Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The identity of theymos revealed?  (Read 2784 times)
sbdealer (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:31:35 AM

http://qntra.net/2014/12/justice-departments-subpoena-to-theymos-of-bitcointalk/
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:32:55 AM

And the significance of this is?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:40:53 AM

Uh, that's no secret. One of many examples:

As many of you know Michael Marquardt AKA Theymos originally wrote Bitcoin Block Explorer, the first web based blockchain exploration tool.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:50:59 AM

He has been very open about his identity, he didn't even try black it out on the subpena and he showed us this when he received it.
Did you think this was a secret?

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:56:28 AM

Damn I was hoping for some shocking revelation.
Theymos, Underworld Kingpin/mad scientist fighting for freedom.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:03:04 AM

kind of funny that they need to waste time and money in communications and dragging a third party into court simply to hand over documents that anyone can print out.

i think theymos should simply reply to emails with these links
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3905;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=175.0

and then let the courts print it out themselves

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:00:26 AM

I seriously don't understand, why do people care to reveal identities if people have done nothing wrong.
THe bitcoin world tends to stay anonymous for no reason.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 10:06:55 AM

I seriously don't understand, why do people care to reveal identities if people have done nothing wrong.

You seriously don't think people have a fundamental right to anonymity?

Although I am not anonymous here I certainly support anyone and everyone's right to be anonymous here or whether else they like.

If you think that people only want to be anonymous because they "have something to hide" then I suggest you need to "think harder".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 10:09:33 AM

And to think that he even did it himself.

https://bitcointalk.org/docs/ulbricht.pdf

I won't post my response because it contains deleted posts which should remain private if at all possible. Probably my response will end up as part of public record, but I'm not going to speed up the process or make it easier for people to find. I already PMed the users affected by this.

Maybe this is the first time Theymos experienced a formal subpoena, but I have trouble believing that this is the first time he experienced a law enforcement inquiry.

This is the first government request/inquiry I've received related to Ulbricht's case. I have received a few other inquiries for other cases.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:10:14 AM

kind of funny that they need to waste time and money in communications and dragging a third party into court simply to hand over documents that anyone can print out.

theymos should submit the altcoin section first. They will never trouble him again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:17:55 AM

does he really need to submit anything if the server is outside of the US

Grin
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:21:19 AM

does he really need to submit anything if the server is outside of the US

I don't think , but maybe the reply is : yes.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:46:43 AM

what is wrong and what is right?

edward_cullen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:11:06 PM

You seriously don't think people have a fundamental right to anonymity?

Although I am not anonymous here I certainly support anyone and everyone's right to be anonymous here or whether else they like.

If you think that people only want to be anonymous because they "have something to hide" then I suggest you need to "think harder".

I support everything said in this post.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:23:52 PM

Uh, that's no secret. One of many examples:

As many of you know Michael Marquardt AKA Theymos originally wrote Bitcoin Block Explorer, the first web based blockchain exploration tool.

The man is a crypto superhero, for heaven's sake!

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:10:20 PM

Yah, it's utter BS. I can't even see that they've explicitly requested PMs, just "posts". I would be tempted to go "Alrighty then, 5 point comic sans it is.."

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 03:18:16 PM

Hitler to the Jews:

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Orangina

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:28:14 PM

What do you mean by Idendity revealed lol ? isn't his name public on the donation page , like every other admin on bitcointalk ? Shocked
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 04:03:55 PM

Maybe it's their hobbies Grin
but yeaa maybe make some stories about "who is he/she?" it's very entertain Grin
Big0Bang

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

You don't know people have the right to stay anonymous,not everyone likes to stay under spotlight.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: