Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why my doge is going down ?  (Read 1758 times)
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:39:17 AM

dogecoin is dead
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:56:54 AM

Because Doge is joke. Nothing but a nice community effort over thing that is basically almost the same as Bitcoin. Doge will die, and it should because it's blatant plagiarism.

Lighten up, what Doge have shown is how to make it fun and educate those outside the hardcore group. I believe it won't go anywhere but its impact is undeniable.

This sums up Dogecoin well. Doge has done something no other alt with all their innovations and cool tech has done, and thats get normal people interested in crypto.

Which FAR outweighs any "innovations" that we see going on now. The name of the game is user adoption, and what people here call innovation does not equal more user adoption.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
flyingplows (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

so, the more experienced ones.. what would you suggest, i have about 1000000 doges left after some investments, what would you do with them..? invest somewhere? sell for btc? for another alt? i feel like no longer in a mood to hold them for a year after reading all this..  Roll Eyes no big deal you know, its ok ;] but i dont want to get upset if they go down and down  Wink

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:46:59 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 12:16:34 AM by EvilDave

so, the more experienced ones.. what would you suggest, i have about 1000000 doges left after some investments, what would you do with them..? invest somewhere? sell for btc? for another alt? i feel like no longer in a mood to hold them for a year after reading all this..  Roll Eyes no big deal you know, its ok ;] but i dont want to get upset if they go down and down  Wink
Doge is an inflationary currency, with no cap on total coins.......this means that mining it and selling nice fresh Doge is profitable (mostly), but that holding isn't a good idea.
The price may spike occasionally, allowing you to sell at a profit, but over the long term the value of an individual Doge (or a million) will drop.

Edited: see a few posts below......

I'd sell now (or sometime over the next few days) If you sell, then throw the resulting BTC into second generation cryptos like NXT or CounterParty.
If you like old-school: stick with BTC, try Bitmark, maybe BitcoinDark. Good assets right now are SkyNET, Coinomat and possibly StorjCoinX.
There may be is probably other good stuff out there, but the above selection I know to be good, legit projects with lots of potential.
Oh, yeah, take some SuperNET as well.......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:15:17 PM

so, the more experienced ones.. what would you suggest, i have about 1000000 doges left after some investments, what would you do with them..? invest somewhere? sell for btc? for another alt? i feel like no longer in a mood to hold them for a year after reading all this..  Roll Eyes no big deal you know, its ok ;] but i dont want to get upset if they go down and down  Wink
Doge is an inflationary currency, with no cap on total coins.......this means that mining it and selling nice fresh Doge is profitable (mostly), but that holding isn't a good idea.
The price may spike occasionally, allowing you to sell at a profit, but over the long term the value of an individual Doge (or a million) will drop.

Dogecoin and bitcoin estimated inflation rate for the next 10 years.

2015: Bitcoin: 10.00% | Dogecoin: 5.20%
2016: Bitcoin: 9.09%   | Dogecoin: 4.94%
2017: Bitcoin: 4.17%   | Dogecoin: 4.71%
2018: Bitcoin: 4.00%   | Dogecoin: 4.50%
2019: Bitcoin: 3.85%   | Dogecoin: 4.30%
2020: Bitcoin: 3.70%   | Dogecoin: 4.13%
2021: Bitcoin: 1.79%   | Dogecoin: 3.96%
2022: Bitcoin: 1.75%   | Dogecoin: 3.81%
2023: Bitcoin: 1.72%   | Dogecoin: 3.67%
2024: Bitcoin: 1.69%   | Dogecoin: 3.54%

“The goal for the currency is to keep approximately 100 billion coins in circulation - thus after 100 billion Dogecoins are created, rewards will continue at 10k each block. This will help maintain mining and stabilize the number of coins in circulation (considering lost wallets and various other ways coins may be destroyed) at 100 billion.”
https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/issues/23#issuecomment-33893149
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:22:27 PM

will it increase in value or decrease in the long term?

I think Dogecoin will be a survivor long term. The main thing we should all be focusing on now, is not only getting merchants to accept crypto, but also to begin lobbying merchants to begin paying wages in crypto. I think that's the golden ticket.

You....you my friend get it. This is what we need for all crypto's.

Ergo, my current crypto-commodity efforts. Stay tuned!
EvilDave

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:10:10 AM

@dataispower:
Thanks for the info......so there is no absolute hard cap on the Doge total, but it should remain in the neighbourhood of 100 billion, which is almost where it is now at 96 billion ?

I'll re-phrase my opinion above to:
Hell, hold it if you like. If the 100 billlion cap holds, then the value of an individual Doge will increase from now on as Doge gains market cap.

I've always liked the way Doge opened up the mainstream to crypto, but I'm definitely not a Shibe, so I'll say this very quietly : Doge 2 da Moooonnnnn!!!!!!

dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:20:18 AM

@dataispower:
Thanks for the info......so there is no absolute hard cap on the Doge total, but it should remain in the neighbourhood of 100 billion, which is almost where it is now at 96 billion ?

I'll re-phrase my opinion above to:
Hell, hold it if you like. If the 100 billlion cap holds, then the value of an individual Doge will increase from now on as Doge gains market cap.

I've always liked the way Doge opened up the mainstream to crypto, but I'm definitely not a Shibe, so I'll say this very quietly : Doge 2 da Moooonnnnn!!!!!!

Because the amount of reward is fixed the inflation rate is constantly reduced. 

We call "inflationary deflation".
  Wink
EvilDave

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:35:15 AM

We call "inflationary deflation".  Wink

Srsly ? You guys are nuts, but I like ya  Cheesy