Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 01:15:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR SALE: BitMags Escrow - Firearms Auction Website Business - TAKING OFFERS  (Read 3956 times)
bitmags (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 09:23:20 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 07:08:42 PM by bitmags

Bitmags.com is the first and only escrow-enabled, legal Bitcoin firearms auction website. We have designed a system where users can easily buy and sell guns and related items for Bitcoin (BTC). Registration is free and the site fees are very low (completely adjustable in administrator backend).  In addition to the "final value fee" for selling items, site admin can also make money off of "special listing options" such as bold, highlighted and featured listings (also completely adjustable in administrator backend).

Buyers and sellers are both protected by our automated escrow system that holds the funds until the transaction has been fully completed. Items must be received "AS DESCRIBED" in the auction before funds are released to the seller. All disputes are moderated by the BitMags Admin, whose decision is final.

The website also runs it's own bitcoind server to handle transactions locally.

BitMags Website
https://www.bitmags.com

The site software and code is fully licensed and custom. A whole lot of money was invested into building the website and escrow system. It utilizes SSL and Cloudflare with a Linux server running on DigitalOcean.

Monthly upkeep costs run $60/month for Cloudflare and the DigitalOcean server.  Included in the sale will be:

- All project files, code and graphics
- bitmags.com domain name (transferred to your own registrar)
- All administration usernames and passwords
- DigitalOcean Account
- Facebook Page
- Twitter Account
- Reddit Account

AT THIS TIME, THE WEBSITE HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN.
If you are interested in purchasing the site code/files/domain WITH NO ASSISTANCE setting it up on your own server, message me with an offer.
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:17:38 PM

Like always: Do you accept escrow?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:46:03 PM

did it get any traffic at all? can you provide analytics.

Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:39:05 PM

im open to new projects, but how much is the lowest you`ll go without knowing the traffic, visitor count, etc.

bitmags (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 07:10:55 PM

Of course, I would accept escrow with a reputable company or forum member.

Bitmags has had no advertising yet, and that is what it really needs at this point. Unfortunately, I ended up spending all of my available project funds on getting the site coded so I was unable to advertise like I had wanted to. I had initially planned on spending a few grand on advertising.

The website is still very new, as it has only been live since July 4th. With no advertising, we are at an average of about 400 visits per month over the last 4 months and there are currently 10 members signed up.  There have only been a couple sales to date, but everyone was happy and the system functioned perfectly.

With some proper advertising, the site could potentially do great things.

Regarding price, make an offer.  The worst I can say is "no".  I can tell you that there is over $10,000 invested but I do not want that to scare people away, as I am prepared to take a big loss because I am in a bind. So, make an offer and see where it takes us...
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:24:45 AM

we are at an average of about 400 visits per month over the last 4 months and there are currently 10 members signed up.
Monthly upkeep costs run $60/month for Cloudflare and the DigitalOcean server.

Why are you paying for so much? I have websites that get 4000 visits per day that run fine on the free Cloudflare plan and a $5 DO droplet.

I can tell you that there is over $10,000 invested

Invested in what?

Domain = reg fee
Software = free eCommerce script (if you paid to have this custom made, IDK what to say to you)
Accepting Bitcoin = free plugin from Bitpay/other payment processor (also why take the time and risk to run your own bitcoind instance?)
Social media accounts = free

Even if you have no idea how to set any of this up, you could easily hire a dev to get it up and running from scratch for just a few hundred dollars. I have no idea how you managed to spend $10,000 on such a simple website.
bitmags (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:10:11 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 10:52:30 PM by bitmags

we are at an average of about 400 visits per month over the last 4 months and there are currently 10 members signed up.
Monthly upkeep costs run $60/month for Cloudflare and the DigitalOcean server.

Why are you paying for so much? I have websites that get 4000 visits per day that run fine on the free Cloudflare plan and a $5 DO droplet.

I can tell you that there is over $10,000 invested

Invested in what?

Domain = reg fee
Software = free eCommerce script (if you paid to have this custom made, IDK what to say to you)
Accepting Bitcoin = free plugin from Bitpay/other payment processor (also why take the time and risk to run your own bitcoind instance?)
Social media accounts = free

Even if you have no idea how to set any of this up, you could easily hire a dev to get it up and running from scratch for just a few hundred dollars. I have no idea how you managed to spend $10,000 on such a simple website.

For one, the original script is not free.  It is paid and licensed.  But, that few hundred dollars is a drop in the bucket compared to the extensive customization that has been done.

The real investment is that the script has been completely customized with tons of code to create all of the functionality of the site's bitcoin and escrow capabilities, working EXACTLY as we want it to.  This is many months of high dollar dev work.

In case you missed the point, there is no "free script" in the world that does what this site does and no other site shares our code.

Regarding the VPS hosting and non-free cloudflare, there are two things to consider.  First, because we are running our own bitcoind service, the VPS we use has to have enough storage space to store the blockchain and then some to spare for growth.  Therefore, we are on a higher level VPS.  Secondly, we are CHOOSING to use the paid-for Cloudflare services for their DDOS protection.

Everything can be done multiple ways.  This was a high dollar project and has been treated as such.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:53:29 PM

I will check this out man. Are you still taking orders? I buy a lot of guns for bitcoin. I don't think i need a whole store though. lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bitmags (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 07:32:21 PM

I will check this out man. Are you still taking orders? I buy a lot of guns for bitcoin. I don't think i need a whole store though. lol

As Admin, I do not personally list items for sale on the site, but we are always looking for more sellers and buyers!  Items currently on the site are all firearm accessories.  I would definitely like to see more guns listed on the site for sale.

If you know people that are typically interested in selling their firearms for Bitcoin, you could do a lot with the website by getting those people to list on it and make some money.  I am taking all offers for the site!
bitmags (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 05:27:16 PM

Last chance, asking $1000 (USD or BTC).

If nobody takes this offer, then we will be shutting down the system permanently. The work involved in transferring everything to a new owner will not be worth it for less than that.
bitmags (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 07:06:17 PM

We have taken down the servers.  bitmags.com is no longer up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the website code/files/domain WITH NO ASSISTANCE setting it all up on new servers, hit me up with an offer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: