December 15, 2014, 02:13:11 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 12:12:56 AM by Devin Chow

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:06:39 AM

I think that bears are primarily bears because they fundamentally trust our current system.

Being a bear for them is a way to protect their current investments as they feel Bitcoin is both a scam and at the same time a threat. So they bash because it helps them feel like they are not just standing idle while their retirement accounts become worthless.

Ultimately, Bears will all become bulls eventually, they know too much about Bitcoin to not start buying it when things really start to accelerate.

There will be no bears from $1000 to $10000, then they will come back again in full force.

Even with a mature market we will have bears, look at gold, there are plenty of haters on gold and it is the worlds oldest investment.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:38:00 AM

...or we are resourceful people who did our due diligence and concluded that bitcoin is currently a crap investment.

Says the guy who post on bitcointalk forum for more than a year.

bitcodo

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:52:32 AM

Sometimes it seems that the biggest bear trolls are the biggest BTC holders. With their writing they want to shift market to final lowest bubble stage and quickly finish with this bear market.  Cheesy
yomofo

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:41:35 AM

lol idiot

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:06:39 AM

It is currently the bulls that lose money.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:17:40 AM

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that this is true for most bears. Why does this matter, precisely? How does this counter the general price trend or prospects for adoption which are dwindling? Yes, many people got burnt by bucket shop exchanges and manipulation such that they no longer believe in the prospects of Bitcoin -- the brand has been tarred even if cryptos proceed to be successful. Thanks for noticing, I guess?

Seriously, this is counter to your own position... you realize that, right?
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2212
Merit: 536

Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:28:55 AM

leverage is everywhere, you always tempted to try if you see it when you are trading on one exchange

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:24:25 AM

Bulls are allowed to short too you know  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:47:57 AM

Bulls are allowed to short too you know  Wink

Defining a bull as someone who never sells is as extreme as defining a bear as someone who never buys.
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:12:10 PM

In conclusion: Don't leverage, just hold.

Only on Bitcointalk is it possible to find a thread where someone pronounces that those who have been negative about the prospects for the price of an investment would have been better off buying and holding, as we come to the end of a year where prices have fallen steadily by 70%!!!!

And what's even more nuts, is that most people who read my statement above will think I'm an idiot, and just don't get it!
Newbie1022

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:20:50 PM

Only on Bitcointalk is it possible to find a thread where someone pronounces that those who have been negative about the prospects for the price of an investment would have been better off buying and holding, as we come to the end of a year where prices have fallen steadily by 70%!!!!

And what's even more nuts, is that most people who read my statement above will think I'm an idiot, and just don't get it!

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? Roll Eyes Shocked Don't you know that they aren't losses if you hodl and don't sell. I'm never selling my coins... ever. I'll just jack off to their infinite value every now and then. I mean, f--- the market... they just don't get it... they don't realize how cool these things are. They are each worth a million dollars. I'm the richest man in the world with all of these million dollar coins. This isn't money, man... this is wealth. Bullish as fuck, bro.

Bahahahahaha
Newbie1022

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:24:01 PM

Sell-off on Huobi... cheap coins... bullish as fuck... this is going to increase BTC adoption by ^100,000,000

zby
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:03:10 PM

Defining a bull as someone who never sells is as extreme as defining a bear as someone who never buys.

Bull and bear are temporal definitions - if someone is not interested in a market he is not a bear - but an outside observer. Bear is someone who currently is not holding the asset (or is shorting it) - but plans to buy it later. Bulls that hold shorts are just stupid (I guess there could be a legitimate scenario where someone was betting on volatility and holding both the asset and shorts on it - but it does not make sense in our setup).
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:17:33 PM

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? Roll Eyes Shocked Don't you know that they aren't losses if you hodl and don't sell. I'm never selling my coins... ever. I'll just jack off to their infinite value every now and then. I mean, f--- the market... they just don't get it... they don't realize how cool these things are. They are each worth a million dollars. I'm the richest man in the world with all of these million dollar coins. This isn't money, man... this is wealth. Bullish as fuck, bro.

Bahahahahaha

FUD masterbater in full effect. When you catch a Perma-Troll jacking off to their own anti-bitcoin mantras ON A BITCOIN THREAD, it's perfect timing for introducing them to your ignore list
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:27:53 PM

Bull and bear are temporal definitions - if someone is not interested in a market he is not a bear - but an outside observer. Bear is someone who currently is not holding the asset (or is shorting it) - but plans to buy it later. Bulls that hold shorts are just stupid (I guess there could be a legitimate scenario where someone was betting on volatility and holding both the asset and shorts on it - but it does not make sense in our setup).

You can be bearish short to midterm but still bullish longterm. Its not mutually exckusive and can be incredible profitable Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
zby
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:22:03 PM

You can be bearish short to midterm but still bullish longterm. Its not mutually exckusive and can be incredible profitable Smiley
But in this case you don't hold the asset now - because you can buy it later for less (which means you are not a bull now).
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

You guys honestly would be better off on Yahoo Answers trying to convince 15 year old girls that, "Yeah..pregnancy definitely causes herpes. Your 15yo boyfriend has AIDS...don't have sex with him!"

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:13:08 PM

I don't know I bought in this time last year and I'm not raging like fewcoins. I just keep getting more BTC looking at it like a buying opportunity. Maybe it's because I didn't go all in, and I dollar cost average by buying some every month.

riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:17:29 PM

Lots of people on this forum have lost money in 2014, some of them small fortunes. Some large fortunes. Of these, there are two types of people:

1) "Bears" -- people who realized it was bubble backed on little more than enthusiasm, and not much else. Some acknowledge that the price could rise again, but for now they're out of the game until something changes.

2) "Bulls" -- also lost a ton of money, but it's all on paper, so in their minds it's not a real loss yet. Instead, they just keep holding or buying even more, and convince themselves that it will be all okay... eventually they will realize that they were suckered and should have put them money into an index fund or elsewhere.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: