Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Ripple price going mad right now?  (Read 7554 times)
princesultan1

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:38:12 PM

it's a good thing you pointed this out, i hope someone from ripple labs is lurking these forums and give us an answer.

I'm really trying to muster up the energy for a proper response but to be honest, the negativity on this forum towards anything that isn't bitcoin or promising overnight riches makes it not worth the hassle of posting. Any discussion of Ripple is met with false accusations of centralization, scamming, or shilling. Why should anyone waste their time writing up a lengthy reply? Ripple is going to succeed with or without approval from the bitcointalk peanut gallery.

i agree with this response.

I don't think it's a good excuse. One should not let negativity affect them. If you encounter opposition and give up then the bad guys win. Opposition is always present, that's the nature of our universe. You should take it as a challenge without attaching any petty feelings to it.

Quote from: Carlos Castaneda
The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary person takes everything as a blessing or a curse.

I think they've been pretty patient and professional on this forum for over a year now. At a certain point there's only so much you can do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:49:11 PM

You should take it as a challenge without attaching any petty feelings to it.

The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary person takes everything as a blessing or a curse.

A warrior might take up everything as a challenge but a strategist chooses his battles wisely.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 02:44:00 PM

You should take it as a challenge without attaching any petty feelings to it.

A warrior might take up everything as a challenge but a strategist chooses his battles wisely.

The moment you lose your nerve is when you have lost the battle that is between you and your self-importance. You're referring to human wars/battles which is a completely different thing. The battle I'm talking about is within you not between you and me. You can either defend Ripple here or not --- it's up to you --- but your choice should be free of petty feelings, which apparently it wasn't, since you're referring to Ripple's opponents with a negative superficial generalisation.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Atdhe

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:01:34 PM

Hyena, are you aware that Carlos Castaneda was faking it all. I mean this is quasi-buddhistic bullshit fit for socially awkward people.

And yes, I am saying this as big fan of CC.

Every relationship between people is artifical in some way and starts inside, but this approach does not help to go deeper. You are only putting here oil into flames. If one has to solve his inner problem to not fight with other people is the same problem as that he has to fight with other people to solve his problems.

I somehow like your posts very much, but there is a truth above the truth always. And I think you know it. Nothing can be described in very short sentence, e.g. "opposition is always present" -> therefore it has no sense to trying to avoid it. That is nonsense that ends in asylum. Yes, opposition is always present, but there are situations where it actually amazingly has sense to avoid it, or at least try. To rest, to change perspective. That is also the cosmic dance.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:05:15 PM

and who are ripple's opponents mostly here in this forum?  usually random neck-beards in their mom's basement or some fat, hopeful 30 something guy bored out of his wits.

if misterbigg thinks it's not worth it then i don't blame him.

after a bit of googling, here's the link to the white paper on how ripple works:  https://ripple.com/files/ripple_consensus_whitepaper.pdf

it's funny how people say it's centralized when the system eliminates the need for a central network operator.  maybe they mean something else when they say it...?  i'm a bit lost on that one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Atdhe

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:22:25 PM

Well there are 2 centralised issues:
1. Ripple labs, which piss off many wannabe anarchists, because it is a corporation and they are baaaad banksters
2. There is a centralisation about information = ripple is not anonymous, or even less than bitcoin, what I understood.

Point 2. is a concern for me and this is why I believe btc more. Love it or hate it, cryptocurrency must imo have higher degree of anonymity than common money. There are lot of overregulated or banned markets that need currency. If the hispters can not buy the Jack Herrer with it, it is not good currency. I must insist on this. The stage where the cryptocurrency needs those markets is not over and the time is not even close. grey and black markets are few trillions of USD. Coins capitalisation is 5 bn.
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:26:36 PM

It was a nice P&D like bitcoin, but smaller  Smiley
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

Hyena, are you aware that Carlos Castaneda was faking it all. I mean this is quasi-buddhistic bullshit fit for socially awkward people.

Faking what? If it works then how can it be fake? I do believe that Carlos was just used as a puppet by those Mexican sorcerers and I know that Carlos himself failed to follow the teachings of don Juan but that does not invalidate the teachings. Especially when you apply your own common sense and test the whole thing out yourself. Do you really need BBC to tell you what's what?

Every relationship between people is artifical in some way and starts inside, but this approach does not help to go deeper. You are only putting here oil into flames. If one has to solve his inner problem to not fight with other people is the same problem as that he has to fight with other people to solve his problems.

Yes, I am putting oil into flames, deliberately, because I want to see what happens. I'm not doing it to help anyone specifically or to feel like a guru or to secretly hope that I'm doing something for the greater good. None of that. I'm doing it to learn. I know that these ideas will meet opposition and the only way to really test their plausibility is to confront the opposition. If it's real it can take the pressure.

I somehow like your posts very much, but there is a truth above the truth always. And I think you know it. Nothing can be described in very short sentence, e.g. "opposition is always present" -> therefore it has no sense to trying to avoid it. That is nonsense that ends in asylum. Yes, opposition is always present, but there are situations where it actually amazingly has sense to avoid it, or at least try. To rest, to change perspective. That is also the cosmic dance.

You are right but you misinterpreted my original intent. I wanted to draw misterbigg's attention to the fact that his refusal to defend Ripple seems like an emotion driven excuse rather than a ruthless choice. If he pretended to be upset then I would congratulate him for the impeccable practice of controlled folly. If, however, he was really upset by the nature of Ripple's opponents then here's a chance for him to evolve and show his self-importance who's the boss.

There's nothing wrong with refusing to defend Ripple here in this topic but there's something wrong with the self-pity that makes you feel as if this situation is hopeless and no one here understands you and everyone here is against you. I wish people reminded me my own indulging when it happens. When I get upset on a phone and start raising my voice, for example Tongue

btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

Faking what? If it works then how can it be fake? I do believe that Carlos was just used as a puppet by those Mexican sorcerers and I know that Carlos himself failed to follow the teachings of don Juan but that does not invalidate the teachings. Especially when you apply your own common sense and test the whole thing out yourself. Do you really need BBC to tell you what's what?

Yes, I am putting oil into flames, deliberately, because I want to see what happens. I'm not doing it to help anyone specifically or to feel like a guru or to secretly hope that I'm doing something for the greater good. None of that. I'm doing it to learn. I know that these ideas will meet opposition and the only way to really test their plausibility is to confront the opposition. If it's real it can take the pressure.

You are right but you misinterpreted my original intent. I wanted to draw misterbigg's attention to the fact that his refusal to defend Ripple seems like an emotion driven excuse rather than a ruthless choice. If he pretended to be upset then I would congratulate him for the impeccable practice of controlled folly. If, however, he was really upset by the nature of Ripple's opponents then here's a chance for him to evolve and show his self-importance who's the boss.

There's nothing wrong with refusing to defend Ripple here in this topic but there's something wrong with the self-pity that makes you feel as if this situation is hopeless and no one here understands you and everyone here is against you. I wish people reminded me my own indulging when it happens. When I get upset on a phone and start raising my voice, for example Tongue

It's not your place to judge him. You say "his refusal to defend Ripple seems like an emotion driven excuse". "Seems" is the key word here. You don't know his thoughts so take your judgement of him elsewhere. We are all tired of the thousands upon thousands of posts of people spread FUD about every coin that does well. It's overdone to the point of not being worth it to respond to every criticism of every coin.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 04:48:18 PM

It's not your place to judge him. You say "his refusal to defend Ripple seems like an emotion driven excuse". "Seems" is the key word here. You don't know his thoughts so take your judgement of him elsewhere. We are all tired of the thousands upon thousands of posts of people spread FUD about every coin that does well. It's overdone to the point of not being worth it to respond to every criticism of every coin.

It's not your place to judge me. You say "It's not your place to judge him". "judge" is the key word here. You don't know my thoughts so take your judgement of me elsewhere. We are all tired of the thousands upon thousands of posts of people judging about every post that does well. It's overdone to the point of not being worth it to respond to every criticism of every post.

I'm really trying to muster up the energy for a proper response but to be honest, the negativity on this forum towards anything that isn't bitcoin or promising overnight riches makes it not worth the hassle of posting. Any discussion of Ripple is met with false accusations of centralization, scamming, or shilling. Why should anyone waste their time writing up a lengthy reply? Ripple is going to succeed with or without approval from the bitcointalk peanut gallery.

"his refusal to defend Ripple seems like an emotion driven excuse"

Well, doesn't it seem like an emotion driven excuse? Read the bold parts, they radiate so much emotion that we could even derive a soap opera from it. Even if misterbigg personally didn't intend to embed any emotion to his reply it's worth pointing out that these discussions could get emotional. After all, we have hundreds of bitcoin peanuts here and only one Ripple advocate. Unjustness always generates hot feelings in humans.

btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:12:00 PM

It's not your place to judge me. You say "It's not your place to judge him". "judge" is the key word here. You don't know my thoughts so take your judgement of me elsewhere. We are all tired of the thousands upon thousands of posts of people judging about every post that does well. It's overdone to the point of not being worth it to respond to every criticism of every post.

"his refusal to defend Ripple seems like an emotion driven excuse"

Well, doesn't it seem like an emotion driven excuse? Read the bold parts, they radiate so much emotion that we could even derive a soap opera from it. Even if misterbigg personally didn't intend to embed any emotion to his reply it's worth pointing out that these discussions could get emotional. After all, we have hundreds of bitcoin peanuts here and only one Ripple advocate. Unjustness always generates hot feelings in humans.

It's obvious you are simply here to argue. People like you drive away people who have good information.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 06:57:30 PM

It's obvious you are simply here to argue. People like you drive away people who have good information.

You're so right and I'm so out of this topic now Cheesy bye

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

Those who say its a pump should have a look at the charts and the Ripple trade and network data.
Barely 22 % of the network value is Bitcoin. The rest is fiat.
So you suggest the pump would mainly happen in US $ and Yen?
The data simply doesn't correlate with the usual Bitcoin mob's modus operandi.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:37:57 PM

Well, doesn't it seem like an emotion driven excuse? Read the bold parts, they radiate so much emotion that we could even derive a soap opera from it.

Emotions on Bitcointalk are what I had when I was debating Ripple with JoelKatz back in Q2 2013. Today its solely ambivalence. The decision not to invest effort in lengthy replies as I used to is purely economic - the costs outweigh the benefits.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:05:26 PM

As you know Ripple is a decentralized coin with central authority.
That means:
- it has the same new technology like bitcoin
- bankers and government will like it more than bitcoin, because its similar to their current thing
- people in this forum will like it less then bitcoin or not at all, because they know, it has a bad smell

But in my opinion:
- It will help bringing decentralization and cryptocurrencies to the masses.
- It can be a first step until people understand the whole thing of crypto before they can see, that authorities are not needed.
- it will be a good mid-term investment

and:
- bitcoin will be old technologie soon
- there will be newer blockchains like ethereum, nem and so on, that take over the lead
- the bitcoin blockchain will be like a 14.4 modem, think about it
Atdhe

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:24:48 PM

I honestly disagree with the statement, that bitcoin, even when obsolete, will be old soon.

That is misunderstanding. I know geeks will not care, but marketing is more important than faster transactions or technical details. The gap between money issued by central banks and bitcoin is much wider than gap between bitcoin and some better cryptocurency.

Bitcoin is a brand by commoners. It will be a big luck, if people will accept some cryptocurrency. And if they do, it will be a bitcoin, because Bitcoin is building the brand and the brand is stronger and stronger as altcoins fade away.

Bitcoin is good enough and first. And that is enough. Economy is not a hipster competition. If some adjustments will be needed by market, over the top of bitcoin can be built a lot (even the ripple in the end).

There is already a lot of invested into BTC. Valuation of ripple is maybe only 7x less, which is impressive, but much much more than 7x people bought BTC than XRP and this hard cash and not valuation on market with monopoly of money supply is the decisive point.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:36:07 PM

Of course you can always implement everything in bitcoin. But it will always more be a work-around. And soon a pain in the ass.
Updates are not that easy on a blockchain...
And there will never be THE cryptocurrency. I guess bitcoin and ripple will go along and others will stay behind first, because they are not enough known.
But if people realize their benefits, bitcoin and ripple will go.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:18:03 AM

As you know Ripple is a decentralized coin with central authority.

I disagree with several statements in there:

Ripple is not a coin, it is a payment network. Its native "coin" is XRP.

XRP are not decentralized, they are not designed to be and not needed to be. They just need to be tradeable and be able to be 100% owned by you once you actually get some.

XRP's only "central authority" is that there needs to be one single view of the state of the network, similar to Bitcoin (which also ideally shouldn't fork). The network itself is not centrally controlled, it is ensured that there are no forks by utilizing "Consensus" - an algorithm where nodes agree between each other on which transactions to include.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

- the bitcoin blockchain will be like a 14.4 modem, think about it

LOL! That statement sums it all up.
I mean, it already is, isn't it?
Maybe they should try MNP5 on the blockchain.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:30:30 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 10:41:00 AM by TotalPanda

The RIPPLE coin is a welcome gift for the financial industry.
The coin value is irrelevant for the ledger.

But why not fill it with value?
It comes for free, and any institution using it has the opportunity to make a market, starting from almost zero.
Its a dream come true for the industry players involved. They will make a killing.

Its the only system suitable for a transformation of the crumbling fiat network.
The walls are coming down just, the bottom is falling out.
For real world applications, any other coin, including Bitcoin of course, is completely useless as a transactional system.
RIPPLE is here, it works, and its being adopted. It delivers. Anything else is just toys.

It'll be bigger than Bitcoin ever was, and it will happen very fast now.
Its THE NEW MONEY. Get used to it, don't miss the opportunity.

NO.
I'll never touch Ripple.
banks are pumping...  Roll Eyes
THE NEW MONEY IS HERE : New Economy Movement
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: