Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 02:36:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help no fees.  (Read 859 times)
activebiz (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:43:14 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 10:08:42 AM by activebiz

I just sent some btc from blockchain. unfortunately the TX was sent with no fees.
I don't think it will confirm is there a way to add a fee to the transaction? thanks.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:47:34 AM

I just sent some btc from blockchain. unfortunately the TX was sent with no fees.
I don't think it will confirm is there a way to add a fee to the transaction? thanks.

nope. bc.i will "return" it after a while, just wait.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
activebiz (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:04:31 AM

nope. bc.i will "return" it after a while, just wait.
that will take 48hrs. there's still some change from the tx Ive just tried sending some of the changer with a fee I hope it works

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 07:18:19 AM

-snip-
that will take 48hrs. there's still some change from the tx Ive just tried sending some of the changer with a fee I hope it works

Child pays for parent might work, yes. Esp since the number of unconfirmed tx is pretty low currently.

activebiz (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:05:05 AM

-snip-

Child pays for parent might work, yes. Esp since the number of unconfirmed tx is pretty low currently.

I'm sure there's a way to do it. just it would take the whole day to find. it just that all my btc is on the adddress and ill be loosing 0.1 per day till its refuded

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 08:12:52 AM

-snip-

I'm sure there's a way to do it. just it would take the whole day to find. it just that all my btc is on the adddress and ill be loosing 0.1 per day till its refuded

Well, technically you can try to double spend the initial transaction by creating a new one. You will have a hard time to get your TX broadcasted to the miners though. Most nodes will not relay a transaction that is spending an input that is allready part of a known transaction (confirmed or not does not matter).
You would also need to export the needed private key(s) from bc.i into another wallet in order to create the TX in the first place.

I have no idea why you would not pay a fee for a TX that is vitaly important to you, but everything you can do now is very messy and might result in more problems.

activebiz (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:18:07 AM

thanks shorena for your input.
I think its safety not to try a double spend.

I guess ill have to wait 48hrs
thanks for ur input.

amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:20:48 AM

I send btc a lot of times without fees and they always get confirmed. Maybe btc just need to be old enough for this, but I don't care as long it is working without problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: