Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:49:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☆★☆ Crypto Ball is Getting a MAJOR Upgrade ☆★☆  (Read 7470 times)
CryptoBall.io (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 09:27:02 AM

So it looks like the Grand Opening happened and the same month the site closed.
RIP CryptoBall

Should we play "TAPS" or "Another one bites the dust"?

*Just when i was going to start making predictions too  Cry

Hi Shattered,
Hope you're well and looking forward to a prosperous 2015.

Whilst we appreciate the sentiment of choosing funeral music, Crypto Ball is about as far away from RIP as possible.  A closer analogy would be to liken us to a new born - whilst we are likely to trip and stumble as we learn to walk, we have a lifetime ahead of us.

Crypto Ball is the beginning of a series of projects that seek to explore collective intel and crowd wisdom in crypto markets.  We're very well funded and as such have the luxury of moving at a more organic pace.

Bitcoinexp has indeed been in touch with the team and is correct in saying December was a beta launch of sorts (more alpha/beta in reality).  We've taken the feedback we received and are now close to launching a major update to the site.  Over the next 2-3 months we'll continue to finesse the site, hoping to be at full steam come June.

Hope this clears things up... oh, and for what's it's worth, we much prefer "TAPS" - much more integrity wouldn't you say?  Wink

Crypto Ball - Collective Intel for Crypto
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:29:03 AM

C o l l e c t i v e   I n t e l l i g e n c e   f o r   C r y p t o
We offer BTCBTCBTC rewards for accurate predictions of Bitcoin price and provide the aggregated prediction data to help traders make better trades.
Collective intel is used on the stock market - we're bringing it to Crypto!

Updated Crypto Ball NOW LIVE!

Check out the top of the thread for info on our major upgrade and get stuck in over at

Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:00:03 AM

C o l l e c t i v e   I n t e l l i g e n c e   f o r   C r y p t o
We offer BTCBTCBTC rewards for accurate predictions of Bitcoin price and provide the aggregated prediction data to help traders make better trades.

Check out the top of the thread for info on our major upgrade and get stuck in over at

[As i write this, TAPS plays in the background]

Skimmed thru your new site (out of boredom) and something doesnt seem right:
You said the site is currently "live" so one can assume that the numbers in the green boxes on the calender represent current predictions by real people.

So, someone(or several real people) was actually dumb enough to make 19 predictions for Wed Feb 4th already??? The day before there is only 1 prediction and Sunday Feb 1st only has 1 prediction also?Huh

If someone was that insightful why would they not make predictions for every day leading up to Wed or limit their predictions to within 48hrs from now?
There is no logical reason for someone or a few people, to make random guesses on the price of BTC a week from now just to split a .19 BTC prize pool of which(if im reading your pay table correctly) will only yield 50% of the entire advertised pool anyway??

So 19 people/predictions are fighting over an actual total .095 pot?
What does first place get, if no one else makes any more predictions for that date & time, .05 BTC?

Im honestly not trying to troll, this is pretty interesting....but i think something just doesnt add up here.
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:56:05 AM

You said the site is currently "live" so one can assume that the numbers in the green boxes on the calender represent current predictions by real people.

So, someone(or several real people) was actually dumb enough to make 19 predictions for Wed Feb 4th already??? The day before there is only 1 prediction and Sunday Feb 1st only has 1 prediction also?Huh

If someone was that insightful why would they not make predictions for every day leading up to Wed or limit their predictions to within 48hrs from now?
There is no logical reason for someone or a few people, to make random guesses on the price of BTC a week from now just to split a .19 BTC prize pool of which(if im reading your pay table correctly) will only yield 50% of the entire advertised pool anyway??

What does first place get, if no one else makes any more predictions for that date & time, .05 BTC?

Im honestly not trying to troll, this is pretty interesting....but i think something just doesnt add up here.

[As i write this, Beautiful by Christina Aguilera plays in the background Wink ]

Hi again Shattered, great to see you’re interested, albeit a little skeptical.  Whilst we simply don’t know what’s going through the minds of our customers as they make predictions, we can at least use our greater experience of the project to draw a few theories…

Firstly, the Prediction total for 4th Feb 00:00 BTC/USD is actually 12 not 19 - so not as many people as you thought have been quite so brave/foolish (you decide).

Secondly, we’ve preloaded some Pots with more than others - for now there’s either 0.1, 0.15 or 0.2 BTC.  Whilst the amounts aren’t out of this world, the 0.2 is still double 0.1 and we’d suspect this is significant enough to sway people toward Predicting on those Sessions, even if they are slightly further in the future.

Thirdly, Predictions are now bought in packs of 5, 10 or 25, at a price of 0.04, 0.05 and 0.09, meaning they come in at a cost of 0.008, 0.005 and 0.0036, respectively.  Given that the preloaded Pot for 4th Feb 00:00 BTC/USD was 0.15 BTC and the current total is 0.1932 BTC, we can deduce that the BTC from paid Predictions is 0.0432 BTC.  If we then divide that by the total number of Predictions (12), we get 0.0036 BTC.

This means that the people who predicted on this Session bought a 25 pack of Preds.  And given there are no Preds beyond this date, we can only conclude that these people used the their other Preds on previous days, including in all likelihood, the 3 Sessions on 31st (which total 52 Preds) and the two 0.2 BTC Pot Sessions on 2nd (which total 56 Preds).

Furthermore, the Predictors box shows us there are only 3 Predictors for 4th Feb 00:00 BTC/USD, giving each an average of 4 Preds, meaning they must have used the vast majority of their Preds on an earlier date.  Maybe these were their last few Preds and they thought they’d be a little more adventurous with them, especially given there are no longer ties - first move gets the prize.

Of course we could have just told you all this without the detective work, but that wouldn’t be fair on those Predictors.  Instead, we opted to use only information available to our customers.  If you get into the game there’s all sorts you can discover and many a tactic you can adopt.

As we said earlier, we don’t actually know what are customers are thinking, but it seems they have more of a strategy than you initially posited.

ENOUGH WITH ALL THIS TALK  Wink  WHY DON’T WE GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE FISRT HAND WHICH STRATEGY IS BEST.

If you’d like, we’ll give you 5 FREE PREDICTIONS for EVERY WEEKDAY NEXT WEEK!  If you think you have a better strategy than the current users, then here’s you chance to sweep up the winnings for a whole week.

THAT’S 25 FREE PREDICTIONS!  If you get 1st every Session at even the current Pot totals, that’s 0.89527579 BTC and it won’t have cost you a satoshi.

If you’re interested, just send us a private message and we’ll give you instructions from there…

On a side note, 25 Predictions only cost 0.09 BTC, so even if you had to buy them, the winnings are pretty good going.  And the bigger the Pot the better they get Smiley

All the Best

Shattered

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:51:02 AM

[As i write this, Beautiful by Christina Aguilera plays in the background Wink ]

Hi again Shattered, great to see you’re interested, albeit a little skeptical.  Whilst we simply don’t know what’s going through the minds of our customers as they make predictions, we can at least use our greater experience of the project to draw a few theories…

Firstly, the Prediction total for 4th Feb 00:00 BTC/USD is actually 12 not 19 - so not as many people as you thought have been quite so brave/foolish (you decide).

Secondly, we’ve preloaded some Pots with more than others - for now there’s either 0.1, 0.15 or 0.2 BTC.  Whilst the amounts aren’t out of this world, the 0.2 is still double 0.1 and we’d suspect this is significant enough to sway people toward Predicting on those Sessions, even if they are slightly further in the future.

Thirdly, Predictions are now bought in packs of 5, 10 or 25, at a price of 0.04, 0.05 and 0.09, meaning they come in at a cost of 0.008, 0.005 and 0.0036, respectively.  Given that the preloaded Pot for 4th Feb 00:00 BTC/USD was 0.15 BTC and the current total is 0.1932 BTC, we can deduce that the BTC from paid Predictions is 0.0432 BTC.  If we then divide that by the total number of Predictions (12), we get 0.0036 BTC.

This means that the people who predicted on this Session bought a 25 pack of Preds.  And given there are no Preds beyond this date, we can only conclude that these people used the their other Preds on previous days, including in all likelihood, the 3 Sessions on 31st (which total 52 Preds) and the two 0.2 BTC Pot Sessions on 2nd (which total 56 Preds).

Furthermore, the Predictors box shows us there are only 3 Predictors for 4th Feb 00:00 BTC/USD, giving each an average of 4 Preds, meaning they must have used the vast majority of their Preds on an earlier date.  Maybe these were their last few Preds and they thought they’d be a little more adventurous with them, especially given there are no longer ties - first move gets the prize.

Of course we could have just told you all this without the detective work, but that wouldn’t be fair on those Predictors.  Instead, we opted to use only information available to our customers.  If you get into the game there’s all sorts you can discover and many a tactic you can adopt.

As we said earlier, we don’t actually know what are customers are thinking, but it seems they have more of a strategy than you initially posited.

ENOUGH WITH ALL THIS TALK  Wink  WHY DON’T WE GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE FISRT HAND WHICH STRATEGY IS BEST.

If you’d like, we’ll give you 5 FREE PREDICTIONS for EVERY WEEKDAY NEXT WEEK!  If you think you have a better strategy than the current users, then here’s you chance to sweep up the winnings for a whole week.

THAT’S 25 FREE PREDICTIONS!  If you get 1st every Session at even the current Pot totals, that’s 0.89527579 BTC and it won’t have cost you a satoshi.

If you’re interested, just send us a private message and we’ll give you instructions from there…

On a side note, 25 Predictions only cost 0.09 BTC, so even if you had to buy them, the winnings are pretty good going.  And the bigger the Pot the better they get Smiley

All the Best

I will call your bluff and accept the free 25 predictions.
I would also like to sweeten the deal. Since im the skeptical one, whatever i win for that week i will donate 50% to local homeless people here in my city.

I will only ask that they pose for a pic with me while im holding a Crypto Ball sign.
I will post the winning pics in this thread.

It will be a win win win situation for all those involved.
Sending you a PM now.
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 11:10:45 PM

ENOUGH WITH ALL THIS TALK  Wink  WHY DON’T WE GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE FISRT HAND WHICH STRATEGY IS BEST.

If you’d like, we’ll give you 5 FREE PREDICTIONS for EVERY WEEKDAY NEXT WEEK!  If you think you have a better strategy than the current users, then here’s you chance to sweep up the winnings for a whole week.

THAT’S 25 FREE PREDICTIONS!  If you get 1st every Session at even the current Pot totals, that’s 0.89527579 BTC and it won’t have cost you a satoshi.

On a side note, 25 Predictions only cost 0.09 BTC, so even if you had to buy them, the winnings are pretty good going.  And the bigger the Pot the better they get Smiley

All the Best

I would also like to sweeten the deal. Since im the skeptical one, whatever i win for that week i will donate 50% to local homeless people here in my city.

I will only ask that they pose for a pic with me while im holding a Crypto Ball sign.

Sending you a PM now.

There's no bluff here - we're delighted you're taking up our offer!  But onto more something far more wonderful, you're honourable, gracious and truly kind offer to share your winnings with the homeless in your area - we commend you for your generosity  Cheesy

We'll get back to your PM now with the details.

CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 11:59:03 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 02:54:26 AM by CryptoBall.io

Sending you a PM now.

There's no bluff here - we're delighted you're taking up our offer!  But onto more something far more wonderful, you're honourable, gracious and truly kind offer to share your winnings with the homeless in your area - we commend you for your generosity  Cheesy

We'll get back to your PM now with the details.

Given Shattered's generosity, we've lifted the restriction that their Preds need to be placed over 5 days, instead allowing them to placed anywhere in Feb - this way they can try for some of those larger preloaded Pots coming up later in the month, e.g Thu 12th which has two 0.3 BTC preloaded Pots and Friday 20th which has two 0.25 BTC preloaded Pots.

Good luck to you Shattered, we truly do wish you all the very Best  Smiley

CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 04:23:12 AM

Check out THURSDAY 12th FEBRUARY for our most popular Sessions of 2015.  There's some decent BTC to be won.

Shattered is playing for the homeless in their area - maybe you have a good cause you'd like to play for... let us know Smiley

Also, you can now see Proof of Predictions from our Calendar. Click the link from the Preview once the Session is closed, but before Results are in.

AND, check back soon for an EXCLUSIVE bitcointalk PROMO you won't want to miss.

Warmest Wishes

Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:23:02 AM

Please reply to my PM asap.
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 02:35:30 PM

Hey Watoshi-Dimobuto, we've sent you back a message, hopefully you're happy with the result Smiley

Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:05:51 AM

Hey Watoshi-Dimobuto, we've sent you back a message, hopefully you're happy with the result Smiley

ty, I am very happy with Cryptoball.io. Awesome game and cool support.

+1
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 08:25:22 AM

M E G A   P R O M O T I O N   C O M I N G   V E R Y   S O O N !   . . .

Warmest Wishes

CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 03:59:02 AM by CryptoBall.io

☆★☆  MEGA PROMO NOW ON!  ☆★☆
☆★☆ EDIT:  Check out the post below for COMPLETELY FREE PREDS worth 0.06BTC!!!  ☆★☆
☆★☆  We’ve ALSO got 1000 Discount Codes worth 0.01BTC, 0.02BTC, & 0.04BTC  ☆★☆

Check out the details below to claim your FREE PREDS & DISCOUNT CODES.

As if the Codes weren't enough, we’ve also PreLoaded EVERY Pot in March - that means more to win from the get go.

To get your DISCOUNT CODE, all you need to do is get your self over to Crypto Ball and buy one of the Prediction Packs below, then post your Username here on this thread and we’ll send you a unique code loaded with the corresponding value:

buy 10 Preds GET 0.01 BTC Discount Code
buy 25 Preds GET 0.02 BTC Discount Code
buy 50 Preds GET 0.04 BTC Discount Code

You can use your DISCOUNT CODE anytime during March 2015 and you don't have to use it all at once. PLUS there’s no limit as to how many Codes you can receive.
You cannot claim a Discount Code on a purchase which uses a previous Discount Code

Warmest Wishes

Shattered

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:35:12 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 10:14:55 AM by Shattered

I just wanted to point out that my initial opinion about CryptoBall could not have been more wrong.
Quite frankly, im embarrassed when reading my first few posts in this thread.

I feel compelled to point out, the customer service they provide is like no other i have ever experienced.

Im excited to be an active participant in the price prediction contests they offer, and look forward to helping promote a site like the one they run.

CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 01:58:44 AM

I just wanted to point out that my initial opinion about CryptoBall could not have been more wrong.
Quite frankly, im embarrassed when reading my first few posts in this thread.

I feel compelled to point out, the customer service they provide is like no other i have ever experienced.

Im excited to be an active participant in the price predictions contests they offer, and look forward to helping promote a site like the one they run.

Why Thank You Shattered, very kind words indeed.  We do take customer service very seriously, in part because we believe it's the cornerstone of any good business, but also because Crypto is still very much the wild west of money.  We want to demonstrate to our customers that we know their best interests are key to our success.  We look to action this principal in all that we do and will continue to do so however big Crypto Ball gets.

And on that note, spurred by Shattered's good nature, we're making an extra special extension to our PROMO ...

WE'RE GIVING AWAY 500 PREDICTIONS - ABSOLUTELY FREE - NO PURCHASE REQUIRED!!!

The FREE Preds are available in packs of 10
So that's 50 PACKS OF 10 PREDS - FOR FREE!
Each pack is worth 0.06 BTC and it won't cost you a Satoshi

To claim your 10 FREE PREDS, simply post the Username you'd like to use on Crypto Ball here on our thread and we'll send you a PM with details of how to get your 10x Pred Code.  Remember, there's no purchase necessary for this special batch of Free Preds and there's only 50 to GIVE AWAY, so get posting your Usernames before they're all gone.

What's more, we'll add the value of your Free Preds to the Pot as though you paid for them.
More BTCBTCBTC to be won for all!!

HAPPY PREDICTING

Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:03:41 AM

Bitcoinexp.
Don't understand why no-one has snatched the codes yet. They are basically giving away free money. All it takes is some basic price chart analysis or strategies and a look at their site... So far, i think i've gotten close to 1 bitcoin from the predictions, most of the time spending next to nothing to predict. Really guys! You're missing out on this.
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:14:48 AM

Just claimed the 10 free preds. Was real excited to place my predictions. Everything went without a hitch. Smooth.  Grin
CryptoBall.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:47:12 AM

Just claimed the 10 free preds. Was real excited to place my predictions. Everything went without a hitch. Smooth.  Grin

Great to hear Bitcoinexp  Smiley

Who else is up for 10 FREE PREDS.  Just post the Username you'll use on Crypto Ball in this thread and we'll PM you with the details...

bobbo54113

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:19:02 AM

bobbo54113 is username ill use
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile