Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a 900,000 GH/S Farm  (Read 3012 times)
joeyface (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:33:07 AM

Building a 900,000 Gh/s farm with all s4's going to keep rolling with the s5's when they roll in Jan 15.. have 15kv power coming in... using BTC guild pool have been for a while on a smaller scale.. 40 tons of AC... my question is what other miners would you guys use on this scale thanks again Joeyface.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:33:22 AM

The S4 black friday deal is $408 per TH, while the Spondoolies SP 35 is $508 per TH, SP20 is $387 per TH+PSU, and the SP31 is $525 per TH.

You should probably run the cost analysis on performance per watt as well to get the best bang for the buck

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:11:13 AM

I like the fact that you think big...
See first the price of BTC then figure if its worth
hey by the way Bitmain sells the S4 by petahash now
if you have spare 425.000 dollars...
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 02:38:07 PM

Building a 900,000 Gh/s farm with all s4's going to keep rolling with the s5's when they roll in Jan 15.. have 15kv power coming in... using BTC guild pool have been for a while on a smaller scale.. 40 tons of AC... my question is what other miners would you guys use on this scale thanks again Joeyface.

Mine sharing more details like electricity charges? If electric is cheap you can get cheaper GH/s and not so efficient miner.

vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:39:26 PM

wait... S5 in 15 jan ? how do you know that ?
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:45:55 PM

pictures or scam!!! Grin
dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:51:51 PM

I am curious, as to how much successful are these farms, specially when mining is not much profitable now days.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 08:50:59 PM

Why would you build a 900 TH/s Farm when mining has ceased being profitable?

There's a reason Bitcoin difficulty has decreased for 2 straight period, miners are shutting down because they can't keep up with electrical costs and the ever growing hash rate/difficulty.

Sure difficulty levelling recently is a breather from the exponential growth, but as soon as you turn on that 900 TH/s, you're competing against guys like this pretty much killing any chance at ROI:

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201412171033028658LE40FU705ED

Don't bother, unless you live in the North Pole and have free solar power and cooling, it doesn't make sense or cents to start a mining operation this large.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:02:01 PM

I have a better question: How is it that a person having access to funds needed, if not his own, to start building such a facility, come here depicting how he has all his ducks in row, then turns around and ask what other miners would work hand-in-hand in said facility?  Roll Eyes

You might as well just came here and proclaimed you're building the biggest egg-producing facility under one roof and ask us farmers on this forum which would make a better security system: The grey wolf or coyotes?  Shocked

That said, you've either have more money than brains or you're out to scam, albeit I'm leaning toward both at this juncture.  Kiss
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:26:23 PM

Building a 900,000 Gh/s farm with all s4...
Sure you are.  Just happen to have the funds to bring nearly a petahash online burning a hole in your pocket, do ya?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
joeyface (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

Hey guys thanks for the comments the reason i'm asking about other miners that might work better for this setup because maybe its something we have missed has a team.. We have only ever run S3 - S4 miners power cost is at 12 cents kWh which we have worked out with the power company. We made them a offer based on volume of usage. I have been told by the company ..Jan is when they plan to make it known on S5 specs and launch date is right behind that. WIll be rolled out in 3 Stages 300 Units Drops per stage.Should be totally online in 2 months after the first 300 go online.
LordPaco

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:42:01 PM

We have only ever run S3 - S4 miners power cost is at 12 cents kWh which we have worked out with the power company.

OMG Just do it! I could use some cheap ebay miners around March
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:15:41 PM

Hey guys thanks for the comments the reason i'm asking about other miners that might work better for this setup because maybe its something we have missed has a team.. We have only ever run S3 - S4 miners power cost is at 12 cents kWh which we have worked out with the power company. We made them a offer based on volume of usage. I have been told by the company ..Jan is when they plan to make it known on S5 specs and launch date is right behind that. WIll be rolled out in 3 Stages 300 Units Drops per stage.Should be totally online in 2 months after the first 300 go online.

Why would you buy S4 when it costs more and uses more W/GH when you could buy some SP-Tech gear which is cheaper and uses less W/GH?

AJinNYC

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:34:03 AM

Why would you buy S4 when it costs more and uses more W/GH when you could buy some SP-Tech gear which is cheaper and uses less W/GH?

Says the person with the affiliate link.

Done with this forum. Goodbye all.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:41:09 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 08:54:58 PM by Xian01

Says the person with the affiliate link.
Does not change the fact of the matter that Bitmain is no longer aggressively competing on cost for the home mining market.

Yes, SPTech sent me an SP20 for free, and that turned me on to the reality that theirs is a more reasonable product to buy than Bitmain's. Affiliate link or not does not change reality.

Having said that, given my current infrastructure being maxed out, I'm waiting for Q1 2015 before considering further upgrades to my farm. If I had money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd pick up 5 SP20's right now to replace older gear I still have running, but can't rationalize it ATM.

Buying the first few round of Bitmain S3's left a really bad taste in my mouth, considering they lied to me via email about the whole S3+ debacle (claimed they would not be revving the S3 line when I was buying batches 1 through 3, to address their performance problems)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:51:11 PM

Does not change the fact of the matter that Bitmain is no longer aggressively competing on cost for the home mining market.

Exactly. SPTech has been aggressive on price drops lately, putting them at the forefront of quality and price. Too bad the current exchange rate makes ROI difficult.

Buy & Hold
joeyface (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:07:15 AM

I have been in talks with Yoshi from bitmain about the buying of the 1 peta farm they have.. They have 2 peta for sale is there any one on this board that has done business with him thanks . Joeyface
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:05:44 AM

I have been in talks with Yoshi from bitmain about the buying of the 1 peta farm they have.. They have 2 peta for sale is there any one on this board that has done business with him thanks . Joeyface

Why do you think he is selling that huge farm? He can't be selling it because he is bored counting his mined bitcoins. It's clearly that the power usage of that farm is so high that his earnings are minimal. Your call.

joeyface (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:34:25 AM

I guess maybe your right must be something i'm missing 80kw per month is 56k... based on today's price is 877k   profit  iam looking 2 see if these people are real maybe i'm missing the big picture...
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:16:00 AM

I guess maybe your right must be something i'm missing 80kw per month is 56k... based on today's price is 877k   profit  iam looking 2 see if these people are real maybe i'm missing the big picture...

80kW for 900TH? I don't think so. I think you got the numbers wrong.

Also 56k for 80kW? Where is that? What price are you getting for power?

877k profit for a 500k$ investment? That can't be right. Not at this difficulty and this BTC price. In how much time? I am sure that you messed up your calculations somewhere. Please share them if you want or just redo them.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: