Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:48:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum simply stopped working  (Read 1378 times)
Bitcoin Seller (OP)

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:55:39 AM

I would like to get a solution to fix my Electrum wallet please , I had a Private keys backup so I don't worry about my Coins . but I would like to fix the .exe or whatever the problem is

Basically , I woke up and I was going to do a transaction & so I give the buyer my BTC Adress , I tried to open my Electrum wallet but it's not working . nothing happens basically
I only see it on TaskManager for few seconds then It dissapear and no Window show up

RAM : 3GB

If you need any more informations please let me know .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:22:22 AM

Delete the config file in the wallet directory. Location of directory is given here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum#Wallet_File
Bitcoin Seller (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:55:47 AM

Delete the config file in the wallet directory. Location of directory is given here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum#Wallet_File

What Config file man ? default_wallet ? can't seem be able to find it
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 01:48:06 PM

why do you need to backup the private keys for? Just make sure you have the 12-word seed with you.

If you have, proceed to uninstall electrum. Search for the program files folder to find out if it is still there. If yes, then delete the file. Next go to your_computer_name > AppData > Roaming

Search for electrum folder then delete it.

Start afresh by doing new installation. Use your 12-word seed to recover back your coins.

Bitcoin Seller (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:23:22 PM

why do you need to backup the private keys for? Just make sure you have the 12-word seed with you.

If you have, proceed to uninstall electrum. Search for the program files folder to find out if it is still there. If yes, then delete the file. Next go to your_computer_name > AppData > Roaming

Start afresh by doing new installation. Use your 12-word seed to recover back your coins.

I was able to find that config file , removed it and now I now can run Electrum fine . but why I had that problem exactly ? should I delete the Config each time ? It dosen't make sense at all to me .
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:43:47 AM

I was able to find that config file , removed it and now I now can run Electrum fine . but why I had that problem exactly ? should I delete the Config each time ? It dosen't make sense at all to me .

The developer should be the best person to answer your question. But anyway, your case seems to be isolated. I never have any problem with electrum not being able to open or crash and it works great thus far.

Bitcoin Seller (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:03:55 AM

The developer should be the best person to answer your question. But anyway, your case seems to be isolated. I never have any problem with electrum not being able to open or crash and it works great thus far.

Alright , I will try to contact the developer or post on the Github page they have . and the wallet seem to work fine anyway .... It just sometimes don't run (show for seconds on TaskManager then get closed)  ones I delete the config file as the guy above said , It come back to work fine , so weird Grin thanks for your answer mate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: