Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is only a means to get money into alts. Bitcoin fails.  (Read 1844 times)
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:20:31 PM

Don't be fooled, especially newbees:

Bitcoin has no future (i believed it too a while back until i started to understand - now i know all the alternatives and btc is really not superior to altcoins)
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation eventually. I predict a 100% loss for the hodlers within 3 to 8 years.
What bitcoin is good for: it is THE way to bring cash into altcoins YOU think are better than the prototype.

Bitcoin as we know it today has no future because of exaggerated inflation.
Innovative and less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more and we need more quality alts which are good for being currency.

Bitcoin being superior to alts is an illusion and the arguments rely on two things:
-merchant adoption/acception
-hashrate

these two factors aren't constant. Hashrate can drop fast and move to another alt so that is no argument for the future of bitcoin. Hashrate is mobile enough and it is whereever the most profit is to be made. Also mergemining coins makes sense and a bunch of merged mined low inflation coins can certainly replace bitcoin- Merchants who adopted btc1.0 will adopt the better altcoin too once that becomes dominant.

Bottom line:
All the arguments of the permabulls are invalid and they look like fools right now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlosiness

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:22:43 PM

I missed a link to altcoins e-market with your referral key:) Don't be so negative

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4623

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

- snip -
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation
- snip -
- snip -
less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more
- snip -

inflation

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:41:22 PM

- snip -
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation
- snip -
- snip -
less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more
- snip -

inflation

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

inflation: dilution of exisitng supply with new coins minted each day currently 3600+
leads to decline in purchasing power of the currency - no surprise there.

More questions you need answered?

right now the bitcoin network burns 1,1 million USD each and every day for new coins. Who pays that? The hodler does.

inflation = increase in moneysupply (more coins) leads to all kinds of negative effects and has NO upside.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 05:47:17 PM

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Bitcoin doesn't lose value like that. If you see 1 Bitcoin only in x amount of dollars, then your mind is limited and wrong.  Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:48:42 PM

Don't be fooled, especially newbees:

Bitcoin has no future (i believed it too a while back until i started to understand - now i know all the alternatives and btc is really not superior to altcoins)
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation eventually. I predict a 100% loss for the hodlers within 3 to 8 years.
What bitcoin is good for: it is THE way to bring cash into altcoins YOU think are better than the prototype.

Innovative and less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more and we need more quality alts which are good for being currency.

Bitcoin being superior to alts is an illusion and the arguments rely on two things:
-hashrate

these two factors aren't constant. Hashrate can drop fast and move to another alt so that is no argument for the future of bitcoin. Hashrate is mobile enough and it is whereever the most profit is to be made. Also mergemining coins makes sense and a bunch of merged mined low inflation coins can certainly replace bitcoin- Merchants who adopted btc1.0 will adopt the better altcoin too once that becomes dominant.

Bottom line:
All the arguments of the permabulls are invalid and they look like fools right now

Please give me one example of which alt is better than bitcoin and why ?

Please dont give a PoS example to make yourself look like a complete stupid as PoS completely fails to bring in any value to the world outside cryptocurrency.

Moreover as Danny has already pointed out Bitcoin is a deflationary currency, NOT an inflationary one.

Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Bitcoin doesn't lose value like that. If you see 1 Bitcoin only in x amount of dollars, then your mind is limited and wrong.  Smiley

you obviously have no idea what you talk about.
Last year was 10 million coins
next year will be 15 million coins

This means bitcoin with the same marketcap has nex year 50% less price for a single coin.

example:
1 billion cap for 10 million coins makes 1 coin 100$
1 billion cap vor 15 million coins makes 1 coin 66,6$

- that's the kind of decline in purchase power you are looking at (aka inflation)

Please give me one example of which alt is better than bitcoin and why ?

Please dont give a PoS example to make yourself look like a complete stupid as PoS completely fails to bring in any value to the world outside cryptocurrency.

Moreover as Danny has already pointed out Bitcoin is a deflationary currency, NOT an inflationary one.

can't talk about alts here. If there is no better one then it needs to be launched but there are good coins already - all kinds of them. POW of course. Merged mined or not doesn't matter.
Low inflation alt just needs to be pumped and then it's: byby bitcoin.

Bitcoin is now inflationary. Deflationary later on (10years or more down the road if it manages to survive) but also only if people continue pouring cash into it.
Maybe it's not even a "currency" but just a digital token?
Where is the line to be drawn between an inflationary coin and a deflationary one? Can it be both at the same time?
Needs new topic.
I was talking about the inflation aspect. Deflation is a pipedream you dream
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

if OP thinks other altcoins are less "inflationary" then he might not understand how things work. altcoins have no practical use at this point, it's just a game of pump and dump. if you're not a big hitter and you don't have the insider info, then you're just a schmuck playing a game of roulette.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4623

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:29:48 PM

No currency can exist without being created.  Therefore, until all the units are in circulation, ALL crypto currencies will have a supply inflation.

Bitcoin supply inflation rate is quite small at the moment, and will continue to shrink VERY fast over the next few years.  Eventually the average number of bitcoins permanently lost each day will exceed the number that come into existence. At that time, the supply will become deflationary.

you obviously have no idea what you talk about.
Last year was 10 million coins
next year will be 15 million coins

You need to work on your math a bit.  You are clearly struggling with it.

Exactly a year ago, there were a total of 12,136,675 BTC (not 10 million)
Now there are a total of 13,614,125 BTC (not 15 million)

That's an annual inflation rate of a bit over 12%.

A year from now there will be approximately 14,928,125 BTC

That's an annual inflation rate of 9.7%

In the middle of the year 2016, the block subsidy will be cut in half and the inflation rate will drop to less than 4%, and will continue to drop after that.

This means bitcoin with the same marketcap has nex year 50% less price for a single coin.

No.  Again your math is horrible.

Even if you were correct with your 10 million and 15 million numbers (which you aren't), the same "market cap" would only result in 33% less price for a single coin. As it is, with only a 9.7% supply inflation rate, it would only result in 8.85% less price for a single coin.

Of course all of that assumes the same "market cap".  There is no reason that the "market cap" needs to stay the same. Bitcoin with the same (or higher) price per coin will simply have a higher "market cap".

example:
1 billion cap for 10 million coins makes 1 coin 100$
1 billion cap vor 15 million coins makes 1 coin 66,6$

- that's the kind of decline in purchase power you are looking at (aka inflation)

No it isn't.  See above.

can't talk about alts here. If there is no better one then it needs to be launched but there are good coins already - all kinds of them. POW of course. Merged mined or not doesn't matter.
Low inflation alt just needs to be pumped and then it's: byby bitcoin.

How would a coin come into existence without coming into existence?  Any alt will have to have inflation in order to exist.

Bitcoin is now inflationary. Deflationary later on (10years or more down the road if it manages to survive) but also only if people continue pouring cash into it.

Incorrect.  Supply deflation does not require people to pour cash into it.  It only requires that less bitcoins be created than are lost.

Maybe it's not even a "currency" but just a digital token?

It is definitly NOT a "digital token" since there is no "token" in bitcoin.  It is simply a ledger maintaining a list of requirements necessary to re-assign requirements to someone else. As to whether or not it is a "currency", that will depend on what each individual considers to be requirements for being a currency.

Where is the line to be drawn between an inflationary coin and a deflationary one? Can it be both at the same time?

Since "inflationary" means increase in available supply, and "deflationary" means decrease in available supply, I don't think it is possible to be both at the same time.  That would defy simple logic.

Needs new topic.

No.  It really doesn't.

I was talking about the inflation aspect. Deflation is a pipedream you dream

Plonk!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

so another bitcoin is dead thread  Cheesy

PolarPoint

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:51:57 PM

There are so many topics about bitcoin being dead and alts are the way to go, and these topics are mainly written by newbies. I interpret them as signals of a dying alt coin environment and alt coin developers are struggling with their pump and dump schemes, they have to sign up as newbies and spread FUD with unconvincing arguments.
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:55:36 PM

There are so many topics about bitcoin being dead and alts are the way to go, and these topics are mainly written by newbies. I interpret them as signals of a dying alt coin environment and alt coin developers are struggling with their pump and dump schemes, they have to sign up as newbies and spread FUD with unconvincing arguments.

lol. ALL THIS SHIT is dying. Better buy some ripple because that doesn't inflate with over 10% a year and eventually is the future of crypto because bitcoin can't hold the drink.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:58:55 PM

So humor us wise Muuuuuurrrrrrrrricaaaaaaaa, what altcoin should we get our money into besides Bitcoin?

Ripple?  NXT?  Darkcoin?  Monero?

Which crypto do you expertly advise us to invest our money:

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:00:12 PM

lol. ALL THIS SHIT is dying. Better buy some ripple because that doesn't inflate with over 10% a year and eventually is the future of crypto because bitcoin can't hold the drink.
Centralized system? I'd rather use fiat then.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

While Bitcoin is a great way to get money into other crypto startups, i.e. an investment vehicle, that is not all it is.   It can be hard to see it becoming a major world currency when it's taking a hit, but it could survive yet.  I'm undecided.  Might as well park funds in a stable crypto like bitUSD while the crash happens, unless you think the crash has happened and it's buying time.
vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:27:23 PM

Unobtanium is a pure SHA256 PoW mature coin.  14 months old and 192,773 of a possible total of 250,000 have been minted.  currently at a price of $2.16 per UNO and only 15 new UNO produced per day by mining with another halving coming this spring.  the final 50k will be mined over the course of 300 years.

this is not a pump and dump.  this is a grass-roots digital asset.

get in while you still can.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:39:59 PM

Gold is a rock painted in yellow color.
This Rock have no futur, too ...

Grin and it crash in value !
PolarPoint

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

So this post is about ripple?  Wink
You are not trying to prove alts are the future, you want newbies to buy the ripples you are dumping

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:52:37 PM

So this post is about ripple?  Wink
You are not trying to prove alts are the future, you want newbies to buy the ripples you are dumping

I would suspect so.
Then again I also suspect the OP is another Sol Adoni troll acounts.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!!!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:52:57 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 08:16:32 PM by jonald_fyookball

oooh fun Smiley  Thanks OP for a few minutes of entertainment.

Lets see, what can I say that others haven't pointed out...
Hmm...ok, how about this:

-hashrate

1. Merchant adoption:  

Pretty weak argument based on circular logic.  How are the altcoins going to
become dominant and get better adoption if the perception that
Bitcoin is superior rests on its superior adoption?

2. Hashrate "can drop fast" is a speculative (counterfactual) fallacy.  
There's no reason to assume or think that it will.  It may decrease
slightly if Bitcoin price continues to slide, but it won't "drop fast".  Even
a full order of magnitude decrease is much more secure than
any altcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: