price is whatever the current exchange rate is, as long as I think that I have a potential to make a return. I don't buy because of the price, I buy because of the possible ROI.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:09:07 AM

i'm one of those people who has "enough" bitcoins in the stash and will neither buy nor sell regardless of the price, for a very long time.
(I may buy a bit for immediate spending, but not investing)

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:57:12 AM

At or near current prices I am overallocated in bitcoins so I don't plan on buying any more if the price remains stable. I would consider buying more if the price dropped below $100.
Danx-

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:05:59 AM

A price around $160-$180 would be a good trigger to buy a little more than usual, I do buy and do short-term trading in exchangers but at that price I might hold onto the bitcoins for sometime.

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:13:14 AM

My bitcoin sack is full. Would only consider buying more if price was sub $200.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:23:34 AM

A price around $160-$180 would be a good trigger to buy a little more than usual, I do buy and do short-term trading in exchangers but at that price I might hold onto the bitcoins for sometime.
I don't think it's a good strategy that when the price drops to a specific low level, you will buy it in terms of short-term trading. It will put a great amount of pressure to yourself when the price continues to drop.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:11:06 AM

I have been watching the market for a while now looking for a good time to buy more Bitcoin. Over the past several months I have spent a total of 9.27 bitcoin on random gear, gift cards and general use ... doing my part in helping the ecosystem. I am looking for a good price to buy back in and honestly would be a heavy buyer in the low 200's, high 100's.

I am just curious what the price point needs to be for the "no kidding" people on the fence or just hanging on are buying at.

I have asked this question to several friends and family that have been following bitcoin and their price too seems to be the 180-200 mark, in that they would feel very compelled to buy.

Dont know what it is, 350-390 just doesnt feel right! Maybe im crazy and call me out if so...

I think the people on the fence will buy when the price goes up, not when it goes down because they will feel they are missing the train.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:54:30 PM

It depends on what kind of investor you are.

If you plan to hold your coins as long term investment, then buying at this price is a good option.

Buy some now, and keep some fiat ready to buy just in case the price goes down.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:56:35 PM

At this point anything under $500 I will be a buyer  Cool

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:01:47 PM

Under $400 I feel pretty good about buying, under $350 even more so!
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

Obviously you barely have money, hence why we are still stuck at 350.

The ONLY reason people are saying they will buy at 100-200$ is because they are using the relative price thinking 350 is the mean & 1,100 is the ATH.
This isn't the case & threads will be made then about people trying to catch double digit coins... The price constantly changes so of course the buy prices do too.
Good luck to all of you just shooting to get "cheap coins" everytime we bomb down
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:59:21 PM

^Bulls have blown their wad long ago, when they were mooing "we'll never see below $600 again buy buy buy!!!"  Now (sincere) bulls have no $$$ to buy BTC with, making their bull[shit] opinions irrelevant.

The only ones with money are the wise, patient bears Cool
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:11:22 PM

Obviously you barely have money, hence why we are still stuck at 350.

The ONLY reason people are saying they will buy at 100-200$ is because they are using the relative price thinking 350 is the mean & 1,100 is the ATH.
This isn't the case & threads will be made then about people trying to catch double digit coins... The price constantly changes so of course the buy prices do too.
Good luck to all of you just shooting to get "cheap coins" everytime we bomb down

Your post is a neat description of both yourself and trollchop as it happens. Transparent trolling of this forum to engineer some bearish sentiment in a pathetic attempt to buy up some of 'dem cheap coins' for yourself and lift you out of poverty.

Hopefully the irony isn't lost on you, you poor sod.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

I have been shorting bitcoin and it's down over 70% this year LMFAO you can say I have no money all you want you probably have no idea how to count let alone how to add
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:16:54 PM

The thing is that its hard for bitcoin to stay at a fixed price. Even if it does come back to 100$ , then only a few millions are required for price to go back up.
To me a 100$ spot would be the best price for bitcoin, as I don;t use it for investing.
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:21:29 PM

Since 1100$, I told friends, that they should wait for 450$ - everything beneath that is a good entry point.

Since the recent ralley to 450$ my buy price is 350$ - so  I am accumulating.

Always wrong until not.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:49:29 PM

last time i went long @300, i guess i definitly buy under 300

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
darkmind

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:59:46 PM

I am tired of trading for pennies. think im gonna sell now and wait for 300, what do you think guys ?

gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:01:39 AM

I'm aiming for 270, but I think we will hit 200ish before it turns up longer term again

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: