Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:31:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russians..  (Read 2748 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:23:47 PM

Would have saved a lot of wealth if they had started pouring their wealth from the rubble into Bitcoin a couple months ago..
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:37:35 PM

Would have saved a lot of wealth if they had started pouring their wealth from the rubble into Bitcoin USD a couple months ago..

FTFY.
But hey, I'll match your hindsight & schadenfreude with "You could have saved a lot of wealth by pouring your Bitcoin into USD a year ago."
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:41:35 PM

What was that, NotLambchop?  Trolls are not heard when they're being ignored  Grin
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:43:28 PM

Would have saved a lot of wealth if they had started pouring their wealth from the rubble into Bitcoin USD a couple months ago..

FTFY.
But hey, I'll match your hindsight & schadenfreude with "You could have saved a lot of wealth by pouring your Bitcoin into USD a year ago."

What will you do one all fiats keep crashing and you are out of them to point at? consider that at that time Bitcoin will be above ATH again.
Enjoy the butthurt if you aren't loaded with BTC by then my friend.
(in before metals)
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:45:21 PM

FTFY.

What will you do one all fiats keep crashing and you are out of them to point at? consider that at that time Bitcoin will be above ATH again.
(in before metals)

"Keeps crashing"?!  USD is doing great--it's your Bitcoin that "keeps crashing."
What's wrong with you bro?
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:58:20 PM

FTFY.

(in before metals)

"Keeps crashing"?!  USD is doing great--it's your Bitcoin that "keeps crashing."
What's wrong with you bro?

The only thing not crashing is the USD..

A star is the brighest before it's implosion.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

This FIAT bubble can not least long...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:09:19 PM

The only thing not crashing is the USD..

A star is the brighest before it's implosion.

This FIAT bubble can not least long...

Bitcoiners are amazing.  Let's rehash some Bitcoiner logic:

Bitcoin loses 2/3rds of its value rel. USD amidst scandal:
 -manipulation by evol bankers
 -price kept down by wales secretly accumulating off-exchanges
 -the market is a coiling spring, cobra ready to strike etc., etc.
 -always darkest before the dawn

Dollar and Dow triumph majestically:
 -A star is the brightest before it implodes

Just listen to yourselves Roll Eyes

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:15:18 PM

There are more scammers and manipulators in fiat world than in btc world, and they have greater power over the economy. Btc is a beautiful economic instrument, loving bitcoin is idealistic willing of a different world, loving dollars is fishy greed.

Just wait and see...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Bitcurex.com

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 05:19:30 PM

Speaking of Russia and Ruble, check out our new feature, Rouble Transfer:

https://bitcurex.com/page/rub/

Deposit RUB directly, get USD, buy BTC. Up to 3300 USD without verification. Plain and simple. Smiley

Regards!

Bitcurex.com - European Bitcoin exchange
24h EUR volume - http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=EUR&span=24h
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:40:52 PM

There are more scammers and manipulators in fiat world than in btc world, and they have greater power over the economy. Btc is a beautiful economic instrument, loving bitcoin is idealistic willing of a different world, loving dollars is fishy greed.

Just wait and see...

Lol, not when you compare the market cap.  Mt.Gox alone ran away with significant percentage of *ALL BTC THAT WILL EVER EXIST*.  Not even mentioning Pirate, TF, Ukyo, Danny, etc., etc.

Nah brah, Bitcoin is pretty much pure, unadulterated scam Undecided
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:50:56 PM

lmao. the USD has been in bull market this year and bitcoiners are still saying that it's about to enter the annals of history as a failed currency "any day now"?

Meanwhile, interest in bitcoin "the revolutionary new (6 year old) digital currency" is tepid at best and price has been falling all year... but this is actually a good thing, right?  Wink

One question: what are you guys smoking, and where did you get it from? Must be good stuff!

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

Just wait and see...

Lol, not when you compare the market cap.  Mt.Gox alone ran away with significant percentage of *ALL BTC THAT WILL EVER EXIST*.  Not even mentioning Pirate, TF, Ukyo, Danny, etc., etc.

Nah brah, Bitcoin is pretty much pure, unadulterated scam Undecided

I heard something about the Kraken giving some sort of compensation for MtGox account holders. Do you know how it works because it involves a load of bitcoins?

edit/

I found it.

http://blog.kraken.com/post/103599171158/mt-gox-bankruptcy

Duties that Kraken may be asked to carry out include the following:

Aid in the investigation of possible lost or stolen Bitcoin
Aid in the creation of a system to file and investigate claims
Help to distribute Bitcoin and/or fiat assets to creditors
Exchange Bitcoin to fiat currency when needed

jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:56:21 PM

lmao. the USD has been in bull market this year and bitcoiners are still saying that it's about to enter the annals of history as a failed currency "any day now"?

Meanwhile, interest in bitcoin "the revolutionary new (6 year old) digital currency" is tepid at best and price has been falling all year... but this is actually a good thing, right?  Wink

One question: what are you guys smoking, and where did you get it from? Must be good stuff!

USD has been in a "bull market" due to MARKET MANIPULATION and STRONG-ARMING NATIONS. Neither can last forever since the military might of the US is being propped up by their own propped up dollars. 

If you actually think the USD is up due to any sort of fundamentals whatsoever just go here:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

You think the US Dollar can maintain the same level of demand with 18+ Trillion Dollars worth of debt, not including unfunded liabilities???

Oh yeah, and I checked out some of your previous permatroll FUD postings. You are officially on ignore and I bet I'm not alone
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:15:20 PM

Russia has just this week increased its key interest rate (according to Simon Black of Sovereign Health) from 10% to 17.5%.
USD having a 'reserve' of only 1.26%, while the Ruble has 12.5% reserves - not that good either, but relative to USD it's a lot more.  So, Ruble is tanking, whilst the USD is shining, but why?  If you look at interest rates compared to reserves, the difference is not 'that' great.

On Oct 31st 2013 I suggested in a newsletter I wrote, that people consider researching and maybe investing in BTC in modest amounts, as although the price looked high at the price of $199 on that day, it looked like it had potential.  I got a fair bit of flak for suggesting (not advising) that.  I wouldn't have believed that it could go north of $1000 at the time of writing, which as it turned out, it over grew for all the wrong reasons.

What bugs me is that people say "BTC has lost 70% this year", whereas I look at it and say that in the last 15 months since that newsletter from sub $200 it's now north of $300.  I think that's a pretty good example of protecting against inflation, even if you don't consider it an investment.  Even if it goes below $300 it still isn't as bad as losing 50% in a year like the Ruble.  The USD will probably shine until the last moment (happens slowly at first, then all at once, type scenario).

Shiver

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:30:05 PM

I didn't write the newsletter when it was the price you're suggesting, so not clear on your intended point.

If you draw a straight line through a log chart from any starting point through to today, it's doing okay for now.  I don't know the future, but it seems like it's doing okay to me.

If you are looking at bitcoin as a currency, then I'd like to know another currency as valuable compared to any fiat of any country.  If looking at bitcoin/Bitcoin in some other capacity, then comparison to fiat is questionable at best.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:45:16 PM

I didn't write the newsletter when it was the price you're suggesting, so not clear on your intended point.

If you draw a straight line through a log chart from any starting point through to today, it's doing okay for now.  I don't know the future, but it seems like it's doing okay to me.

If you draw a line starting with Dec. 2013 (or pretty much anytime over the past year) then no, it's not "doing okay."
If you mean starting from the time when BTC was worthless (worth $0), then any price above zero is "doing great."

If you are looking at bitcoin as a currency, then I'd like to know another currency as valuable compared to any fiat of any country.

What do you mean, like Chuck E Cheese coin, or in the wider sense of the term, like BTCeanie BTCabies?
Why are you specifically looking for non-fiat currencies?

If looking at bitcoin/Bitcoin in some other capacity, then comparison to fiat is questionable at best.

There's that lulzy "Bitcoin is a great store of value" claim...
Shiver

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:00:48 PM

Who said "non" fiat currencies?
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:30:44 PM

You:
...I'd like to know another currency as valuable compared to any fiat of any country....

I guess it's possible to read this as you wishing to know of any currency as good as Bitcoin.
In that case, the answer is "Bitcoin has been one of the worst currencies on Earth for the past year.  Even the notorious Russian ruble failed to surpass it in shittiness.  Every other major currency is way better.  If you want real money, the US dollar is hard to beat."

I hope this helps.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:34:48 PM

since we are dropping back to $0.001, will you also look at the price of $0.001 at few years ago and come back to tell us not big deal?

Trolling on here going into overdrive.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: