Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here uses Shift or Xapo debit card?  (Read 8079 times)
vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:29:43 PM

Sorry D,

I know very little abut the subject, that's why I've started it.... To me Shift sounds more appealing from very little info I've managed to find, like possible integration with CoinBase. It appears nobody around here uses it.
ohhh what is shift i have never heard of it, but the fact you said possible integration with coinbase is perfect. That is what i have been looking for as number one solution but was going for Xapo as could not find anything like that. Can you post a link or something thanks  Wink  Grin  Smiley

https://shiftpayments.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:29:10 AM

Sorry D,

I know very little abut the subject, that's why I've started it.... To me Shift sounds more appealing from very little info I've managed to find, like possible integration with CoinBase. It appears nobody around here uses it.
ohhh what is shift i have never heard of it, but the fact you said possible integration with coinbase is perfect. That is what i have been looking for as number one solution but was going for Xapo as could not find anything like that. Can you post a link or something thanks  Wink  Grin  Smiley

SWEET i checked them out seem to be good but seems they only beta testing and seems like people in certain area only. Also seems to be off riple protocol if i read correct

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:26:56 AM

Sorry D,

SWEET i checked them out seem to be good but seems they only beta testing and seems like people in certain area only. Also seems to be off riple protocol if i read correct

I believe this card supports integration with CoinBase, Ripple and Dwolla accounts... At least for now. Do not quote me on this though.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

Sorry D,

I believe this card supports integration with CoinBase, Ripple and Dwolla accounts... At least for now. Do not quote me on this though.
well i submit information just asked for name, email and country. Now i guess i have to wait for them to contact me whenever that may be hope it dont take forever

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

well i submit information just asked for name, email and country. Now i guess i have to wait for them to contact me whenever that may be hope it dont take forever

There's also FAQ on the bottom of the page:

https://shiftpayments.com/card/#/faq

Couple of interesting things in there. Apparently they'll charge for issuing the card but there are no tx fees.

Unfortunately this one is no good for UK:

11. Any other things I should know about using the card?

These are PIN-less cards. If prompted at a payment terminal, please choose credit (vs debit).

You cannot use it in the most popular 'chip and pin' devices, as they don't have neither chip or pin.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bitcoinmax88

Activity: 518

The Visonary Behind VIRAL - Adam Guerbuez

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:39:37 AM

The Xapo debit card is the most awesome debit card in my physical wallet since I got one. I do not know any other company that provides the same service. Transactions are instant, no wait times and it takes funds from my btc wallet in realtime.

VIRAL is my vision - MY Vision is VIRAL - My Twitter is @AdamGuerbuez
PROMOTE YOUR COIN OR SERVICE ON VIRAL AND HAVE THE WHOLE CRYPTO COMMUNITY Talking about it! Go to http://www.GetViralCoin.com/sponsors/
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:16:24 AM

No. I was just using xapo wallet only. I have tried to order the debit card, but I didn't understand the process.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 02:40:47 PM

I don't really like Xapo Debit card. It seems a bad choice for me. I suggest ANX Debit card now. Their support is great and their service too.

There is 2 offers though I don't whether it is expired or not. Get A FREE ANX Premium Debit Card Now! and Get a $1000USD Grand Prize from ANX

~~MZ~~

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 04:36:20 PM

I don't really like Xapo Debit card. It seems a bad choice for me. I suggest ANX Debit card now. Their support is great and their service too.

There is 2 offers though I don't whether it is expired or not. Get A FREE ANX Premium Debit Card Now! and Get a $1000USD Grand Prize from ANX

~~MZ~~
i seen anx card but the fees for each use do not seem good , i like no monthly fee but come on $1.25 for each transaction purchase at store is something else. Even prepaid normal visa or mastercards are not raping people like this.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 04:37:55 PM

The Xapo debit card is the most awesome debit card in my physical wallet since I got one. I do not know any other company that provides the same service. Transactions are instant, no wait times and it takes funds from my btc wallet in realtime.
i am glad you are enjoying the Xapo card sadly i am in the USA so can't have one shipped to me so it makes me mad. If i knew of a canadian mail forwading service i would put canadian address since no fees to us in the USA as funds are in USD

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

i am glad you are enjoying the Xapo card sadly i am in the USA so can't have one shipped to me so it makes me mad. If i knew of a canadian mail forwading service i would put canadian address since no fees to us in the USA as funds are in USD

That would increase the fees I think.

i seen anx card but the fees for each use do not seem good , i like no monthly fee but come on $1.25 for each transaction purchase at store is something else. Even prepaid normal visa or mastercards are not raping people like this.

Hmm... I will report this in the thread. Hope we get a good reply.

~~MZ~~

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:59:38 PM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

I am not sure where you read that about the fees on our card. There is no POS purchase free on any of our cards.
For our ANX Premium Card, the only fee there is is when you withdraw from an ATM.
https://anxbtc.com/pages/#/card-compare

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Have a Happy New Year.
vm_mpn (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:38:08 PM

ANX looks really good - wish it was US based service though. I'm just uneasy sending my coins to HK / China, probably just paranoid.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 12:06:15 AM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

I am not sure where you read that about the fees on our card. There is no POS purchase free on any of our cards.
For our ANX Premium Card, the only fee there is is when you withdraw from an ATM.

Have a Happy New Year.
i am really glad you on here i wont ask private question i will just put it on here. So the card from ANX from what i seen has no fees except to take out money at atms is this correct. All purchases from online stores like amazon or at local stores like walmart or gas stations will NOT have any fees correct. There is also no cost to load the card is this also correct? If all the following are correct how does ANX make money to keep going? Also are the cards a visa or master card logo. In the mean time while this is answered i am trying to find where i seen fee comparison between Xapo and ANX. Also forgot to ask does the ANX cards ship to people in the usa and how long does it take and does the card come in our personal names? Is this card also allow you to spend in real time like Xapo card where it auto sells or do we have to do the work and how do we deposit into it cash, bitcoins other alt coins?

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 12:14:49 AM

ok here is where i had seen about the fees for ANX card i made this in seperate " reply " so my above post still gets answered. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ken-lo-ceo-anx-hong-kong-bitcoin-exchange-talks-bitcoin-debit-cards/
also here is the ones for xapo http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-faces-online-backlash-debit-card-fees/  thanks you i dont want to put anyone on the spot light i just want clear answer. Also what kind of regulation and protection do you all have for USA, thanks for answers and happy new year  Smiley

byt411

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:43:48 AM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.
i am really glad you on here i wont ask private question i will just put it on here. So the card from ANX from what i seen has no fees except to take out money at atms is this correct. All purchases from online stores like amazon or at local stores like walmart or gas stations will NOT have any fees correct. There is also no cost to load the card is this also correct? If all the following are correct how does ANX make money to keep going? Also are the cards a visa or master card logo. In the mean time while this is answered i am trying to find where i seen fee comparison between Xapo and ANX. Also forgot to ask does the ANX cards ship to people in the usa and how long does it take and does the card come in our personal names? Is this card also allow you to spend in real time like Xapo card where it auto sells or do we have to do the work and how do we deposit into it cash, bitcoins other alt coins?

1. It is correct, there are no fees on the ANX Premium card, except for ATM withdrawals.
2. There are no fees on any POS/Online Purchases.
3. There are no card loading fees.
4. We aren't telling you Tongue
5. I believe that the ANX Premium card is a Mastercard card, but I am not 100% sure.
6. Yes, we ship our cards worldwide.
7. No, the card will only have "ANX" printed on it as its name.
8. Our card currently doesn't support the Xapo functionality to auto sell on purchase.
9. You can deposit Bitcoins onto your ANX account, and then load it onto your card. The bitcoins will be exchanged into USD and then stored on your card.

ok here is where i had seen about the fees for ANX card i made this in seperate " reply " so my above post still gets answered. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ken-lo-ceo-anx-hong-kong-bitcoin-exchange-talks-bitcoin-debit-cards/
also here is the ones for xapo http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-faces-online-backlash-debit-card-fees/  thanks you i dont want to put anyone on the spot light i just want clear answer. Also what kind of regulation and protection do you all have for USA, thanks for answers and happy new year  Smiley

That article is very old. You can find a new table with our current fees here.
For protection, your card comes with a PIN. I'm not sure how stuff like this works in the USA, but here in Europe you have to put in your PIN on every POS purchase.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:01:52 AM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.

1. It is correct, there are no fees on the ANX Premium card, except for ATM withdrawals.
5. I believe that the ANX Premium card is a Mastercard card, but I am not 100% sure.
8. Our card currently doesn't support the Xapo functionality to auto sell on purchase.
9. You can deposit Bitcoins onto your ANX account, and then load it onto your card. The bitcoins will be exchanged into USD and then stored on your card.

For protection, your card comes with a PIN. I'm not sure how stuff like this works in the USA, but here in Europe you have to put in your PIN on every POS purchase.
perfect thank you for answering my questions. I am a little bit concerend as to the card not having a name on it is there a reason for this. I travel alot and use hotel services and fly alot / rent cars. How will i be able to use this card to book a hotel, get a plane ticket, or rent a car if there is no name on t they can match to my ID? I open account just now and submit verification after reading this answers and got message saying they will send me a code by mail? Is this mail coming from the USA or is it from somewhere else where we have to wait long time. I also see they offer free card if account is verified by January 31st 2015 but i see it only applies to the card that holds funds in HKD that would charge me $30 to use the ATM lol. Is there any was to get the Premium card without paying high shipping fees and what is the delivery speed between registered mail and expedited mail to the USA

byt411

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:31:56 AM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.

perfect thank you for answering my questions. I am a little bit concerend as to the card not having a name on it is there a reason for this. I travel alot and use hotel services and fly alot / rent cars. How will i be able to use this card to book a hotel, get a plane ticket, or rent a car if there is no name on t they can match to my ID? I open account just now and submit verification after reading this answers and got message saying they will send me a code by mail? Is this mail coming from the USA or is it from somewhere else where we have to wait long time. I also see they offer free card if account is verified by January 31st 2015 but i see it only applies to the card that holds funds in HKD that would charge me $30 to use the ATM lol. Is there any was to get the Premium card without paying high shipping fees and what is the delivery speed between registered mail and expedited mail to the USA

1. I don't think there would be any problem with that.
2. It comes from our offices in Hong Kong, but the delivery speed is very quick. It should take less than a week.
3. I would suggest to simply get the HKD card and upgrade the shipping to get the ANX Premium card. You can also just get the ANX Premium card, load 0.9BTC, and we will give you the card cost back.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 05:35:38 PM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.

2. It comes from our offices in Hong Kong, but the delivery speed is very quick. It should take less than a week.
3. I would suggest to simply get the HKD card and upgrade the shipping to get the ANX Premium card. You can also just get the ANX Premium card, load 0.9BTC, and we will give you the card cost back.
ok i will see what i can figure out cause noway i am dropping $300 0.9btc into something i have not tried out yet or see how will work for things like hotel rentals or airplane tickets.

byt411

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:21:12 PM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.

ok i will see what i can figure out cause noway i am dropping $300 0.9btc into something i have not tried out yet or see how will work for things like hotel rentals or airplane tickets.

You can try to ask the specific company in question. As far as I know, in the US, there are prepaid debit cards which don't have a name, and you can pay for Hotels and Airplane tickets with those, so there shouldn't be a problem.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: