Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 06:20:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy Bitcoins securely with MasterCard EUR debit card?  (Read 2753 times)
BitcoinFreak12 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 12:34:07 AM

Hi , i just decided to buy myself some bitcoins for X-mas, i`m from Romania (European Union) and i got an EUR bank account with MasterCard debit card, and i would like to buy some bitcoins with a secure and reputable site which of course accepts clients from Romania.

I dont know how this works, because my card is for international payments so i guess it should be ok for any sites out there, but maybe some of them would not accept payments from my country, who knows.

So please tell me if somebody knows any site that is very secure and reputable and accepts payments via MC debit card in EUR (it is a must to pay with my card because i dont like bank transfers it has too big comissions)

Thanks for help!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:41:41 AM

It will be hard, i don't know such service but its hard coz risk of chargebacks
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:49:35 AM

Very true most will not want to take the risk.  As once the BTC is sent a chargeback will not bring it back.    I suggest looking asking what is a good site for EU.

I know coinbase works great with US. I opened a checking account just for BTC buying.  Keeps it where I have not linked any money I don't want to the site.
BitcoinFreak12 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 12:54:56 AM

Ok but how do you most of you guys buy bitcoin then, surely not many would use wire transfer because comissions (atleast in the EU are huge).
There are sure other payment services but i would like one without a middle man, because i dont really trust middle man type services...
So the only option would be to use credit/debit cards no?
BitcoinFreak12 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 01:40:49 AM

Very true most will not want to take the risk.  As once the BTC is sent a chargeback will not bring it back.    I suggest looking asking what is a good site for EU.

I know coinbase works great with US. I opened a checking account just for BTC buying.  Keeps it where I have not linked any money I don't want to the site.

I found this site which presumably accepts EUR and debit cards like my Master Card

https://www.247exchange.com

I quickly read its terms of agreement, and it writes there that the buyer is responsible for chargeback, and if its done i have to repay them back. Of course i have no interntion to chargeback or any other stuff i just want to get some bitcoins, thats all.

So does anyone have any information about this firm or it's credibility, please notify me Cheesy
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:09:00 AM

Maybe you can try this: http://brawker.com/
I have used it twice.

Tasroth

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:08:06 AM

Try http://www.cex.io it is cloud mining service but you can buy BTC,DOGE,LTC... with Credit Card, SEPA bank  transfer, Skrill in USD or EUR. (for credit card commission is 4% but bank transfer is commission free)
BitcoinFreak12 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 04:28:30 AM

Try http://www.cex.io it is cloud mining service but you can buy BTC,DOGE,LTC... with Credit Card, SEPA bank  transfer, Skrill in USD or EUR. (for credit card commission is 4% but bank transfer is commission free)

Ok but i use Debit Card not credit card ,it's not the same Roll Eyes

I have used it twice.

I dont know it seems complicated, i want something quick and secure Smiley
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:22:26 AM

I have used it twice.

I dont know it seems complicated, i want something quick and secure Smiley

Not that complicated. Basically you pay something to someone and he is paying you back with bitcoins.

BitcoinFreak12 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 08:36:45 AM

This is a bit of problem with bitcoin although its not bitcoins fault, that even though the bitcoins are cheap to transfer with low fees, the fact to buy them is not, so even if you hold your wealth in BTC, you still have to buy that BTC in the first place, leaving a huge amount at your greedy bank's doorstep.

Also i bet if more and more people would resolve the payment system to accept all sorts of major systems like debit cards, then the BTC would have a lot more demand than now.

I bet poor people in highly inflated regions would pick it up very fast as a currency, opposing their trash toilet paper fiat money.

A bit offtopic, but it just bugged me very much.

Please continue to give me advices, thanks   Cheesy
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:01:11 AM

Doesn't Circle now accept Euro CC's?

leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:03:49 AM

take cash from atm and use localbitcoins to buy bitcoins with cash in romania
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:13:15 AM

Circle.com is hands down the best site to buy Bitcoin with a Credit/debit card, the interface is simple and super easy to use. You can set up your account and have your Bitcoin ready within a few minutes. I know people from Australia have been using the site without issues, I'm pretty sure you should be able to use EU debit card, although I cannot say for sure. Just give it a try and find out.
You can also buy from Virwox using Paypal/Skrill but their fees are pretty steep. Enjoy your Bitcoin Xmas!  Wink
MikeCorleone

Activity: 391

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:20:49 AM

bit-x.com & cex.io both accept credit cards AFAIK.
Coef

Activity: 882

Exhausted

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:38:32 PM

If I were in your position, I would just take the money out of the debit card, deposit it in my bank account and buy bitcoin on Bitstamp with  a SEPA transfer.

shadowmoon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:45:01 AM

Try cex.io
The most trusted for buying bitcoins with credit cards

Simon8x

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:59:01 PM

Ok but how do you most of you guys buy bitcoin then, surely not many would use wire transfer because comissions (atleast in the EU are huge).
There are sure other payment services but i would like one without a middle man, because i dont really trust middle man type services...

Since you want to buy bitcoin without a middle man, why don't you use localbitcoins or the Romanian section here to find someone near you and willing to sell you some bitcoin for cash?

BitcoinFreak12 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 02:46:23 PM

Since you want to buy bitcoin without a middle man, why don't you use localbitcoins or the Romanian section here to find someone near you and willing to sell you some bitcoin for cash?

Thats a nice idea, but i want to find a reputable service, so that i can always buy bitcoins, because i want to buy larger sums later on, and i dont really trust F2F transaction with large sums, i can be robbed on the street or whatever.
...And i cant even go to the police to report the robbery because bitcoins is not recognized as currency Embarrassed

So if i just buy smaller sums and find a reputable buying place then i  can buy later larger sums there without any problem. You see my point?

BTW Guys, stop confusing credit and debit cards, they are not the same, credit cards canot be refunded while debit cards can so many businesses will not accept debit cards, just as easily as credit cards.

PS: Also i didnt bought any yet, because i`ll probably wait until X-mas ends so that the price to stabilize. Now, because there are so many promotions and bundle sales for the holidays, people rush to sell their BTC and the value could decrease even more. I`m gonna wait 3-4 more days then i`ll buy the BTC, so until then any other tips are welcome Smiley
wakka622

Activity: 476

The big fish

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:15:42 PM

I think this can help you :
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_To_Buy_Bitcoins_With_Your_Credit_Card
 Grin
conteaza

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:42:17 PM

I also can confirm this ,I successfully bought some coins with my card.
If you have some question fell free to PM me I'm also romanian  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: