Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: State attack on torrent trackers. Tribler is completely decentralized.  (Read 933 times)
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:09:17 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 03:15:45 PM by Anon136

They just took down the pirate bay. And now eztv is offline. Btjunkie was the best ever and its been killed also. Along with who knows how many others. Tribler is an amazing alternative that's completely decentralized and open source. It has no centralized attack vectors for the state to attack. (its a lot like bitcoin) But for some unknown reason it has almost no community support. This project really should have more community support.

Also just so you know. It doesnt take a lot to become involved in helping out. Tribler has all of the same functionality is traditional torrent software like utorrent, but just by using it instead as your default torrent application for all day to day torrent needs, you will be supporting free speech in a way that isnt possible with more traditional software.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:10:18 AM

Never heard of...thanks for posting....going to take a look.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 10:15:28 AM

I hope you don't mind but I'm also going to plug Storj, Burst and Maidsafe, all alternatives to this mess, I think this will be the answer to the police raids, death to the copyright industry! I haven't heard of tribler either but I'll go and take a look.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:03:30 PM

I hope you don't mind but I'm also going to plug Storj, Burst and Maidsafe, all alternatives to this mess, I think this will be the answer to the police raids, death to the copyright industry! I haven't heard of tribler either but I'll go and take a look.

awesome. i am aware of maidsafe but ill have to take a look at burst and storj.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 03:11:11 PM

awesome. i am aware of maidsafe but ill have to take a look at burst and storj.

Well I don't know too much about Burst, I think it might be an off shoot of Storj but Storj is open source and decentralised as well.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

i made a channel. check it out. 0a74fd4d6a4eb915806d625c9ec32c9babaec947

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: