Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:04:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much Bitcoin is 'enough' to start a faucet?  (Read 753 times)
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:18:07 AM

Hmm.. not sure where to post this. If I posted in the wrong section, feel free to move it. Anyway, let's get to topic. How much Bitcoin (or Satoshi) is enough to start a faucet and start earning back within three months? Planning to start a faucet and.. not sure how much Bitcoin should I 'put into the bank'.

Let's forgot about domain, hosting etc. Just the amount of 'Bitcoin' which we give out to visitors.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
tencentcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:26:11 AM

depand on what amount you want to give people
if 1 hour 100satoshi . i think only need little bitcoin

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:34:39 AM

Impossible to answer if you want to get positive ROI within 3 months.
You did not state what your business model is. Faucets can only generate income if you use them to attract visitors which generate income, for example through ad views, gambling etc.
However, it is pretty much impossible to calculate how much a faucet must give away per day to attract enough visitors to make your business model viable. There are far too many variables.
Even if you know all of these variables, it still remains impossible since there are external factors (changing ad revenue etc.) that cannot be calculated.

Onkel Paul

mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:11:23 PM

You did not state what your business model is. Faucets can only generate income if you use them to attract visitors which generate income, for example through ad views, gambling etc.
However, it is pretty much impossible to calculate how much a faucet must give away per day to attract enough visitors to make your business model viable. There are far too many variables.
Even if you know all of these variables, it still remains impossible since there are external factors (changing ad revenue etc.) that cannot be calculated.

Onkel Paul
I agree !!!
thank you, helped me a lot

jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:32:35 AM

depand on what amount you want to give people
if 1 hour 100satoshi . i think only need little bitcoin

Thanks for the estimation.

Onkel Paul

Thanks! I will do my 'calculation' to ensure I'm earning more than I spend.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: