Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Bitcoin. Is there competition?  (Read 2294 times)
elinehaarbollen (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:10:13 AM

I'n my opinion bitcoin has failed as a currency but will be great as a pump and dump ETF toy and a great way to buy hard drugs on the internet.

However Ripple Is already adopted by chinese banks thats why its booming right now.

Soonish Ripple will be the nr 1 crypto currency. But Bitcoin will always be remembered as that innovating cute drugs valuta developed by some criminal.

Does anyone concur?

Source:
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYJdOiLqSxE
-https://xrptalk.org/topic/4725-chinas-ningbo-bank-to-use-ripple/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:16:08 AM

Nobody cares about Ripple honestly... Slow adaptation by them won't mean anything if bitcoin keeps diving because then the value of ALL crypto coins will be wayyyy less
lol I love how we have all these newbie accounts that care about Bitcoin... seems like a good sign... Once all you shorters cover, I will profit immensely, do the opposite of what everyone is saying & you make money! It really is that simple!!!
elinehaarbollen (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:18:01 AM

You don't get the point.

RIPPLE is in another league then Bitcoin.
Ripple is not a anarchist unregulated fail cryptocurrencie.
Its already adopted by multiple banks.
It will have the biggest marketcap because people use it instead of bitcoin..
elinehaarbollen (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:20:29 AM

Nobody cares about Ripple honestly... Slow adaptation by them won't mean anything if bitcoin keeps diving because then the value of ALL crypto coins will be wayyyy less
lol I love how we have all these newbie accounts that care about Bitcoin... seems like a good sign... Once all you shorters cover, I will profit immensely, do the opposite of what everyone is saying & you make money! It really is that simple!!!

Indeed , buy Ripple not Bitcoin if you want to make money.
You are the retard bashing bitcoin tills it dead. Now scared of ripple and trying to pump btc.
Shitheads like you destroyed bitcoin.

I'm happy you guys are missing the Ripple train.

God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:47:38 AM

Every dog has its day...or days...or weeks...or months...

ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:49:04 AM

Weird, but as a fellow XRP user I say: welcome to my ignore list. You reflect badly on the entire XRP community and you are one of those idiots that thinks he can sway market movement by making a few very unconvincing topics. Get lost or better, get banned.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:56:05 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 03:02:09 PM by jaredboice

So the banks are trying to hype their pet payment platform Ripple.  Roll Eyes

Of course the banks are adopting centralized and pre-issued XRP, and of course it's blowing up...
Because they're blowing it up with their own money!!  Shocked

Notice too how fewcoins, another local troll, is playing good cop and Devils advocate to OP!
These shills are working together, or possibly the same person

Both are on my ignore list now
Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:58:39 AM

banks just wanna use Ripple so they can control it more and earn more. Bitcoin is freedom.   Ripple is just like any other Fiat. Government Controlled.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:58:51 AM

So they banks are trying to hype their pet crypto Ripple.  Roll Eyes

Notice too how fewcoins, another local troll, is playing good cop and Devils advocate to OP!
These shills are working together, or better yet likely the same person

Both are on my ignore list now

shills, shilling shills, shilling shills
shilling...
Seketsuna

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:12:08 AM

what is Ripple? i think its just another pump pump then dump coin.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:12:48 AM

USD vs Paypal. Is there competition?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
nauane

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:33:51 AM

I liked the comparison (remembered an anime)
laughing too
God27

Activity: 364

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:36:34 AM

laughing too

What anime? Bleach, DBZ, DeathNote, Cowboy Bebop?

rogerdonkey

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:41:06 AM

i see some people pumping xrp likes manipulation

nauane

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:45:07 AM

laughing too

What anime? Bleach, DBZ, DeathNote, Cowboy Bebop?
anime name is dog's days
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:11:30 AM

Who is playing in the Ripple bowl this year?

Someone remind me because I forgot.

Oh yeah that's right...that shit doesn't exist.

Ripple shills- sit down and be quiet when BTC takes the national stage on Dec. 26th NC State vs Central Florida

Maybe ripple can sponsor a darts tournament.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:19:30 AM

Ripple shills- sit down and be quiet when BTC takes the national stage on Dec. 26th NC State vs Central Florida
...While its price tanks.

People watching the Bowl:

-Damn, I am totally gonna invest in this thing that news called the worst investment of 2014! Sounds great!

Are you serious?
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:31:30 AM

In the longrun, the case for bitcoin is as an asset that can be money, but which no one can censor/control. It needs some moderate level of merchant adoption to provide the practical economic link, but it doesn't need to replace fiat as far as everyday purchases go. XRP will never be that uncensorable value-store, since it's not decentralized in the way bitcoin is (see recent stellar/ripple core consensus alg failure).

It's actually because of that non-pure decentralization which will make banks more willing to integrate with Ripple. My intuition right now is that Ripple and Stellar will lean more and more centralized over time (for both political reasons, as well as the unfortunate fact that their consensus algorithm is broken at the core wrt meaningful decentralization), and if they become successful, they will effectively be controlled by a small number of banks who run the major gateways and validating nodes.

Which is fine; XRP and BTC don't compete in the same primary domains, even though some people right now seem to think they do. XRP competes in the domain where you want to hold XRP for just long enough to get a transaction done. If it catches on, it should be a high-velocity (which is inversely proportional to market-cap) pseudo-currency. BTC, though, ultimately competes in the gold market and stored-liquid-wealth domains, which are magnitudes larger than instantaneous high-velocity transactional demand. If you do the math for transactional demand, you get market-caps in the low tens of billions at best; the mcap for currency-as-store-of-wealth work out to hundreds of billions to low trillions (some would argue double-digit trillions).

tldr: Ripple and bitcoin do not ultimately compete because Ripple is not sufficiently decentralized. Total target/potential market-cap for BTC is orders of magnitude higher than for XRP.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
maranello1561

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:51:41 AM

LOL they laughed at Ripple when it first came down. Guess who's having the last laugh now ... Muhahahahahaha
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:56:27 AM

They are different things. One is centralized (more or less) with a dependence on "trusting" gateways. Bitcoin isn't like that. So yes- we're having some hell of a rough time price wise, but look around at the enormous ecosystem of people building their own things and you realize it's a totally different animal.

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: