Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:10:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one that was holding out for a Butterfly Swatter XL ?  (Read 1209 times)
Sp0tter (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:19:41 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 03:16:26 AM by Sp0tter

I believe the Butterfly Swatter XL can be pre-ordered now.   They only accept teddy bears stuffed with cash mailed discretely through a shipping company that is mysteriously closely tied to them.

Four Butterfly Swatter SM's have been in the wild for a little while.  Fortunately when one failed almost immediately, the customer was more concerned with being impressed at the quality of service and responsiveness of a _the serious sha256 hardware company_ than he was that 1/4 of his expensive long awaited order was DOA.   This allows us to really put some faith in _the company_.

I look foward to the 'Swatter XL!  I have already placed my (full price) pre-order.

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:21:10 AM

Yes. Yes you are.

Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:23:09 AM

Wtf, What about the ButterLabsFly Ez Bake Miner?

Already got my teddy bear stuffed with the money and teh pre-order cutout coupon.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:24:17 AM

I believe the Butterfly Swatter XL can be pre-ordered now.   They only accept teddy bears stuffed with cash mailed discretely through a shipping company that is mysteriously closely tied to them.

Four Butterfly Swatter SM's have been in the wild for a little while.  Fortunately when one failed almost immediately, the customer was more concerned with being impressed at the quality of service and responsiveness of a _the serious sha256 hardware company_ than he was that 1/4 of his expensive long awaited order was DOA.   This allows us to really put some faith in _the company_.

I look foward to the 'Swatter XL!  I have already placed my (full price) pre-order.

When your profit has already been locked in since day one of the venture I'm sure that it is easier to take a setback like that especially when your flush with new investor cash. I'd imagine always being at the start of the line helps with the good will towards the company as well.
Sp0tter (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:38:23 AM

When your profit has already been locked in since day one of the venture I'm sure that it is easier to take a setback like that especially when your flush with new investor cash. I'd imagine always being at the start of the line helps with the good will towards the company as well.

Yea that could be it.  I just think it is a bit sketchy how positive  gigavps always talks of BFL.  It is always one to ten steps beyond "I had a good experience with this company."  It could be nothing.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:43:06 AM

Yea that could be it.  I just think it is a bit sketchy how positive  gigavps always talks of BFL.  It is always one to ten steps beyond "I had a good experience with this company."  It could be nothing.

I think we may just be misreading Giga a bit. He is a level headed guy who has been dealing with 'higher' end business matters for a while. Little shit doesn't bother you as much and whne it does that last thing you do is let your potential clients, partners and/or competition know it.

also, in case anyone missed it, BFL will be pointing the mini-rig to Giga's pool while they run the new burn-in. He may lose a few days at most income from it. Compared to the long wait, which is now really over it is peanuts.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Sp0tter (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:51:31 AM

Still sounds like he is trying to sell them (which would make no sense, since for each other one sold, his hash is worth less).

Here are the rigs off of the pallet but still in their protective bubble wrap.

Protective bubble wrap?  Is that something most of us would point out when its shown in the picture?

And he goes on about how easy it is to setup.. in multiple statements...   Maybe he is just _that_ excited that they came in protective bubble wrap (not just bubble wrap)  and that they are so easy to setup.. and over delivered on power... and "they will correct these relatively minor issues." and.. etc.. etc..

It could be nothing, it just seems shady to me.. I don't usually post anything, much less troll/drama/scepticism/whatever..   I just find the whole situation going on right now very sketchy.   The mostest mostest sketchy being taking only non-chargeback forms of payment in full amounts for a preorder to a product that hasn't even been shown to exist and is promised months in the future. 

While their website still promises delivery times they aren't meeting on the last product...

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:57:28 AM

... I don't usually post anything...

Why stop now?

Sp0tter (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:01:03 AM

... I don't usually post anything...
Why stop now?

Sometimes you feel the urge.. can't explain it boss Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: