Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Devitout101 scammer  (Read 1060 times)
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 10:36:11 PM

A user named Devitout101 has been trying to resell a blackjack script which has been stolen from someone else. The user also removed the license file from the file, which is illegal and I will be following up about that. 1btc has been conned, and I gave him 2 choices, full refund or we contact his ISP.
I have his ip address, and have confirmed where he lives, so what would the best course of action be?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

if you know where he lives couldnt you file this to your local police report regarding this under petty theft.

Anything less then $1,000 is file under that category in where i live.

williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:58:13 AM

I don't know what exact house number he lives in, but I have his IP and I know for a fact he lives in new jersey. I also know his possible birthdate from his skype.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:58:15 AM

I don't know what exact house number he lives in, but I have his IP and I know for a fact he lives in new jersey. I also know his possible birthdate from his skype.

Is this his forum account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=402839  ?
williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:53:31 PM

Is this his forum account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=402839  ?
Yes, this is it.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:56:10 PM

Yes, this is it.

Ok , thanks for the info. I've left him a negative trust ,if you have another proofs ~ please post it.
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

A user named Devitout101 has been trying to resell a blackjack script which has been stolen from someone else. The user also removed the license file from the file, which is illegal and I will be following up about that. 1btc has been conned, and I gave him 2 choices, full refund or we contact his ISP.
I have his ip address, and have confirmed where he lives, so what would the best course of action be?

did he steal the script from you? or who is someone else? wy  are You taking care of this and not the one who
is the victim? thanks
Kassenzettel

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:26:26 PM

Honestly i not think thats his ISP will care about that
Oriannaa

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

thats the problem with digital goods. its a lesson learned though since most things digitally can get stolen like eg: a web template or anything in similar nature.

its similar to how people upload movies and record them in theater then post it on piratebay etc.
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

I don't think you can do anything to him even if you contact his ISP. How can you say that he wasn't using a proxy and you wont land up in Australia while trying to catchup an American?
How did you get his iP?
He wont pay and you wont contact, i think that's most probably what's going to happen.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:44:07 AM

Thanks for posting! I was going to hire him and share him some codes. He asked for high price which isn't needed for that work. You just saved me. Thanks!

It is already asked, can you tell whether he stole the code from you or other person?

~~MZ~~

williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 03:08:15 PM

Thanks for posting! I was going to hire him and share him some codes. He asked for high price which isn't needed for that work. You just saved me. Thanks!

It is already asked, can you tell whether he stole the code from you or other person?

~~MZ~~
I searched the name in github and found it.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: