Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:27:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good point to freak out would be ...  (Read 2104 times)
gustav (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:07:06 AM

right here.
Panic is recommended once that line breaks for  longer than a few hours.  

If panic breaks out and Bitcoin would go to hell and not rebound very fast to new highs the fail would be confirmed and going to Zero would be inevitable in the long run.

I thought i leave a comment about it...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:38:25 AM

It could touch the line and then surge up. No need to freak out, for me at least.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:42:12 AM

We still above the line.

No reason for panic, for now.

Think your way will only make us neurotic.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:43:48 AM

It could touch the line and then surge up. No need to freak out, for me at least.

what if it doesn't bounce off it but break lower and NOT bounce? What you gonna do then?
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:46:18 AM

Better set a stop loss!  Don't try any hero moves here
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:47:07 AM

If this is wave 5 of the super-cycle, and it seems to be shaping that way, that longterm trendline should get smashed according to elliot wave analysis.
g27wr

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

I like guns.

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:47:55 AM

Can someone explain the chart in OP? How do you set that up in Bitcoin Wisdom and what does it mean?

gustav (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:55:35 AM

Can someone explain the chart in OP? How do you set that up in Bitcoin Wisdom and what does it mean?

It's logarythmic view.

setting -> scale

i found this to be the better scale to look at longterm crypto movements since crypto has been and is expected to be exponential growing.
If bitcoin breaks this line it broke the long, long, long term trendline and the myth of the exponential growth would be disproven. Also a mass exodus of early adopters could be expected (the mother of all panics) in which case a rebound is not certain (or even unlikely) and a total fail becomes almost a certainty - from my angle at least.

On the other hand a massive rebound is also quite possible for the next days.

This is make it or break it point.
10k$ or ZERO
we'll see ...
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:00:08 AM

total bitcoin fail?! very unlikely
gustav (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:01:01 AM

because why? The hero member said so? ... sure ...  Roll Eyes

I don't know anymore what's likely or not after 1 year bearmarket and a selloff right behind us (few hours ago) and NO rebound! .
So why is it unlikely?
g27wr

I like guns.

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:02:38 AM

It's logarythmic view.

setting -> scale

i found this to be the better scale to look at longterm crypto movements since crypto has been and is expected to be exponential growing.
If bitcoin breaks this line it broke the long, long, long term trendline and the myth of the exponential growth would be disproven. Also a mass exodus of early adopters could be expected (the mother of all panics) in which case a rebound is not certain (or even unlikely) and a total fail becomes almost a certainty - from my angle at least.

10k$ or ZERO
we'll see ...

Sorry to be a n00b with the chart...I set the scale to logarythmic but it doesn't display as yours does. Is something else needed?

gustav (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:03:32 AM

It's logarythmic view.

setting -> scale

10k$ or ZERO
we'll see ...

Sorry to be a n00b with the chart...I set the scale to logarythmic but it doesn't display as yours does. Is something else needed?

timescale zoom out to max or 3 days ... use stamp for longer history

that's what it shows in the OP:
-3 days timescale
-bitstamp
-log view

that's it ... and a line inserted by me of course ...
g27wr

I like guns.

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:06:08 AM

It's logarythmic view.

setting -> scale

10k$ or ZERO
we'll see ...

timescale zoom out to max or 3 days ... use stamp for longer history

that's what it shows in the OP:
-3 days timescale
-bitstamp
-log view

that's it ... and a line inserted by me of course ...

Ah, wasn't zoomed out far enough. Thanks!

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:06:52 AM

because why? The hero member said so? ... sure ...  Roll Eyes

I don't know anymore what's likely or not after 1 year bearmarket and a selloff right behind us (few hours ago) and NO rebound! .
So why is it unlikely?

yeah hero member, exactly ))

more and more people keep finding out and learning about bitcoin, government officials in many countries noticing it.  it has many uses, much unrealized yet.   i cannot simply see it reaching an absolute zero any time soon
gustav (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:12:32 AM

If this is wave 5 of the super-cycle, and it seems to be shaping that way, that longterm trendline should get smashed according to elliot wave analysis.

can you go into more detail about that? Please elaborate on your scenario.
gustav (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:13:44 AM

more and more people keep finding out and learning about bitcoin, government officials in many countries noticing it.  it has many uses, much unrealized yet.  

what you say is crypotcurrency in general  - not exclusively bitcoin.

Crypto will not vanish, but bitcoin could; why not?

It's a good first try though and will be remembered in historybooks, that's for sure.

Not saying it fails, but saying: good trader has an eye on all possible scenarios and is prepared for big red aswell as big green candles right now.

I think it can become  very volatile again. Up or down both possible.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:19:49 AM

wait until holidays are over, before going into panic mode, that is if earth/universe/etc will not vanish by then
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:33:42 AM

because why? The hero member said so? ... sure ...  Roll Eyes

So why is it unlikely?

yeah hero member, exactly ))

more and more people keep finding out and learning about bitcoin, government officials in many countries noticing it.  it has many uses, much unrealized yet.   i cannot simply see it reaching an absolute zero any time soon

And a Legend. Wink

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:47:06 AM

It would be bad for sentiment and that's it. It's not so important to deem Bitcoin dead due to a break of it. I half expect it to get broken. A correction at this point in the cycle should reach the previous consolidation as a retest and trend lines are meant to be broken eventually. It will just make for a wider channel and define the boundaries for the next cycle.

communication guerrilla

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:51:56 AM

It would be bad for sentiment and that's it. It's not so important to deem Bitcoin dead due to a break of it. I half expect it to get broken. A correction at this point in the cycle should reach the previous consolidation as a retest and trend lines are meant to be broken eventually. It will just make for a wider channel and define the boundaries for the next cycle.

yes, keep telling yourself that
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: