Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:07:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here uses Shift or Xapo debit card?  (Read 8083 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:21:17 PM

Yes because I don't live in a country where they support the currency. Otherwise it's free.

Do I get this right, they only charge you a fee for CAD to USD conversion?
Are you sure there are no other fees/monthly service charge? How do they make a profit then?

I'm pretty sure there are no other fees and I have no idea how they are making a profit.

Have they provided any updated fee structure?

Not that I am aware of.

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:50:33 PM

About Xapo i think the fees are not so bad also there is no monthly fees or fees for swiping, so as you can see is a good chooise, btw you have the fee conversion 3% if im not wrong, but honestly, is not so bad compare to others.

Btw im reading that ppl are having some problems on his credits cards orders, i mean they delayed a lot, let hope nobody gets probems with it...

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:33:50 PM

I just received my Xapo debit card and it works pretty well. It's funny to think that if I receive my wages (I can't since my employer is not in US) through https://www.bitwage.co/ to my Xapo bitcoin address I can literally be 100% functional in society with no bank account. I can even mitigate the risks of volatility with https://bitreserve.org/

My mind is kind of blown out.   
that is FREAKING AWESOME dude so even though you are in canada, the funds in the card are in USD is this correct? If it is correct is there some reason why it is not in Canadian dollars. Again let me say how cool it is, if i may ask how long did it take you to receive the card from when you order it. If you come to the USA are you able to use the card in the USA and IF you use the card in the USA will you have to pay the 3% conversion?

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:31:59 PM

I just received my Xapo debit card and it works pretty well. It's funny to think that if I receive my wages (I can't since my employer is not in US) through https://www.bitwage.co/ to my Xapo bitcoin address I can literally be 100% functional in society with no bank account. I can even mitigate the risks of volatility with https://bitreserve.org/

that is FREAKING AWESOME dude so even though you are in canada, the funds in the card are in USD is this correct?

No. There is no funds in the card. All the funds are in bitcoin in my Xapo wallet. The way in works is this: when I swipe the card at a POS the bitcoins are automatically and instantly deducted from my Xapo wallet and converted in USD then in local cash (supported internationally) to my card then sent to the merchant. All this in about 5 sec. I even receive a message from Xapo on my phone that I just did a transaction with the card. This is pretty slick.

If it is correct is there some reason why it is not in Canadian dollars.

They only support USD, EUR and GBP at the moment if I remember right. Probably because it is less complicated to handle that way.

Again let me say how cool it is, if i may ask how long did it take you to receive the card from when you order it.

It took a while, like 2-3 month. I sent them an email recently to know what was going on with the card and they replied back telling me that I should receive it in 10 business days (which I did) warning me that the system is still in beta and might have some bugs.

If you come to the USA are you able to use the card in the USA

Yes.

and IF you use the card in the USA will you have n?to pay the 3% conversio

I don't think so. Unfortunately, I don't think they ship the card yet to US residents because of legal complications.  

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:11:54 AM

that is FREAKING AWESOME dude so even though you are in canada, the funds in the card are in USD is this correct? If it is correct is there some reason why it is not in Canadian dollars. Again let me say how cool it is, if i may ask how long did it take you to receive the card from when you order it. If you come to the USA are you able to use the card in the USA and IF you use the card in the USA will you have to pay the 3% conversion?
This is him essentially using a "bank" (xapo) and whenever he uses his card he is essentially selling bitcoin.

I would much rather see a higher merchant adoption rate then more people using xapo

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:18:57 AM

Xapo its not available for all countries

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:21:27 AM

This is him essentially using a "bank" (xapo) and whenever he uses his card he is essentially selling bitcoin.

I would much rather see a higher merchant adoption rate then more people using xapo
true i agree with what you are saying but this is still awsome it is a step in the right direction in my humble opinion i would say. I am sure as time passes more and more merchants will allow use of bitcoin asap it is just i am sure they affraid of having to wait for confirmations. Imagine being at walmart and having to wait for even 1 confirmations lol

caribbeanbitcoiner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:26:06 AM

That's why I see the Bitcoin Debit Card working, imagine just moving moving from your btc vault with a cellphone app then spending the btc with a Bitcoin Debit Card. Cool
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:43:05 AM

Me too but I see this as a step in the right direction for consumers. Now I am willing to hold more bitcoins because they are literally more useful than fiat at this point. I can use bitcoins with my phone any time I want but if I can't, I can use the card. I can now make bitcoin a real lifestyle.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:12:04 AM

Me too but I see this as a step in the right direction for consumers. Now I am willing to hold more bitcoins because they are literally more useful than fiat at this point. I can use bitcoins with my phone any time I want but if I can't, I can use the card. I can now make bitcoin a real lifestyle.
yes sir i agree with everything you said here and i really hope xapo succeds and implements tougher security for people who get temptep. I was going to ask are the cards branded visa or mastercard or anything like that and do they have your name printed on them in case merchant asks for name to match id?

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:16:34 AM

Xapo is total JUNK!!!. Been waiting for their card for months, contacted their support several times, nothing.

These guys are much more professional and everything works fine.

https://anxbtc.com/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hobala

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:56:03 AM

no im just use xapo for my wallet bitcoin

AMHash
ASICMINERROCKMINER ● Purchase from: AMHash (20Th/s min) ● Havelock (1Gh/s min)
Cloud-mining contracts: 0.0012 BTC per Gh ● Maintenance fee: $0.001551 per Gh per day ● Upto 6% Christmas Bonus

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:30:00 PM

Xapo is total JUNK!!!. Been waiting for their card for months, contacted their support several times, nothing.

These guys are much more professional and everything works fine.

https://anxbtc.com/

last time I checked anxbtc was just a lame prepaid card thad does not convert your btc in real time.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:27:33 PM

yes sir i agree with everything you said here and i really hope xapo succeds and implements tougher security for people who get temptep. I was going to ask are the cards branded visa or mastercard or anything like that and do they have your name printed on them in case merchant asks for name to match id?

It is a My Choice Corporate card https://www.mychoicecorporate.com/ with a visa logo on it. And yes, my name is on the card.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 07:29:21 PM

thats it i so want one of this cards now lol. To bad i am in the USA i guess it is time to find me a address in canda to have card shipped to then to me in the States lol. Especially if it is in USD i guess i wont have to pay 3% conversion fee haha Grin

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:08:31 PM

TO you and all on this forum happy holidays enjoy the time with family and friends. May the holidays bring everyone good stuff with good food and good drinks  Smiley posting this now as i know alot of people in areas where almost xmas  Wink

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:07:14 PM

seems like no activity here either, i am trying to find somewhere where they speak of the Xapo debit card more actively that what goes on this forum seems like noone on here talks about it. I am trying to get card for people like me that live in the USA. Any links to where i can find active chats would be appreciated will post this on the Xapo forums i go to to increase odds of answer. If you want to send me private message that is ok to with any information Cool

vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:55:10 PM

Sorry D,

I know very little abut the subject, that's why I've started it.... To me Shift sounds more appealing from very little info I've managed to find, like possible integration with CoinBase. It appears nobody around here uses it.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

Sorry D,

I know very little abut the subject, that's why I've started it.... To me Shift sounds more appealing from very little info I've managed to find, like possible integration with CoinBase. It appears nobody around here uses it.
ohhh what is shift i have never heard of it, but the fact you said possible integration with coinbase is perfect. That is what i have been looking for as number one solution but was going for Xapo as could not find anything like that. Can you post a link or something thanks  Wink  Grin  Smiley

vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:29:43 PM

Sorry D,

ohhh what is shift i have never heard of it, but the fact you said possible integration with coinbase is perfect. That is what i have been looking for as number one solution but was going for Xapo as could not find anything like that. Can you post a link or something thanks  Wink  Grin  Smiley

https://shiftpayments.com

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: