Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoExchange's useless API  (Read 1224 times)
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 10:22:59 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2012, 10:18:58 PM by eldentyrell

I just wanted to note that CryptoXChange is still the only exchange that does not allow BTC withdrawals via API (among the exchanges that allow API trading).

The following other exchanges have this feature: MtGox, Intersango, Bitfloor, Bitstamp, Kapiton, CampBX.

I've been asking them for this feature for about six months now.  Cryptoexchange is the only exchange that forces you to use their website for BTC withdrawals.  Oh yeah, and they also have the slowest, most difficult-to-use website of all the exchanges.

CryptoExchange: please get with the program.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 09:16:15 AM

Hellooooooo???

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:23:09 AM

isn't this a nice and easy-to-implement security feature?
of course mtgox like api keys are the way to go...
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 02:57:26 AM

Anybody home?

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1136
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 05:20:45 AM

Well it works ok for me so I don't really see your problem.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:53:57 AM

Maybe they want CryptoXchange to be as bad as Gox, and bot trade it to death.

Probably the wider issue (and it is not just crypto that has it) is easily extracting currency.
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 10:16:31 PM

and bot trade it to death.

You do realize, don't you, that a lot of the time when you're trading with a bot on one exchange you're really trading with a human on another exchange via an arbitrage mediated by the bot?

I guess if you want to have your little walled-off exchange that is an island unto itself, fine, but I think you're alone in that desire.  If you want that, use litecoin.

Probably the wider issue (and it is not just crypto that has it) is easily extracting currency.

Yes, that's an issue too, but unlike BTC-withdrawal-via-API it is caused by the brokenness of the banking system as a whole rather than the brokenness of one particular exchange's operators.

mxxx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 01:12:54 AM

there's a few shortcomings in the cryptoxchange api.  i can't even work out how to pull down the list of my trades. 

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:14:34 AM

and bot trade it to death.

You do realize, don't you, that a lot of the time when you're trading with a bot on one exchange you're really trading with a human on another exchange via an arbitrage mediated by the bot?

I guess if you want to have your little walled-off exchange that is an island unto itself, fine, but I think you're alone in that desire.  If you want that, use litecoin.

Yes, that's an issue too, but unlike BTC-withdrawal-via-API it is caused by the brokenness of the banking system as a whole rather than the brokenness of one particular exchange's operators.

Sorry I did not see your post earlier, because there was something else I wanted to add.  I notice the $350,000 loss over on bitcoinica was (apparently) an api hack.  Perhaps Crypto are happy with being different.  It's still a pain extracting funds, but it still works.

Also, for clarification, I don't use bots (I must be too stupid), and I like the exchanges I use and arbitrage, but mostly just cashing profits.  As for altcoins, no thanks - that was a passing curiosity with i0coin with a difficulty under 14.  If I'm alone with my view, that's fine.  I see you have several good and highly technical projects that work well and certainly other people also like automatic trading.

As a warning, if you get a Starfish deposit account, the security means you don't get to interrogate your account.  You actually have to communicate with someone.

Starfish BCB - safe under a rock.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: