Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:04:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghash.io Secrets they do not want you to know about  (Read 2215 times)
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 03:47:46 PM

Just curious if anyone got the information from OP and proved it out...?
FreeBit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:34:30 PM

The only way to 'manipulate' the price, is by either buying or selling. They'd be bonkers to buy, the consequence of that is just giving away money,  and judging by the price, clearly they are not selling in any meaningful quantity.

my conclusion, too.
i am asking, because sometimes there are not so obvious 'backdoors'.

Maybe, they've done it before, but why would they?  It just costs them money for no obvious benefit.

if the GHS-shares dont generate profit midterm (maybe for one, two months) and they dont adapt and improve efficiency, the shares will loose their market value. this will happen soon, if btc-price stays at ~300$ and difficulty increases around 10%, 15%. see calculator at bitcoinwisdom.

in this case they can buy the shares back for nearly nothing and mine for themselves. and on the longer run they will 'run' into the profitability problem by themselves.

i personally think, they have some room to lower the fees and reduce their own profits for some time. i also think, that in the very near future the btc/usd-price will start to react to all the moderate positive news of the last year.
FreeBit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:41:31 PM

Just curious if anyone got the information from OP and proved it out...?

i did not. and i dont think there would be something substantial.

this guy is to lazy to research worldwide electricity rates (most expensive rates are probably here in Germany) and his calculations dont seem correct to me.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:44:44 PM

if the GHS-shares dont generate profit midterm (maybe for one, two months) and they dont adapt and improve efficiency, the shares will loose their market value. this will happen soon, if btc-price stays at ~300$ and difficulty increases around 10%, 15%. see calculator at bitcoinwisdom.

Which isnt cex.io's problem. They sold their contracts ages ago. If net value becomes zero, it just extinguishes their dividend liability, thats a win for them, not a loss.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: