Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:29:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have written a blockchain.info like iPhone app  (Read 1433 times)
thirdprize (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 09:05:15 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 02:17:20 PM by thirdprize

Is there an iPhone app like BlockChain.Info that lets you enter an address or transaction and explore all the related data?  I know some wallets show transactions but i wasn't sure how deep they go normally.

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:25:38 AM

Is there an iPhone app like BlockChain.Info that lets you enter an address or transaction and explore all the related data?  I know some wallets show transactions but i wasn't sure how deep they go normally.

How about opening blockchain.info in iPhone browser and search the address ? I think they have a responsive design, so that should not be a big problem.

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 09:45:37 AM

It is not as smooth as a proper app and you cannot scan QR codes, etc.  And I am generally just looking for an app to write.

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:50:45 AM

Is there an iPhone app like BlockChain.Info that lets you enter an address or transaction and explore all the related data?  I know some wallets show transactions but i wasn't sure how deep they go normally.
What exactly are you looking for?

If you want to see the same information on a block explorer then you can go to the block explorer of your choice, and view the 'desktop' version to see the same information you would see if you were visiting from your home computer

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 10:20:47 AM

What exactly are you looking for?

If you want to see the same information on a block explorer then you can go to the block explorer of your choice, and view the 'desktop' version to see the same information you would see if you were visiting from your home computer
Simply what I asked in my first post.  Is there an app for it?  I am an app developer and I would like to contribute to the Btc community.  This seems to be about the only opportunity i can think of.  Looks fairly simple as well.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 11:50:41 AM

To my knowledge, no.

That said, the bc.i web page very recently was terrible for iPhone. The incessant stream of transactions made it nearly impossible to paste in to the search field. I was about 50-50 for successfully pasting...it looks like they fixed that though.

I'd like to see a block explorer that made it easier to see which addresses coins came from. Blockexplorer.com did a better job of that than bc.i

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:37:54 PM

To my knowledge, no.

That said, the bc.i web page very recently was terrible for iPhone. The incessant stream of transactions made it nearly impossible to paste in to the search field. I was about 50-50 for successfully pasting...it looks like they fixed that though.

I'd like to see a block explorer that made it easier to see which addresses coins came from. Blockexplorer.com did a better job of that than bc.i
That is what i thought when i tried the mobile site. 

What would you want from an app then?  A screen where you could paste in some addresses and then view the transactions and the related source addresses, and their transactions, and so on?  QR Reader?

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 04:22:02 AM

To my knowledge, no.

What would you want from an app then?  A screen where you could paste in some addresses and then view the transactions and the related source addresses, and their transactions, and so on?  QR Reader?

Yes and yes. And a tree structure showing where coins came from and went to. Oh, and something showing the fee and an estimate of how long it took to get into a block...and the calculated transaction priority...often people put on a fee when one isn't necessary.

And some summary statistics would be cool...like # of transactions per hour/day (averaged over last hour/day, etc).

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 10:46:23 AM

To my knowledge, no.

What would you want from an app then?  A screen where you could paste in some addresses and then view the transactions and the related source addresses, and their transactions, and so on?  QR Reader?

Yes and yes. And a tree structure showing where coins came from and went to. Oh, and something showing the fee and an estimate of how long it took to get into a block...and the calculated transaction priority...often people put on a fee when one isn't necessary.

And some summary statistics would be cool...like # of transactions per hour/day (averaged over last hour/day, etc).
I was just planning on using the BlockChain.info API for getting the data.  That does basic block, transaction and address information.  Is the other data you mention available elsewhere or is it something you would have to calculate.  The BC.I API also seems to be a bit on the slow side. 

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 12:17:52 AM

Hourly data would have to be calculated...but afaik, no one provides hourly data.

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:36:11 PM

Go Address and Transaction screens working.  If I can link the Inputs and Outputs back to the Address screen before xmas I will be happy.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

Strong work!

Hopefully others will chime in with better suggestions than mine!

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 02:25:12 AM

Use the iPhone page to open the address, that's the closest they got for Bitcoin.

malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:56:09 AM

To my knowledge, no.

the way around this is to manually type in the address of what you are looking for.

For example if you want to view information you would get by searching a specific address then you would type in 'blockchain.info/address/(your address). The same is true for a specific transaction - replacing address with "tx" - if you are looking for a specific block then you replace address with "block"

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:50:31 AM

To my knowledge, no.

the way around this is to manually type in the address of what you are looking for.

For example if you want to view information you would get by searching a specific address then you would type in 'blockchain.info/address/(your address). The same is true for a specific transaction - replacing address with "tx" - if you are looking for a specific block then you replace address with "block"
Thx for the tip!

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 03:46:23 PM by thirdprize

Go Address and Transaction screens working.  If I can link the Inputs and Outputs back to the Address screen before xmas I will be happy.
The Blockchain.Info API page seems to be out of date.  https://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_api

So Addresses have associated Transactions and Transactions go to Addresses.  Do any of them logically link to Blocks in the data model?  I see Blocks itself has Transactions but does it go the other way round?

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:12:39 PM

Go Address and Transaction screens working.  If I can link the Inputs and Outputs back to the Address screen before xmas I will be happy.
Yes.  I have got it to go address->transaction->output->address

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:49:51 PM

Rewrote it to use BlockTrail instead of BlockChain as their API seems a bit better.  Added Blocks.

https://www.blocktrail.com/api/docs/curl#api_data

Silly question, how do you work out if a transaction was positive or negative?  Is it the difference between the inputs and outputs? 

thirdprize (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 02:20:42 PM

Just gathering the screen shots, etc.  Should be ready to go to Apple within the week.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:29:47 AM

Rewrote it to use BlockTrail instead of BlockChain as their API seems a bit better.  Added Blocks.

https://www.blocktrail.com/api/docs/curl#api_data

Silly question, how do you work out if a transaction was positive or negative?  Is it the difference between the inputs and outputs?  

All transactions are positive. Difference between inputs and outputs is the miners fee (ie, any unused portion of an input by default belongs to the miners; this keeps tx data size smaller).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: