Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Let's buy a SC Single together! It's cheaper than a Jalapeño!  (Read 4428 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:48:30 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 10:09:47 PM by Garr255

I am going to take the popular advice and scrap this venture. I will be focusing on expanding Cognitive with SC rigs instead!

Thank you all for your support and criticism; I've learned a bit from this thread.

Cheers,
Garrett

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67547.0
http://cognitivemining.com/
https://glbse.com/asset/view/COGNITIVE

Quote from: Garr255
I want in on BFL's new ASIC line (who doesn't?) but I really just can't afford it. (I also don't want a coffee warmer Tongue) They will be opening their order forms tomorrow, and I'd love to get a good spot.

I am offering to host as many SC Singles as we raise funds for a fee of 10% of the hashing power. The hashpower will be distributed evenly among co-owners.

Each SC Single supposedly gets 40gh/s. One "Slot" here will get you ownership of one twelfth of the SC Single, minus the 10% management fee which will cover power and housing.

You can buy one twelfth of the SC Single for a minimum of 20btc, and more slots for any amount greater than that which is also a multiple of 20btc. This will give you 3gh/s per slot.

I will be putting an initial 20btc toward the effort for the first SC Single, thereby getting the 10% management fee + the purchased 3gh/s.

If you would like to purchase a slot, PM me and I will send you an address.

If you would like to donate to the cause, 1Ms8sUVbaKfhMJnpWh1ou9m1j2UbFoEnG1

SC Single 1:
Code:
Slot 1 - Garr255
2       -
3       -
4       -
5       -
6       -
7       -
8       -
9       -
10      -
11      -
12      -

I reserve the right to liquidate the SC Single(s) at any time, and distribute the sales revenue proportionally among fellow co-owners.

Let me know what you think! We need to get funds raised very soon, preferably tonight.

Cheers,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:13:15 AM

Thanks Obsi, I think it will cause a bit of a spike, but nothing too significant.

I'm not going to sell though, as I think BTC is just going to go up from here out!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:15:58 AM

Good idea Cheesy

chronicaust

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:23:45 AM

i might be interested in this once a few ppl sign on. Sounds like a good idea = ). So at 3 gh/s we would get approx 1.3 btc per day? Are you planning on paying daily or weekly? Or will we have control over payouts? Thanks! Hope more ppl sign on = )
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:33:50 AM

although Jalapenos provide slightly better HG/s per USD cost performance at current exchange rates than this deal, this could be a good option for someone outside of US to save on overall cost and or delivery time, and on shipping handling along with delays in case their product needs a replacement or warranty fix being outside of US
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:43:27 AM

i might be interested in this once a few ppl sign on. Sounds like a good idea = ). So at 3 gh/s we would get approx 1.3 btc per day? Are you planning on paying daily or weekly? Or will we have control over payouts? Thanks! Hope more ppl sign on = )

At the current difficulty 3gh/s will get you 1.75btc per day.

Keep in mind that the difficulty will increase as ASICs are released. This is why I want to have a part of one of the first ASICs!

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:44:36 AM

although Jalapenos provide slightly better HG/s per USD cost performance at current exchange rates than this deal, this could be a good option for someone outside of US to save on overall cost and or delivery time, and on shipping handling along with delays in case their product needs a replacement or warranty fix being outside of US

I did calculations at $6/btc, because of volatility in the market.

DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:04:22 AM

At the current difficulty 3gh/s will get you 1.75btc per day.

Keep in mind that the difficulty will increase as ASICs are released.

That is an understatement. Have you plugged the numbers into a calculator as to the increases to be expected once the th/s boxes come online at the same time?  I know I have and its not pretty and this is what is going to happen as BFL chimed in in another thread to say they will have three lines running so all the boxes are shipping at once according to him/her.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 07:26:27 AM

Might be interested if I can get some more BC in time. Subbing Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:57:59 AM

I'm off for the night -- hopefully I wake up to some PMs, eh?

cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:00:52 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 08:42:44 AM by cuz0882

Why don't you put it on GLBSE. Otherwise people are just sending money to a stranger in a forum. There are a lot of people doing similar things on there.

https://glbse.com
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:09:40 AM

Why don't you put it on GLBSE. Otherwise people are just sending money to a stranger in a forum.

Good question -- I thought about this, but I would like to make this really simple, and being in direct contact with co-owners is nice too.

As an argument: I consider myself as a fairly well trusted member of the forums. Additionally, I maintain $12,000 (Soon to be over $30,000) of hardware that I do not own, so this would be a relatively small addition.

Also, sending money to someone on the GLBSE isn't significantly different. If it's verification that you're worried about, Nefario has all of my details.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:14:56 AM

Are you planning on paying daily or weekly? Or will we have control over payouts?

I will either do payouts every Saturday as I do for Cognitive and Synergy, or I will let each co-owner point his hashrate as his own pool. This depends on mining software limitations, which will change by the time we receive this hardware in October.

cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:31:09 AM

So you have Cognitive, SYNERGY plus this posting. You can't afford a $1,299 single? Why the need to make up a new business name every few days? This seems like a whole lot of deception to me, even if its just to have multiple posting on the forum it seems lame to me.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 08:52:59 AM

So you have Cognitive, SYNERGY plus this posting. You can't afford a $1,299 single? Why the need to make up a new business name every few days? This seems like a whole lot of deception to me, even if its just to have multiple posting on the forum it seems lame to me.

He is 16 or so... 1299$ was much money back then.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 08:57:28 AM

Why the aggro ?

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:36:59 AM

What will you do with any remaining BTC if the usd-rate stays at 6.50 or rises further by the time the order is placed ?

Will the owners get a dividend ? Will you buy an extra hot-choco-warmer with it ?
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 10:02:47 AM

Some very good questions are being asked, withholding till participation till answers are given Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
CoinDiner

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:18:26 PM

Some very good questions are being asked, withholding till participation till answers are given Smiley

I agree with above poster

also BFL say theres a six week waiting time once order had been placed for a single
yunk3r

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:07:52 PM

I might be willing to participate in this. i just need some references before I send so many btc. Can anyone vouch for him or can you give some references. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: