Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is definitely the future.  (Read 1718 times)
chaoman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:10:28 PM

Yes the price is down. Who cares? Look at the intrinsic value of the technology we are heralding.

A few weeks ago I had to send some money to a friend in Florida. I sent him 100$ and moneygram took 11.50 out of that.

Anybody who knows anything about bitcoin can see the obvious advantages of bitcoin. It will simply take time for the masses to get educated. Once that happens the revolution will happen overnight. One day the price will be floating at say 350, and the next it will skyrocket. All the shorters will lose tons of money and miss the historic rise.

This is called a tipping point. Now ask yourself, which side of the tipping point do you want to be on? Do you want to bet against bitcoin and make a paltry amount of devaluing fiat, or do you want to join the ranks of bitcoiners who will have the keys to the future?
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:16:39 PM

I transferred £100 from the UK to Mexico last week, using Xpay, and they charged me 50p transaction fee with a 2% spread, so my total cost was £1.50.

You got ripped off.

Bitcoin transfer would be significantly more expensive that what I paid.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:26:25 PM

I transferred £100 from the UK to Mexico last week, using Xpay, and they charged me 50p transaction fee with a 2% spread, so my total cost was £1.50.

You got ripped off.

Yes, but does Xpay tickle your balls with speculative allure? I think not. Clearly, you are the one who got ripped off.  Roll Eyes
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:27:23 PM

A few weeks ago I had to send some money to a friend in Florida. I sent him 100$ and moneygram took 11.50 out of that.

You sure got some broke-ass friends...  Why didn't you send Bitcoin instead?
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:14:07 PM

You got ripped off.

That's a flat out lie.  Unless Xpay was paying you to make the transaction then you are just spreading FUD.  Meet my ignore list
chaoman (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:18:57 PM

He wasn't a bitcoiner. Bitcoin will be atleast 2000 by the end of 2015, mark my words.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:42:53 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 04:53:55 PM by NotLambchop

You sure got some broke-ass friends...  Why didn't you send Bitcoin instead?

He wasn't a bitcoiner. Bitcoin will be atleast 2000 by the end of 2015, mark my words.

You missed an opportunity to turn him on to Bitcoin--the fastest, cheapest way to send money Bitcoin Sad
ravenjt

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:51:28 PM

You got ripped off.

That's a flat out lie.  Unless Xpay was paying you to make the transaction then you are just spreading FUD.  Meet my ignore list

You've ignored me now, but in case you haven't, the website is:
https://www.xendpay.com
(sorry, I meant xendpay rather than xpay).
They explain all of their charges very clearly on the website.
Those were the charges they applied to my transaction.

If only you hadn't ignored me, you could save yourself money in the future!!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

Yes the price is down. Who cares? Look at the intrinsic value of the technology we are heralding.
That is what I look at.

You got ripped off.

So you paid 1.5 pounds for the transfer, I think? That is Wayyyy more than what it would have cost to send BTC. Which would have been around 3 pence.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:01:23 PM

Yes yes yes, and turtles can fly. Pure speculation, not backed up by any facts.
ravenjt

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:01:41 PM

That is what I look at.

You got ripped off.

So you paid 1.5 pounds for the transfer, I think? That is Wayyyy more than what it would have cost to send BTC. Which would have been around 3 pence.

That's right, I paid 1.5 pounds, or 1.5%.
I thought BTC would be cheaper too, but then I would have to pay fees at the Mexico end too. Big fees.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:08:06 PM

I thought BTC would be cheaper too, but then I would have to pay fees at the Mexico end too. Big fees.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what fees you mean? The cost of turning them into Pesos in Mexico? The only fee in the bitcoin network is the Tx fee. That is a voluntary fee that you should pay and the suggested amount is 0.0001BTC per kb. or about $0.04USD. Any other fees are being charged by...? I don't know?

There is absolutely no cheaper way to send money around the world than bitcoin. Perhaps the wallet service you use is charging you or something?

ravenjt

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Hmmm. I'm not sure what fees you mean? The cost of turning them into Pesos in Mexico? The only fee in the bitcoin network is the Tx fee. That is a voluntary fee that you should pay and the suggested amount is 0.0001BTC per kb. or about $0.04USD. Any other fees are being charged by...? I don't know?

There is absolutely no cheaper way to send money around the world than bitcoin. Perhaps the wallet service you use is charging you or something?

It's the spreads. They just seem to be enormous with MXN. Check out these buggers, they're like 12% spreads!
https://localbitcoins.com/country/MX

The question is: how do you transfer into MXN without being hit by a massive spread?
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:30:03 PM

There is absolutely no cheaper way to send money Bitcoin around the world than bitcoin...

FTFY Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:00:09 PM

It's the spreads. They just seem to be enormous with MXN. Check out these buggers, they're like 12% spreads!
https://localbitcoins.com/country/MX

The question is: how do you transfer into MXN without being hit by a massive spread?

Oh I see, it's the price your buying BTC at. 12% is ugly.  Undecided
I don't know much about other buying options in Mexico. This has been a long term issue in the US also. However I would expect more competition in the future and more exchange options. That is what happened here and every year I find a better, more reliable and cheaper option. Unfortunately the price is outside of the bitcoin protocol, which only has a tiny fee for the transfer. What you need is a better dealer. 

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:56:41 PM

The problem is how are you supossed to send Bitcoin to a person that isn't a Bitcoin and doesnt know how to use it ? They have to learn first.
chaoman (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

What is the name of this subforum?
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:14:55 PM

What is the name of this subforum?

I think we need a speculation sub-subforum for these kinds of discussions because clearly just one level of speculation recursion is not enough.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:53:51 PM

Bitcoin's great for sending money abroad provided you don't get ripped off changing it into fiat. What kind of fees do bitcoin ATM operators charge? If there was a cheap one in every city centre nobody would use bureaux de changes or Western Union to take or send money abroad.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 01:09:18 AM

The technology behind bitcoin is the future and is here to stay forever. The start-ups being created right now will move actual assets way better than BTC anyway...
Read some SEC s-1 forms and get back to me about bitcoin in 2015
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: