Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:18:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is people are willing to spend their bitcoin against goods?  (Read 873 times)
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:47:32 PM

Is people are willing to spend their bitcoin against goods? I saw that a lot of people trying to get in business stop their bitcoin activity…

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vssa

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:19:44 PM

There is no reason to spend bitcoins in the next year ,we are just entering the middle stages of adoption .
I think this is the time to spend fiat on bitcoins when you still can afford it.
Since bitinstant and bitcoincard(http://alturl.com/8ovar) we are approaching very fast to the point of no return when bitcoin will be the only online payment Possible via the internet. (as accelerating debt will destroy paypal,credit card companies and banks) 
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:21:31 PM

I've bought a couple of items with bitcoins.

So, yes.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:47:03 PM

we are approaching very fast to the point of no return when bitcoin will be the only online payment Possible via the internet. (as accelerating debt will destroy paypal,credit card companies and banks) 

Don't think the banks will let the bitcoin destroy them. They will do all in their power (and they have a lot) to kill the bitcoin if it become dangerous for them. They have the government working for them to make laws in their advantage. The war will not be so easy for the bitcoin.

AbsoluteZero

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:00:57 PM

we are approaching very fast to the point of no return when bitcoin will be the only online payment Possible via the internet. (as accelerating debt will destroy paypal,credit card companies and banks) 

Don't think the banks will let the bitcoin destroy them. They will do all in their power (and they have a lot) to kill the bitcoin if it become dangerous for them. They have the government working for them to make laws in their advantage. The war will not be so easy for the bitcoin.

Bitcoin will not destroy the banks.

The banks will self destruct together with the entire fiat monetary system, but not because of bitcoin.
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:11:20 PM

Is people are willing to spend their bitcoin against goods? I saw that a lot of people trying to get in business stop their bitcoin activity…

I have bought lots of goods with bitcoins.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:31:04 PM

Is people are willing to spend their bitcoin against goods?
Absolutely. For anything I buy, I always pay with bitcoins whenever possible.

Pretty much any place that accepts bitcoins nowadays, still uses the current USD or EUR rates to determine their bitcoin pricing. Well, instead of buying their products with euros or dollars (involving credit card fees or paypal bullshit or slow bank transactions or even ridiculous concepts like sending cheques through mail), I'd rather buy bitcoins and then pay for the products with bitcoins. Costs about the same (sometimes even cheaper due to USD/EUR differences) and helps boosting the bitcoin economy.

The more bitcoins I can spend (instead of euros or dollars), the better!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
thoredy

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:37:09 PM

Bitcoin will not destroy the banks.

The banks will self destruct together with the entire fiat monetary system, but not because of bitcoin.

AbsoluteZero is right the system will fall itself
and the result we already see with crises (euro, greece ..)
bitcoin itself is a proof that people are tired of the system and are seeking other forms of expression in terms of economics and politics. I believe that we are once again in a "French Revolution" and we have one more chance to get real freedom, fraternity and equality. The way is to have hope on us to do right this time.

So of course I would buy anything with bitcoin!
Viva la revolucion!!
JTurner

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:10:54 PM

Come on, sure banks can get in trouble if too many loans don't get reimbursed, but Paypal doesn't care about the value of the currency they carry... they just make whatever money there is move...

Don't think the banks will let the bitcoin destroy them. They will do all in their power (and they have a lot) to kill the bitcoin if it become dangerous for them. They have the government working for them to make laws in their advantage.
Similarly, why would banks be threatened by Bitcoin? If they think there is money to be made, I don't think they'll fight it, I rather think they'll invest into it!
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:36:37 PM

I do buy product and service with BTC but I put more than I spend on GLBSE.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 01:39:40 PM

If people didn't want to spend, Silk Road wouldn't exist.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 09:10:06 AM

I certainly hope they are in the meatspace, otherwise all my preparation to accept it for my goods will have been in vain!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
rate5

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:42:30 AM

People are definitely buying goods with bitcoin.  There are a lot of merchants including myself who have customers that pay in BTC.  I also pay for goods with bitcoin whenever the option is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: