Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO BUY  (Read 9103 times)
cryptowest

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:31:06 AM

The time to "go long" would be when a major company announces that it will be integrating bitcoin into its payroll options.
It is always the time to "go long". Always. Going short is where you have to be very careful.

this doesn't make sense to me because shorters are making most of the profits...

amytat

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:43:52 AM

maybe the price will go down below 300 , waiting to buy Smiley
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:44:50 AM

I will try to apply for a loan at a bank in the forum or in my town. hopefully running smoothly. or if not, I just need to keep bitcoin that I have now
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:21:41 AM

I'm buying back under 100$  Smiley We are going to see it earlier than expected  Wink I promise.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:25:47 AM

Nope buy at 100 dollas, thats when it is time to buy, Right now mine and save dont dump save save save Smiley cause when it hits 100 bucks again, all the rich idiots are gonna jump the bandwagon and make all us hoarders rich. Follow the rich dudes.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:29:12 AM

From my experience at the market, when price is very low, this is, in fact, the best time to buy, not to sell )
If you want to earn good money, buy cheap and sell when price is high.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:40:50 AM

Maybe it is better to wait a bit , I think the bitcoin price will drop again.
jsgayo

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:17:08 AM

Good time to buy. Cool

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:19:25 AM

Only buying will make it even more worse... Need to use some of the Bitcoin as well...

biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:21:33 AM

Panic's coming to the streets, and investors know it  Grin
Once people wants to buy, they're like:

Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City  Richmond Kansas City 

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:57:57 AM

I shall wait after Christmas to buy.
youngmike

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:07:41 AM

Bitcoin is just another Tulip Mania  Smiley Of course believers deny it  Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
fvs114

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:27:51 AM

I'll wait until drops to 100, and then buy Grin
cesckat

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Verba volant, bits persist.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:53:01 AM

Bitcoin is just another Tulip Mania  Smiley Of course believers deny it  Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

People that think that's like the tulip-mania is because they don't know what they have on their wallets… the decentralized idea of bitcoin is unique and people is always focusing on their BTC/CNY or BTC/USD price…

Don't be obsessive with the price, bitcoin is more than that.

HODL!
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 12:01:20 PM

At least that's what I just did, so I believe we are at or very close to the bottom.

Why would we be at the bottom? The selling is just beginning.

Every time a new company like Microsoft offers bitcoin as a payment method, the market gains another auto-seller. There is no reason for the price to increase until this imbalance is corrected. The time to "go long" would be when a major company announces that it will be integrating bitcoin into its payroll options.
This is not necessarily true. When additional companies start to accept bitcoin, more people will start to buy bitcoin for the sole purpose of spending it at one of such merchants. Each additional large company that accepts bitcoin makes it one company closer to having B2B bitcoin related payments
If M$ ONLY accepted Btc then i would agree with you.  However, M$ accepts all major payment types and so why would you convert to Btc first?  You are bound to lose a little in the conversion so it would in fact cost you more.  You might do it once, just because you could, but you wouldn't do it twice.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 12:17:15 PM

Exactly. Some of the companies starting to accept bitcoin may cause more supply on the market, however overall more merchants accepting bitcoin are going to cause more people (consumers) to use it

Ordinary people are not going to take the additional step of converting fiat to BTC, so they can then buy things with BTC that they could have purchased directly with fiat. Consumers are not stupid and will not bother to take that additional unnecessary step.

The only solution is for the community to wake up and realize that we need merchants to integrate BTC into their payrolls to offset the selling!
youngmike

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:26:27 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a money transfer system and not even easy to use compared to Paypal Smiley Forget the mass adoption, even 50$ BTC is overpriced when you think about how useful it is  Smiley
evok3d

Activity: 534

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:39:45 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a money transfer system and not even easy to use compared to Paypal Smiley Forget the mass adoption, even 50$ BTC is overpriced when you think about how useful it is  Smiley

I had to read that a few time because at first i thought you were supporting the idea but then i got confused of your aim. Bitcoin is like Internet 3.0

It has the ability to replace almost all online services along with the entire wall street handling/issuing and trading of shares, parliament/government voting and many other things. Look at a few of these services:

http://www.bitnation.co/

http://bitcongress.org/

http://identi.fi

To say 1 BTC out of 21,000,000 in existence ( minus a few million perhaps for lost coins, satoshis coins etc.) is overpriced at $50 would indicate the lack of understanding on where this is all going.

IMO the money/currency aspect that you mention Bitcoin being used for is less than 5% of its actual purpose, if that. The money aspect is just the beginning of what we will come to see.

I doubt we will even talk about 1 Bitcoin in a few years time just as we dont speak about a 1 KG of Gold, instead we speak about grams or ounces and we will use bits as the value will be too large.

just my 0.000001 BTC Smiley

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
youngmike

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:46:14 PM

I had to read that a few time because at first i thought you were supporting the idea but then i got confused of your aim. Bitcoin is like Internet 3.0

It has the ability to replace almost all online services along with the entire wall street handling/issuing and trading of shares, parliament/government voting and many other things. Look at a few of these services:

http://www.bitnation.co/

http://bitcongress.org/

http://identi.fi

To say 1 BTC out of 21,000,000 in existence ( minus a few million perhaps for lost coins, satoshis coins etc.) is overpriced at $50 would indicate the lack of understanding on where this is all going.

IMO the money/currency aspect that you mention Bitcoin being used for is less than 5% of its actual purpose, if that. The money aspect is just the beginning of what we will come to see.

I doubt we will even talk about 1 Bitcoin in a few years time just as we dont speak about a 1 KG of Gold, instead we speak about grams or ounces and we will use bits as the value will be too large.

just my 0.000001 BTC Smiley

Yes flying cars have potential of replacing both planes and cars  Smiley
creuz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:49:34 PM

Even if Bitcoin is ill-suited for instant money transfer, there are a few things that make it (and some alt) unique :
- you are the owner of your coins as long as nobody else knows your private key (so avoid web wallets) ;
- you don't need to trust anybody to store your money ;
- you don't need to be accepted by financial system to receive coins ;
- total amount is capped, and inflation controled meanwhile ;
- there is a good level of anonymity if you stay in legit economy.

So for a value storage system, Bitcoin is a must.

For daily expense, I think we could transfer Bitcoin to a trusted intermediary (bank, Paypal) then use current system. Exposure is limited as you keep owning most part of your coins in your wallet. This is the best of two worlds.

It is time to banking to change their business model.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: