Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS Bread Wallet  (Read 30978 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:38:59 PM

This is the best cold storage app available for IOS. Use this one on mine mobile phone. Hope they keep improving this nice wallet.

Do you have an iDevice specifically offline for cold storage?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
voisine

Activity: 115
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:39:25 AM

This is the best cold storage app available for IOS. Use this one on mine mobile phone. Hope they keep improving this nice wallet.

You can also generate a wallet, write down the recovery phrase and initial receive address, and then choose "start/recover another wallet" to remove it from the device.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:19:03 PM

You can also generate a wallet, write down the recovery phrase and initial receive address, and then choose "start/recover another wallet" to remove it from the device.

While having your device in flight mode Smiley

I personally wouldn't do that unless I restored my iDevice, configured it as a new device, created the wallet, restored it again and kept using it, and I think that's just too much of a hassle to create a seed. There are quicker and equally safe (or even safer) ways to do it. And yes, I'm that paranoid Wink

Rumhocker

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:05:57 PM

Hi,

We are trying to build the App for eMark Client.

The App connects to the other Clients and Synchronize to ~10.000 Blocks before "last block".
Then it comes "invites" and the App replies with:

Code:
sendGetblocksMessageWithLocators

The Client has to response with:
https://github.com/emarkproject/eMark/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2796

We have modify the funktion like this:
Code:
void static ProcessGetData(CNode* pfrom)
{
    std::deque<CInv>::iterator it = pfrom->vRecvGetData.begin();

vector<CInv> vNotFound;

LOCK(cs_main);

while (it != pfrom->vRecvGetData.end()) {
        // Don't bother if send buffer is too full to respond anyway
        if (pfrom->nSendSize >= SendBufferSize())
            break;

const CInv &inv = *it;
        {
            boost::this_thread::interruption_point();
            it++;

if (inv.type == MSG_BLOCK || inv.type == MSG_FILTERED_BLOCK)
            {
                // Send block from disk
                map<uint256, CBlockIndex*>::iterator mi = mapBlockIndex.find(inv.hash);
                if (mi != mapBlockIndex.end())
                {
                    CBlock block;
if (!block.ReadFromDisk((*mi).second)) {
assert(!"cannot load block from disk");
}

if (inv.type == MSG_BLOCK) {
pfrom->PushMessage("block", block);

}
else {
CBlockIndex *pindex = NULL;
pindex = (*mi).second;
pindex = pindex->pnext;

map<uint256, CBlockIndex*>::iterator mi = mapBlockIndex.find(block.hashMerkleRoot);
pindex = (*mi).second;

pindex = pindex->pnext;

pfrom->PushMessage("merkleblock", pindex->GetBlockHeader());
cout << "Merkleblock sended\n";

//typedef std::pair<unsigned int, uint256> PairType;

//foreach found Transactions
//BOOST_FOREACH(PairType& pair, merkleBlock.vMatchedTxn)

//send TRANSACTION
//pfrom->PushMessage(NetMsgType::TX, block.vtx[pair.first]);
}

// Trigger them to send a getblocks request for the next batch of inventory
                    if (inv.hash == pfrom->hashContinue)
                    {
                        // Bypass PushInventory, this must send even if redundant,
                        // and we want it right after the last block so they don't
                        // wait for other stuff first.
                        vector<CInv> vInv;
                        vInv.push_back(CInv(MSG_BLOCK, hashBestChain));
                        pfrom->PushMessage("inv", vInv);
                        pfrom->hashContinue = 0;
                    }
                }
            }
            else if (inv.IsKnownType())
            {
                // Send stream from relay memory
                bool pushed = false;
                {
                    LOCK(cs_mapRelay);
                    map<CInv, CDataStream>::iterator mi = mapRelay.find(inv);
                    if (mi != mapRelay.end()) {
                        pfrom->PushMessage(inv.GetCommand(), (*mi).second);
                        pushed = true;
                    }
                }
                if (!pushed && inv.type == MSG_TX) {
                    CTransaction tx;
                    if (mempool.lookup(inv.hash, tx)) {
                        CDataStream ss(SER_NETWORK, PROTOCOL_VERSION);
                        ss.reserve(1000);
                        ss << tx;
                        pfrom->PushMessage("tx", ss);
                        pushed = true;
                    }
                }
                if (!pushed) {
                    vNotFound.push_back(inv);
                }
            }

// Track requests for our stuff.
            g_signals.Inventory(inv.hash);

if (inv.type == MSG_BLOCK || inv.type == MSG_FILTERED_BLOCK)
                break;
        }
    }

pfrom->vRecvGetData.erase(pfrom->vRecvGetData.begin(), it);

if (!vNotFound.empty()) {
        // Let the peer know that we didn't find what it asked for, so it doesn't
        // have to wait around forever. Currently only SPV clients actually care
        // about this message: it's needed when they are recursively walking the
        // dependencies of relevant unconfirmed transactions. SPV clients want to
        // do that because they want to know about (and store and rebroadcast and
        // risk analyze) the dependencies of transactions relevant to them, without
        // having to download the entire memory pool.
        pfrom->PushMessage("notfound", vNotFound);
    }
}

see at line:
Code:
pfrom->PushMessage("merkleblock", pindex->GetBlockHeader());

But this doesn't work, because its not the merkleblock. Its only the header of the merkleblock.

Can you help us, what to do?
At this moment, we only need to know, how to read the complete merkleblock like this:

Code:
pfrom->PushMessage("merkleblock", pindex->GetMerkleBlock());

Thank you.

(sry for my bad englisch)
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:24:43 PM

You need to also check out the BitLox hardware wallet. It communicates with either your iPhone or Android using BLE and there are wallet apps for both phones. This is the first bitcoin hardware wallet to work with iPhone.

unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:37:00 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 12:20:41 AM by unamis76

You need to also check out the BitLox hardware wallet. It communicates with either your iPhone or Android using BLE and there are wallet apps for both phones. This is the first bitcoin hardware wallet to work with iPhone.

Interesting, although the price is a bit steep. I guess that's what you get when there's no competition. If I'm not mistaken, Ledger was working on something that was iOS compatible too... Let's see what they come up with.

EDIT: seems like CoolWallet is around too... But they have no devices avaliable. They're cheaper tho... but had a rough start and no reviews... They'll have more stock in March, I'll be around to check them out.

Despite all this, I highly doubt any of these things will work with breadwallet one day and I highly doubt there will be breadwallet hardware Tongue breadwallet hardware is the phone itself, I guess...
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 12:27:04 AM

Is there a way to export private keys from bread wallet. My friend has bread wallet on his iPhone and he's got a couple transactions that have been stuck for 4 days now. They've been deducted from his balance but they never turned up on the blockchain. So he can't spend those coins and he's doesn't want to try sending the rest to another client since they'll probably just get stuck too. So is there a way to get the private keys out of there?

He has his 12-word master seed. I tried using this app from github but it doesn't seem to be working:

https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/

No way to extract private keys through the app. Add the seed on Multibit HD and extract the keys.
iwjjjgs

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:40:43 AM

So I got my hands on the new iPhone 6 Plus and have had it for a month now(best phone 4rm my experience by the way). I was excited of hearing of this new BTCitcoin wallet along with other features.  I used the wallet five times - the 1st time I was able to add money to my Bread wallet via my Coinbase account and then was able to send money to a friend for testing purposes.  I was even able to send money to my Bread Wallet again via Coinbase but since, been experiencing sending issues.
4instance! I try to send BTC back into my Coinbase acc. via Bread Wallet and not 0nce but twice! it came right back to my Bread Wallet.  It shows BTC being sent and it displays the process of confirmations being observed then after awhile it display's '0' confirmations and the money 0r BTC ends up being right back into the Bread Wallet.  I even tried sending to a trading platform where I plan to do most of my trades - https://www.bitfinex.com/ Anyone else going through this with the new "Apple" Bitcoin Bread Wallet and who should I contact, Apple, Bitcoin Foundation, etc...?
I need my money sent out of my Bread Wallet Asap so hopefully someone out there has the solution, Peace!

good
xuiri

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:54:30 AM

I use oklink wallet is very convenient, it is inevitable in the development of human history! Very happy can purse to settle groom, this is the real international currency!
paczcz

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:56:02 AM

Im with stucked balance in the app. I try to restore and wipe it and rescan blockchain and still keep getting the unverified transaction again and again!!!

unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:44:16 PM

Im with stucked balance in the app. I try to restore and wipe it and rescan blockchain and still keep getting the unverified transaction again and again!!!

Older versions tend to miscalculate fees. Is your app updated?

BTW, there's an official thread here
voisine

Activity: 115
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:21:19 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email alert for this thread for some reason. Make sure you have the latest version, then contact support@breadwallet.com if you're still having an issue.
liveflipcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 08:08:40 AM

why doesn't my account balance with breadwallet fluctuate with the current btw market prices?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:07:10 PM

why doesn't my account balance with breadwallet fluctuate with the current btw market prices?

Your BTC balance doesn't change but your Fiat balance should.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:07:48 PM

Is there a thread for the Android beta. I did a test send to android bread wallet and it doesn't show the transaction. Does it only show them after they have a confirm?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 10:04:32 PM

No problem with Android Breadwallet here. You are using Marshmallow OS right?

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:12:56 PM

No problem with Android Breadwallet here. You are using Marshmallow OS right?

Yes, I don't think it would install otherwise.
liveflipcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 01:28:53 AM

So if i have say 1 btc today at $665.00 and tomorrow the price of btc goes up to $1000.00, do I stay at $665 or do I profit?
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:46:46 PM

So if i have say 1 btc today at $665.00 and tomorrow the price of btc goes up to $1000.00, do I stay at $665 or do I profit?

You neither lose or win, you still have 1 BTC. In what regards USD, you would profit when selling. You go where the market goes, obviously Cheesy

Did not know that there was an Android version meanwhile. Since the beta testing is limited and I have limited access to Android devices, I'll not apply so I won't occupy a space who should go to people who "daily drive" Androids, but I'm pretty curious how does breadwallet operate on Android. I assume that it won't work on a rooted phone and I question if there are methods in place to circumvent rooted phones reporting as non-rooted.
mojn

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:11:39 PM

hi , is coin base going to suggest to people to use your wallet ??

▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■ SPARKSTER ■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬
▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪ Run ‘Smart Software’ at 10 Million TPS! Crowdsale Starting Soon ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪
 Website | Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: