Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: windows has closed port 8333 EDIT - database corrupt problems.  (Read 2519 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:55:30 PM

-snip-
I was hopeing you would not have said that, I have big problems in the UK with torrents, Virgin have pritty much blocked everything, We are in a policed state and can only view propaganda, It will take me 3 weeks to re-download the blockchain from scratch, And that keeps getting stuck on the way, It takes me 4-5 attempts to get it on any system.

Is there a way to commit the whole system in working the blockchain, My cpu is never more than 1% working on it, I have large sata 3 SSD's in raid 1+0 with 16GB ram, I wonder why It messed up in the first place?

Not sure what caused this or why you cant get inbound connections, but if you want to sync fast, feel free to hammer my server with requests.

Run bitcoin core from "run" (Win + R)

Code:
c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -connect=213.165.91.169

or take any of the servers below to sync a single node from your local network. Connect all other local nodes in the same fashion to the local IP of the node thats connected to the outside.

Code:
last updated 2014.11.25
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP                  - location             - owner[1]  -  speed      - info/stats page[2] - testnet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eldinhadzic.org[4]  - LA, USA              - eldinhadz - 1000 mbit/s - no                 - no
84.200.34.113       - Freinsheim, DE, EU   - Newar     - 1000 mbit/s - yes                - no
185.45.192.129      - Amsterdam, NL, EU    - anon      - 1000 mbit/s - /node.php[3]       - yes
213.165.91.169      - Germany, EU          - shorena   -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
50.7.68.180         - New York, USA        - Newar     -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
5.9.24.81           - Germany, EU          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
178.79.173.71       - United Kingdom, EU   - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
107.155.104.194     - Dalls, USA           - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
106.185.32.195      - Japan, Asia          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
94.242.57.173       - Russia, Asia         - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
[1] refers to a bitcointalk.org username or anon if requested
[2] same IP, port 80 or path/port given
[3] work in progress
[4] IP is 173.236.158.177

first of all, why are you storing your bitcoins on windows ? Cheesy

If your car broke do you want to hear: Why are you using a car in the first place? Take a bike its better for the environment!

Its perfectly fine if you hate windows and do not want to support it, but other people may have other opinions on the matter.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:57:06 PM

Shut down the Bitcoin client, then try connecting to port 8333 using telnet from another machine.  If you get connection refused, the port is open.  If it hangs, it's firewalled.

If you get connection refused when the client is closed, but it hangs when it's running, then it's a problem with the client not answering.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:03:51 PM

Shut down the Bitcoin client, then try connecting to port 8333 using telnet from another machine.  If you get connection refused, the port is open.  If it hangs, it's firewalled.

If you get connection refused when the client is closed, but it hangs when it's running, then it's a problem with the client not answering.

OK, i used puttytel, from another unit to this one and it said connection refused, I used it on this unit to another win7 with apparently same problem and  got fatal error:connection timed out.

scratch that, I forgot to close wallet  Embarrassed Let me do it properly when I have -rescan finished see if that works.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:10:32 PM

Thanks for the info, Let me fart-arse about with what I got first, I would like to see if I can prevent this from happening again.

But this was defiantly useful!  Cool
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:20:21 PM

Keeps crashing, I will have to start from scratch, Why is core so unstable at storing the blockchain?
I doubt this is something that can be fixed, I have had blockchain corruptions regularly on many different systems, But I still will not use a "light" wallet, I don't want my coins on the net, I don't understand why people think they are safe there?
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:33:24 PM

Code:

I started fresh and downloading a new blockchain, I still have this tho : connections:1 (In: 0 / Out: 1)

How can I be uploading if I have no "in" connections?
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:39:51 PM

fresh install

Start again  Undecided
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:41:49 PM

anyone???
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:46:40 PM

Code:

I started fresh and downloading a new blockchain, I still have this tho : connections:1 (In: 0 / Out: 1)

How can I be uploading if I have no "in" connections?

"connect" limits you to the listed IPs after it. Bitcoin will open no other connections. Since you can only connect to a single node to sync anyway it does not matter. Once its done with the sync you can start normally. "In" stand for inbound connections, where someone from the outside found your node and connected, "out" stands for outbound connection where you found another node and connected to it.

anyone???

Downgrade to an older version? I suspect you use 0.9.3 and I have seen several people having problems with it.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:09:02 PM

Thanks for the info, Is there a "stable" version? Or any particular version people seam to have less trouble with?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:29:08 PM

Thanks for the info, Is there a "stable" version? Or any particular version people seam to have less trouble with?

I had the least (as in: none) problems with 0.9.2.1 on Windows machines. 0.9.3. with Linux seems to be no problem (have problems, but they are most likely server related). No experiences with Macs.

hhanh00

Activity: 467
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:55:24 AM

Regarding the original problem: Have you checked if it's not a port forwarding issue? Maybe your DHCP lease expired and your machine got a new IP.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:54:21 AM

If you are downloading the blockchain from scratch, remember you can always import most of the chain from a torrent. Should speed things up.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:41:12 PM

Still having a nightmare, I decided to avoid "core" and went for v8.6, Got to 51 weeks behind "error:database corrupted" on restart, I get "rebuild now" So From the beginning again.

QT-core has done it for me, Over the years I have had too many problems, The error checking is laughable, Why cant it have a vrify log and only start from where this log differs from the actual blockchain.

But there is no other "full" blockchain GUI? I will not rely on "lite" or "net" wallets, I am open to Ideas, BTC is still too geeky, Unless you can code, and willing to spend hours going through logs/transcripts, BTC is still not vable for the layman.

Thats another subject tho, I still have problems, I have gone through my system specs, I have checked ram with MEMtest and HDD, I have raid setup, all are clean and run flawlessly, I have no other system trouble, this bitcoin corrupt database is on most of my win 7 64 bit systems, It does happen rarely on linux, If a core dev wants my log files or willing to work with me to sure up anything, I would be willing to talk.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

Understand that the Windows version is not built *natively* - being someone who has actually written a DB engine (a core part of my own project) I do recall problems in the past with file seeking bugs occurring under non-native Windows builds (not that I could say if that would even be likely to the issue here but just to point out that non-native Windows builds don't always work perfectly).

This is actually why I had suggested not using Windows (i.e. it is not being built natively for Windows so why do you expect it to work perfectly under Windows when the devs don't even use that OS?).

If you can show the issue to the devs under Linux then you might have a chance of getting some attention to this problem (assuming it is not just a tool issue).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:55:21 PM

Understand that the Windows version is not built *natively* - being someone who has actually written a DB engine (a core part of my own project) I do recall problems in the past with file seeking bugs occurring under non-native Windows builds (not that I could say if that would even be likely to the issue here but just to point out that non-native Windows builds don't always work perfectly).

This is actually why I had suggested not using Windows (i.e. it is not being built natively for Windows so why do you expect it to work perfectly under Windows when the devs don't even use that OS).

I thought the whole point of -core was to implement stability on windows systems, it was the main reason for the 64bit release.

If the -qt team neglects the fact that still most of the population has a windows environment and only continues to provide support for people who use/move to linux, then the bitcoin has a doggy future indeed.

The main reason why I am so persistent on this subject is I build and support alot of systems for friends and companies as part of a team, We spread the word of BTC to everyone we meet, But are constantly messaged with a corrupt database problems. You must understand most of the people I deal with and still most of the world do not know what a c prompt is, moving to linux is not an option!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:08:05 PM

I thought the whole point of -core was to implement stability on windows systems, it was the main reason for the 64bit release.

I never read that stability on Windows was a main reason for anything (but I might have missed something).

The tools that I used (admittedly many years back) were the MingW stuff for letting you use a basic GNU subsystem under Windows to compile stuff that had been written for usage with GCC and I found faults in it (then stopped using it because of those faults as it was corrupting my own DB system).

IMO it would be best to use MSVC for Windows as that is the best compiler that there is for Windows (I was never much of a fan of it until Borland proved to be a completely unreliable C++ compiler after their horrible 5.0 release - and they never got much better after that before they basically gave up on C++).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

O.K. I have integrated a bootstrap that is built up to 5 weeks ago, I have put this on core 9.2 and after a "scanning" the GUI shows up, It just sits their with no connections in or out, Been running a few hours, There is no CPU activity under the process tree and no network traffic, I'm just stumped.
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 08:35:24 PM

Well, If the database corrupt, maybe your hdd is needed to be repaired.
I think you should use chkdsk to identify & correct your hdd.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:30:10 PM

Well, If the database corrupt, maybe your hdd is needed to be repaired.
I think you should use chkdsk to identify & correct your hdd.
^This was my first thought as well: http://www.w7forums.com/threads/how-to-use-chkdsk-check-disk.448/.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: