Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:08:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GAW-Miners][XPY] Paycoin ( 40 Phash now.. )  (Read 1158 times)
manfred87 (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:52:05 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 11:09:35 PM by manfred87

surprisingly nobody seems to be talking about this here.. there is a new coin since 36 hours.. let's talk here only about the mineable coin itself.. paycoin and gaw is a topic itself ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670 ) so let's collect the facts

Name   Paycoin
Symbol / Tag   XPY
Website   https://paycoin.com/
Github / Source Code   https://github.com/GAWMiners/paycoin
Forum   https://hashtalk.org/
Client Version   v0.1.2.0-ge3c013c
Get Info RPC
Version: v0.1.2.10-ge3c013c
Protocol Version: 60004
Wallet Version: 60000
Hash Algorithm   SHA-256
Proof-of-Work Scheme   Proof-of-Work/Proof-of-Stake
Coins to be Issued   12,500,000
Block Time   1.00 minute(s)
Block Reward   49.00 coins
Difficulty Retarget   1 blocks

so do you think it's woth participating?
Penny Pincher XPP

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:26:41 PM

To make quick BTC yeah but I see another scam with XPY...PAY CRAP!

Make BTC every hour click here: https://www.btc-i24.com/connect-bitman15
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:37:13 PM

The thing I don't get about the coin and maybe someone can explain it to me is the incredible hyper-inflation this coin has built into it.

It's going to go from 12 million coins to 1.2 billions coins over 15 years. Am I understanding that correctly? Through staking.

That just seems like dooming the coin to 1 satoshi right there. There's no way it can hold its value. It's gonna make doge look like gold by comparison.

You got it right. When I raised the issue over at HT with the pre-mining of 12,000,000 out of the 12,500,000 Paycoins in the PoW stage, most of the True Believers countered that 12,000,000 is peanuts compared the the 1.2 Billion Paycoins that will be issued, so by their logic the "pre-mining" is a big yawn.

The argument is kind of like saying "Don't worry about the $17 trillion dollar national debt, we are going to print 100,000 trillion new dollars to pay it so it won't matter one bit."

The reason I don’t worry about 12 million premine is because you should have expected it. They are running this closer to an IPO meaning most coins early on will be from people who paid for their coins. This will help “protect” the investors in this case. You want people that had to pay for the coins to be major holders because they are less likely to dump for a loss early on. Miners on the other hand dump to cover their cost of mining. So with this part I see no problem. As long as all the coins go to their respective investor. Now of course you have to believe GAW a lot on this. You have to believe these coins were actually bought by outside investors and that they are not just split into a bunch of GAW addresses where they are going to sell them off before HP customers get theirs.

I am just trying to imagine the sales pitch Garza gave investors:

BIG INVESTOR WHALE
Okay, so if I understand correctly. You are going to give me 1.25 million paycoins and an Orion controller for $1.5 million. What will my investment be used for?

GARZA
Your money will b the wall. We are fixin the price of paycoin at $20. That means you are making 20X on your investmint!

BIG INVESTOR WHALE
WTF!? My money will be used as a wall to hold up the price? Aren't all those little worms on your site getting paycoins for $4 a piece? Those greedy bastards will take a 4X profit immediately and wipe out my whole investment!

GARZA
No, u don't undestand. They do exactly what I want! They will be buying paycoins off the site for $25 to put in our hashtakers. The wall will never be touched cause my minions will hype the coin and support the coin outta their pockits. They have no choose cause many of em have their life savings in gaw.

BIG INVESTOR WHALE
It sounds like a ponzi scheme to me.

GARZA
You will be out and lving on the beaches of belize long before they figure that out my friend!

BIG INVESTOR WHALE
Hey what exactly is an Orion Controller anyway?

GARZA
Well, it's actually just an excel spreadsheet: OrionController1.xls. We can rename it whatever you want though. Even give it a cool icon. Just let me know. So what you say? You ready to breed the bull!?

BIG INVESTOR WHALE
What the hell are you saying? You want me to fuck a bull? No. No. Are you high!?

GARZA
I'm high on life friend! You want me to release the Kraken?! I will. I have one special orion controller. It's a little more expensive, but it's called: LegendaryOrionController1.xls. What u say!?

BIG INVESTOR WHALE
Stop unzipping your pants fucking sicko! No I won't invest in your ponzi scheme! Goodbye!

GARZA
Don't go. You haven't heard about the features yet! ROI 2.0 and unlimited upward trend flex technology! Shit, lost another one boys. Better start thinking of new ways to screw over those gaw miner suckers again! Who says you can't milk a dead cow!?

jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:12:59 AM

At least some guys made nice profits renting their SHA256 hashrate at Nicehash (up to +1000%).
manfred87 (OP)

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:45:24 AM

And they dissipate around 10% of the sha256 hashing-power. good for bitcoin-mining!
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:20:10 AM

The coin is no scam, is backed by real assets and has a bright future. Thats why noone in this scamcoin board here is talking about.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:27:46 PM

The coin is no scam, is backed by real assets and has a bright future. Thats why noone in this scamcoin board here is talking about.

define assets

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Bansheroom

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:40:23 PM

define assets

Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value and that is held to have positive economic value is considered an asset. Simply stated, assets represent value of ownership that can be converted into cash (although cash itself is also considered an asset)

their last confirmed order from bitmaintech was 5 PH alone, and thats only miners.
they have also 30 million $ cash to back the coins value.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
edward_cullen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:27:40 PM

I'm very skeptical, GAW has been involved in fishy things in the past. The volume on coin-swap is obviously manipulation and I wouldn't be surprised if the mining hash rates were not manipulation either. They did a pretty poor job of cloning Peercoin if has such a bright future.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:05:28 AM

I'm very skeptical, GAW has been involved in fishy things in the past.

Care to elaborate? What were those "fishy things"?

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Bansheroom

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:34:57 AM

I'm very skeptical, GAW has been involved in fishy things in the past. The volume on coin-swap is obviously manipulation and I wouldn't be surprised if the mining hash rates were not manipulation either. They did a pretty poor job of cloning Peercoin if has such a bright future.

Sorry but this is not true. Neither is or was or is GaW involved in phishy things, nor is the volume manipulated.
Lol hashrates manipulated - learn about crypto BASICS first before posting again :-).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: