Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to Restructure BTT?  (Read 853 times)
davidpbrown (OP)

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

I wonder that we are already moving beyond simple notions of digital currency, sufficiently that it would be worth considering whether the structure of the forum here could be better. I'm aware of BTT's thought relative to simple altcoins but what is available is already more complex. If BTT wants to be useful it needs to reflect what blockchain technology is becoming.

I would suggest there are these classes of blockchain technology and as such there is a good opportunity to rationalise the forum to reflect these:

Class 1: Money
BTC certainly; and others whose ambition is principally to be the most simple digital altcoins. So, by all means keep a simple alt forum for LTC; DGC and others.

Class 2: Money transport
Ripple XRP - are there others? I'd be happy Ripple was separate.

Class 3: Tokens with value pegged to match other assets
BitShares bitUSD, bitCNY; bitGOLD etc; CounterParty assets; ?Peershares and whatever others are trying the same.

Class 4: Tokens that are explicitly linked to real world assets
Mastercoin [property tokens]; CounterParty-Overstock-market; BitShares DACs and perhaps Ethereum - distributed businesses et al exotic capabilities that are not Class 5.

Class 5: Zero value applications, such as private key signing.
Interesting proof of person applications and other zero value applications I haven't imagined.

Organising by type of capability might allow discussions to be more focused on what those capabilities are offering rather than shouting amongst a crowd of others. I expect it might help the main forum pair back down to be more directly Bitcoin focused too?

0.00000002 Cool

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:07:44 PM

While you are it, change the name too. Maybe the design, servers. New posters also.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:09:03 PM

I think it is better to keep Bitcoin related sections separate from "other" and then both separate from altcoins.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:16:25 PM

Am I the only one that sees the irony in this picture?

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:44:16 AM

You have the font size set really big. Do you browse on mobile?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:21:35 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 05:29:45 PM by Quickseller

You have the font size set really big. Do you browse on mobile?
When I was looking at that yes. That is not what is ironic though.

EDIT: it is the fact that there is a shit post directly below the advert that says to report shit posts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: