Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wholesale Gold Nuggets  (Read 4688 times)
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:20:25 AM

I would buy some gold nuggets once salty verifies that it is in fact gold.

What's the average weight per nugget? 1g? 5g?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 09:22:33 AM

Take one or two of them to an assay office and post the results up, people will be much more likely to believe you, especially if you let them buy with an escrow. I think I should also point out to people that raw gold ore will obviously have other metals or bits of rock mixed into it and won't be as pure as fine gold bars you can buy from dealers which have been properly refined.
Kebwesi (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 10:44:07 AM

I would not place a limit on the order, if the buyer would handle shipping. But 100gms is the minimum order at which we can ship at our own cost.

The nuggets have variable weights, and do not contain solid impurities. We can ship worldwide.

Salty: How many grams would you need in order to satisfy your testing? We can share the shipping cost (Included in the escrow amount). Though we are yet to decide whether to use bithalo or a human escrow.

MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:45:59 PM

I would not place a limit on the order, if the buyer would handle shipping. But 100gms is the minimum order at which we can ship at our own cost.

The nuggets have variable weights, and do not contain solid impurities. We can ship worldwide.

Salty: How many grams would you need in order to satisfy your testing? We can share the shipping cost (Included in the escrow amount). Though we are yet to decide whether to use bithalo or a human escrow.

I'd be interested in some of the nuggets, but please could you explain why you have $10 million+ of gold being stored in a tool box behind a flimsy looking wooden door?
Kebwesi (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 03:39:44 PM

I'd be interested in some of the nuggets, but please could you explain why you have $10 million+ of gold being stored in a tool box behind a flimsy looking wooden door?

Isn't your question flimsy too? It sure takes a sizeable amount of skin to trade here. Do not worry, even nature doesn't have strong rooms, but we do.

MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:10:33 PM

There better be more protecting that gold than a wooden wall and a tool box. That doesn't look like a safe storage place at all, unless there's more to the picture that I'm not seeing.

The gold pictured there is what I hope to have in metal alone come 10 years from now. I bet they're fake bars cause who the hell keeps 10mil in a wooden crate but hey it is pretty cool looking and cool to think about that much worth.

I think its a legitimate question as 2 others have wondered the same thing.  I have a nicer safe that I got for $30 and dont store nearly $10mil.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:47:02 PM

May be interested in some of you gold nuggets. As of late I've been testing/ melting a fair amount of gold and silver, so I'd be happy to purchase a small amount to begin with if you have it vetted or use escrow so that I may test it myself when I receive it.  Have you shipped to the US before, and if so do you know what the shipping costs would be for a few grams?

Don't take this as any offense if I'm incorrect, but this looks very much like gold plated tungsten from this picture. You can't blame people for being suspicious when you come out of nowhere with millions of dollars of gold.

I'm not a certified Assayer, but I've got melting/casting equipment, ultrasound machines, and quite a few years in the metal trade. Obviously I'm not going to judge your business from what could be bad lighting, but just figured I'd point it out so you could address that.

This looks more like painted wood with gold dust color...
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

I'd be happy to place an order to test in the next week or so, waiting for a CNC mill to arrive so I can make my own graphite molds (cough hint to the community) really I can test with any amount 1g-2g or larger.

I'd prefer a human escrow since I've never used escrow, there are a lot of forum members who have been trustworthy with an obscene amount of BTC, and it would be against self interest to act unfaithfully as an escrow agent, as they will make more money in the long run. I'd recommend TomatoCage, Kluge, DannyHamilton, OGNasty, or JohnK, but I'm open to suggestions if you have any people in mind.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:04:31 PM

It look like gold shoot not nuggets. So now question is whats minimum order?
Kebwesi (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 06:05:47 PM

I'd be happy to place an order to test in the next week or so, waiting for a CNC mill to arrive so I can make my own graphite molds (cough hint to the community) really I can test with any amount 1g-2g or larger.

I'd prefer a human escrow since I've never used escrow, there are a lot of forum members who have been trustworthy with an obscene amount of BTC, and it would be against self interest to act unfaithfully as an escrow agent, as they will make more money in the long run. I'd recommend TomatoCage, Kluge, DannyHamilton, OGNasty, or JohnK, but I'm open to suggestions if you have any people in mind.

How would you like to do this trade? We have agreed to ship 10grams for testing. Where do we ship to? So as to have a final costing that will enable a start the escrow process.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:46:35 PM

How would you like to do this trade? We have agreed to ship 10grams for testing. Where do we ship to? So as to have a final costing that will enable a start the escrow process.

Pmed with shipping info.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:25:31 PM

Is this the deal I was PM'd about for escrow? If it is, I need to know some details like who will cover the 1% fee, what exchange rate will be used, etc. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Kebwesi (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 05:30:33 AM

Is this the deal I was PM'd about for escrow? If it is, I need to know some details like who will cover the 1% fee, what exchange rate will be used, etc. Thanks in advance.

Yes it is, will have to get back to you in the next two to three days. Thanks for your prompt response.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 07:37:18 AM

I'll buy one of those nuggets.

PM me and I'll give you an address you can send the nugget to. Upon receipt and verification of purity I'll send you payment.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:12:36 PM

I'll buy one of those nuggets.

PM me and I'll give you an address you can send the nugget to. Upon receipt and verification of purity I'll send you payment.
SaltySpitoon can get away with this, but for most everybody else it's recommended that you use escrow Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Braedo

Activity: 70

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 10:35:12 PM

I'll purchase 2 grams depending on postage. What would be the cost for postage to Melbourne Australia.

Happy to use Tomatocage as escrow aswell and I'll cover that cost.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:36:42 PM

Did anything happen with this?
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:02:43 AM

Interested too
alamanjani

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:05:07 AM

Interested too

As you can imagine, several pairs of eyes are watching... and wondering...
I hope we get some update soon :-)

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:23:53 AM

Never heard back from them. I'm not too interested in the gold anymore though, turning my attention towards buying BTC instead.

*edit* reading over my last few posts leading up, and I noticed I said, "I've never used escrow" I meant I've never used nonhuman escrow heh. I didn't want to edit the original post. -completely nonrelated to this post
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: